Leica M10 Monochrom Images

Likaleica

Advertisement (gone after registration)

White out/snow

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

vor einer Stunde schrieb fredus:

Is this straight out of the camera or is there some post-processing? Thanks!

Almost out of cam. A view corrections.

contrast, sharpness and so on, but very little.

i shoot raw only, thats why I always „need“ to do some post.

Edited by Mefty
  • Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Image from yesterday's walkabout to show the rendering w/ minimal PP, which would't save the images from being boring anyway. As an aside, It was 24 degrees F and the battery life seems very similar to that of the M10.

Edited by dkmoore
  • Like 6

@dkmoore thank you for sharing; just wondering if you have taken some shots using pre-ASPH lenses with the M10M? So far all examples Ive seen are with ASPH / APO lenses. The MM1 was the only MM I had but my favorite thing about it was how amazing it looked with old vintage lens (lux pre-ASPH, 8 elements, etc..). Would be great to know if the M10M matches old lenses as well as the MM1 did.

Just now, shirubadanieru said:

@dkmoore thank you for sharing; just wondering if you have taken some shots using pre-ASPH lenses with the M10M? So far all examples Ive seen are with ASPH / APO lenses. The MM1 was the only MM I had but my favorite thing about it was how amazing it looked with old vintage lens (lux pre-ASPH, 8 elements, etc..). Would be great to know if the M10M matches old lenses as well as the MM1 did.

Hello there, unfortunately I do not have any vintage lenses at the moment. My unsubstantiated thought is that the images will look very similar on both cameras. 

Just comparing images taken with both cameras I don't know that I see a huge difference between the two. My guess is that the boost in MP change that in any significant way.

Someone in the SL2 thread posted a picture with that 47mp sensor and vintage glass and the IQ was fantastic. (check out the SL2 image thread)

Sprayer on Duty

M10M + 24 Summilux

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb dkmoore:

As an aside, It was 24 degrees F ...

How much is that in real degrees?

Ugh, nevermind ... I just found out myself. It's -4 °C (if I'm not mistaken ... never really sure about those degrees Funnygrade).

Edited by 01af
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FrozenInTime said:

Leica should really release cameras in the spring, when there is a bit more sparkle in the light ... anyone in NZ got one yet.

Not that I know of.  I was in Sydney yesterday, and happened on the Leica store (honestly).  They had one M10-M, and it had gone already (Gordon?).  Photo & Video don’t have one.  Progear might ...

Edited by IkarusJohn

2 hours ago, FrozenInTime said:

Leica should really release cameras in the spring, when there is a bit more sparkle in the light ... anyone in NZ got one yet.

I don’t know.  I remember those amazing sample photos Leica published from the previous model; taken in Iceland in Winter (I think).  Can’t remember the photographer, but they were superb.  Leica doesn’t always (maybe rarely) have good samples but in that case they were stunning.

Edited by Simon
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Simon said:

I don’t know.  I remember those amazing sample photos Leica published from the previous model; taken in Iceland in Winter (I think).  Can’t remember the photographer, but they were superb.  Leica doesn’t always (maybe rarely) have good samples but in that case they were stunning.

Absolutely, Ragnar Axelsson has done volumes of superb work over the years with film M camera https://rax.is/faces-of-the-north/

https://www.leica-camera.blog/2019/11/13/icebreaker/

Edited by FrozenInTime
  • Like 3

I appreciate the images as I am a Leica MMI shooter,  and I’d like to compare them with my MMI photos.  I’m also curious to see how different the images are from my Sony shots after I do a B&W conversion shooting with my Sony A7RIII and Leica M lenses. Since this new Sensor is made by Sony, it will be interesting to compare.

• Thanks 1

• jaapv changed the title to Leica M10 Monochrom Images