M11-P freezes too

setuporg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well, I waited for the P in the hope it fixes the freezes, that I’ve only read about, and now, on the second day of using it, it’s freezing every second time.  Right after I connected FOTOS.  Pretty sure it’s the culprit.  Also get the flickering red tint in the frame lines.  Probably going back…. Firmware 2.0.1.  This is utterly ridiculous.   Sony users would not stand for it.   It’s an obvious recall.  How did you guys put up with it for a year and a half?  Instead of a spreadsheet y’all should have signed a petition, hinting at collective action. 

Another change I’ve done since yesterday is to switch to DNG+JPG and set JPG to High HDR.

My original FOTOS setup was botched so I only connected today for sure.  So that’s another variable.

Overall it’s idiotic for customers to do all of that testing.  Leica must repair and replace all freezes for free, refund freezing cameras when asked, and generally rectify it properly.

Edited by setuporg
  • Like 13

A $600 Pentax K70 camera works perfectly out of the box. There’s zero reason a $9000+ camera shouldn’t work perfectly out of the box, either. Sorry to hear about your experience with it, I’ve been waiting to see how the new M11-P camera bodies perform, to see if Leica has fixed the issues on the standard M11. Seems I’ll be holding off for the M12 to see if Leica decides to finally get it right. Hope you can get a new one that actually works properly, or you at least return it to get something else that does work the way it should. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been running my new M11-P with Content Credentials switched ON and no problems.  But it failed when I tried to use Fotos.  Since I don't often need Fotos and I do want to have my name and copyright in the file, I'll do anything that needs FOTOS for control with my plain old M11 for now.  I've reported the problem and hope  firmware 2.0.2 will fix it.  Fotos seemed to work just fine with the M11-P as long as CC was switched off.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Photoworks said:

I had a freeze in fotos when using the quick remote over bt 

We need a sad emoji as a reaction here, @LUF Admin!

Funny how I wanted to return here on a high note with a new M11-P in hand, as you can see in the M11-P photo thread, and even the stapler sound of the shutter seems very satisfying now, and then this!

Edited by setuporg

4 hours ago, setuporg said:

Well, I waited for the P in the hope it fixes the freezes, that I’ve only read about, and now, on the second day of using it, it’s freezing every second time.  Right after I connected FOTOS.  Pretty sure it’s the culprit.  Also get the flickering red tint in the frame lines.  Probably going back…. Firmware 2.0.1.  This is utterly ridiculous.   Sony users would not stand for it.   It’s an obvious recall.  How did you guys put up with it for a year and a half?  Instead of a spreadsheet y’all should have signed a petition, hinting at collective action. 

Another change I’ve done since yesterday is to switch to DNG+JPG and set JPG to High HDR.

My original FOTOS setup was botched so I only connected today for sure.  So that’s another variable.

Overall it’s idiotic for customers to do all of that testing.  Leica must repair and replace all freezes for free, refund freezing cameras when asked, and generally rectify it properly.

This was something never reported before 2.0.1, so it's likely it's a new bug related to the app and the current firmware. I'm sure there will be a fix, but all affected should report the bug to Leica.

I never use the app, so this would be a non-issue for me. You should see how shitty other manufacturers apps are.

Edited by hdmesa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK appeasers!:). That’s why this keeps going on — y’all are just dealing with it individually instead of rising up in arms!:).  A single class action forcing a recall, and it would be fixed before you know it.  We need a Union here.  Say everyone gets $5K off the purchase price.  That’s about the difference you have to pay for an upgrade.  Or, free upgrade in B+ condition.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, setuporg said:

OK appeasers!:). That’s why this keeps going on — y’all are just dealing with it individually instead of rising up in arms!:).  A single class action forcing a recall, and it would be fixed before you know it.  We need a Union here.  Say everyone gets $5K off the purchase price.  That’s about the difference you have to pay for an upgrade.  Or, free upgrade in B+ condition.

Or just stick with the M10R 😉

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, setuporg said:

The problem of not being able to connect to the app in a single version of the firmware that will be fixed in 2.0.2 pales in comparison to the issues many of us had with the M11.

I would put down the pitchfork and relax. Your camera is not going to be like the M11. And you don’t need the app to use and enjoy the camera while waiting for an update 🙃 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, setuporg said:

... it’s freezing every second time.  Right after I connected FOTOS.  Pretty sure it’s the culprit....

Let me make sure I understand what you wrote, though. Are you saying it only freezes when connecting to the app? Or are you saying it now freezes every other time you boot it up after having connected to the app at one time?

Edited by hdmesa

1 minute ago, hdmesa said:

Let me make sure I understand what you wrote, though. Are you saying it only freezes when connecting to the app? Or are you saying it now freezes every other time you boot it up after having connected to the app at one time?

It’s been freezing while connected until I turned wifi.  Also removed the card.  Now seems to be OK.  Am not feeling like experimenting to narrow down the causes today…. Just making happy stapling sounds!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, setuporg said:

It’s been freezing while connected until I turned wifi.  Also removed the card.  Now seems to be OK.  Am not feeling like experimenting to narrow down the causes today…. Just making happy stapling sounds!

Ok, I was about to get out my pitchfork and march to Wetzlar with you in protest if it was freezing on startup like the M11 😂

• Haha 3

Without wifi, but with the CC on, happy

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

stapling continues!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, setuporg said:

I’ve been doing just that for 1.5 years and my M10R is a joy that never got me any grief!  I’ve just tried to get up to date.  Can a guy have any fun here?!:)

Depends how you define fun 🤩 seems more like masochism.  Perhaps we could all learn from George:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1