Leica M10 to M10-P Conversion

budjames

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 8/14/2019 at 6:28 AM, Kwesi said:

slightly off topic but I am surprised it doesn't work, given that its the same sensor. I wonder if its a Lightroom glitch?

No issues with converted M10-P files with Capture One Pro 12.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

On 8/15/2019 at 3:47 PM, budjames said:

No issues with converted M10-P files with Capture One Pro 12.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

I’m not sure what you mean with converted files but C1 doesn’t have M10P profile and generic one is way off from the M10 profile (with M10).

This is major downside on C1 as I shoot with SL and M10P which has totally different colors. I solved my problem with creating generic profiles with Lumariver with great success.

15 hours ago, oka said:

I’m not sure what you mean with converted files but C1 doesn’t have M10P profile and generic one is way off from the M10 profile (with M10).

This is major downside on C1 as I shoot with SL and M10P which has totally different colors. I solved my problem with creating generic profiles with Lumariver with great success.

Converted camera not files.

Regards,

Bud James

19 hours ago, oka said:

Your correct Oka.  I also use C1 12 and noticed there isn't a profile for the M10P.  A M10P file looks terrible colour wise when you try and use the M10 profile.  I believe Bud is using the DNG Neutral profile.  I'm not a fan of the DNG Neutral profile so I also created my own profiles using Lumariver.  I have put in a support request to C1 for support of the M10P.  I requested this when C1 11 was the current version late last year.

3 minutes ago, helohe said:

I am wondering if leica changed something slightly with the M10-P sensor. As using the M10 profile for the M10-P files gives bad color in LR/C1. However there do not seem to be any color problems for the upgraded M10.

The sensor is the same in both cameras.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My brought my converted M10 in to Customer Care in Wetzlar yesterday. There was an issue with the metadata the camera created after the conversion (identifies itself as "LEICA M10", aperture numbers missing, etc.; see here). While I had lunch, they fully reset the camera and re-loaded the firmware (2.6.5.1). Now everything is fine.

• 1 year later...
Am 30.5.2019 um 06:31 schrieb Gast:

….so if Leica ever offered just a shutter upgrade (which I would love to have!) it would presumably cost $2,699 which seems incredibly high.

They do. I just send my M10 to Wetzlar. I ll get the „Shutter Only“ for 1995€ incl vat. The silent shutter is all i want. The rest of the M10p is just enoing. Big logo on topplate and the stuppid touch screen. Nobody needs that. Cheerz

Edited by Lens77

On 8/19/2019 at 6:11 PM, helohe said:

I am wondering if leica changed something slightly with the M10-P sensor. As using the M10 profile for the M10-P files gives bad color in LR/C1. However there do not seem to be any color problems for the upgraded M10.

Not necessarily - it is more likely  that they changed the in-camera processing.

3 hours ago, Lens77 said:

They do. I just send my M10 to Wetzlar. I ll get the „Shutter Only“ for 1995€ incl vat. The silent shutter is all i want. The rest of the M10p is just enoing. Big logo on topplate and the stuppid touch screen. Nobody needs that. Cheerz

The M10P also added a spirit level (necessary to enable the Perspective Control feature).

4 minutes ago, astrostl said:

The M10P also added a spirit level (necessary to enable the Perspective Control feature).

Not really a spirit level but an electronic one. A spirit level could only be used for visual reference.

9 minutes ago, jdlaing said:

Not really a spirit level but an electronic one. A spirit level could only be used for visual reference.

Leica themselves also simply call them spirit levels as opposed to a digital spirit levels, presumably because this "distinction" is obvious to all.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

vor 1 Stunde schrieb martinot:

Any Leica program for conversion to M10-R on the horizon?

IMHO Leica is unlikely to offer this because too much of the built-in electronics would have to be replaced.
It should be more economical to sell your M10 to partially finance an M10-R or wait and see what the future M11 will do better. 

• 2 weeks later...

All this exercise to remove a ding on a top plate. Would have been easier to have it removed and a metal engraver work his/her magic on it. Would be a true collectors edition.

And all the 'oohhs' and 'aahhs' will certainly mask the shutter noise!

Edited by rramesh
  • Haha 1