M11 freeze issues [Merged]

mrmalo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

12 minutes ago, Jewl said:

Fair but this from my perspective is not helpful to what they promise. At the moment i stopped shooting which is similar to your workaround 😉

Difference is you don't shoot while i do with no problem at all... I used to set Auto Review to off with my M240 too so it is not a problem for me. As long as it works i don't care but i wish you find the better solution for you of course :cool:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lct said:

Difference is you don't shoot while i do with no problem at all... I used to set Auto Review to off with my M240 too so it is not a problem for me. As long as it works i don't care but i wish you find the better solution for you of course :cool:

I never set auto review since m240, and up till now… i wonder if i have the same problem though… if i set auto review on 🤔

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the freezing problem for the first time. The only thing changed ... I put on a grid (6x4). I had a couple of freezes while using the grid. Turned off the grid, no more freezes. Could well be a coincidence, but it is an interesting data point.

I had never used the grid previously.

Edited by MrPaulK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

20 hours ago, MrPaulK said:

I had the freezing problem for the first time. The only thing changed ... I put on a grid (6x4). I had a couple of freezes while using the grid. Turned off the grid, no more freezes. Could well be a coincidence, but it is an interesting data point.

I had never used the grid previously.

Hey, 

Just tried that on my camera that continuously freeze on random instances, but it didn't freeze with LV with grid setting. 

If you turn it on without taking the lid of the lens or without lens mounted. Set the the iso to for instance 64 on the dial and shutterspeed to 125 and release the shutter, does it freeze after the first frame? Try not to press the second position on the shutter release button, just press it down in one motion. 

Mine freeze like this all the time, I'm waiting for the next firmware, hopefully its just software issue that will be fixed with the firmware. 

Best

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Gigamesh:

If you turn it on without taking the lid of the lens or without lens mounted. Set the the iso to for instance 64 on the dial and shutterspeed to 125 and release the shutter, does it freeze after the first frame? Try not to press the second position on the shutter release button, just press it down in one motion. 

Mine freeze like this all the time, I'm waiting for the next firmware, hopefully its just software issue that will be fixed with the firmware. 

Mine does not freeze doing this.

Last week on my holidays I also got some freeze up with my M11. Only chance was to switch the camera off. Some times I need to remove the battery otherwise nothing happened. It was so bad at one instance that after all workarounds I couldn't take any photos with my M11 because it says the SD card is full but it wasn't There was still plenty space on the 128GB Sony SD card. The only way I could come around was to insert the SD card in my Mac system to do a backup of the photos, put the SD card back into my M11 and format it. After that procedure I was able to take photos and save them on the SD card. Weird random hick-ups with the M11.

I have to wonder why a $9,000.(US) camera body has an issue that eleven pages of the Leica Forum needs to discuss?  This is something Leica should deal with and not sell another camera until it is fixed. I've been using Leica since the mid 1960's and have never had an issue. But my newest M is an M10. Seems they are getting worse rather than better. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, GFW2-SCUSA said:

I have to wonder why a $9,000.(US) camera body has an issue that eleven pages of the Leica Forum needs to discuss?  This is something Leica should deal with and not sell another camera until it is fixed. I've been using Leica since the mid 1960's and have never had an issue. But my newest M is an M10. Seems they are getting worse rather than better. 

Seems like the M11 need a refresh firmware lol, i tried by disabling the stand by mode.. still lots of discussions, still lots of workarounds

what happened with your M10? Used it since early release, apart from the stuck iso dials which inhabited some batches, M10 seemed robust  in terms of firmware

Six day old M11, settings at default, fitted with 50mm Noctilux f1.2.  Had taken some photos during an early part of a walk when suddenly the camera became unresponsive. Not entirely unexpected as my M10M sometimes locks-up but when it does the LCD is blank. With the M11, all buttons were unresponsive but the LCD was seemingly still on but like the buttons would not respond to any touch.  So of course, I turned it off and was very surprised that the LCD seemingly stayed on. See attached photo.  Anyone else had the same experience?

Removing the battery restored things to normality.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

5 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

Six day old M11, settings at default, fitted with 50mm Noctilux f1.2.  Had taken some photos during an early part of a walk when suddenly the camera became unresponsive. Not entirely unexpected as my M10M sometimes locks-up but when it does the LCD is blank. With the M11, all buttons were unresponsive but the LCD was seemingly still on but like the buttons would not respond to any touch.  So of course, I turned it off and was very surprised that the LCD seemingly stayed on. See attached photo.  Anyone else had the same experience?

I seldom use LCD while shooting, only used when tempering the menu, but a wise guy told me, try to disable standby mode would probably help, working with old and slow sd card prior to the release of M11 might minimize lock ups.. but everyday i wish leica release a firmware that fix this

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Keith (M):

I had this too with earlier firmware versions. 

17 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

Why the lens profile it of the 75/ 2,5 and not the 50 1.2?

33 minutes ago, Photoworks said:

Why the lens profile it of the 75/ 2,5 and not the 50 1.2?

Doh, because when scribbling my post last night I forgot that I had replaced the Noctilux with my 75mm Summarit f2.5 shortly before setting off (the Noctilux had been on the camera during most of the time until then).  Mea culpa.