Conversions, upgrades, modiefied ones

Advertisement (gone after registration)

hello

did conversions IIIc -> IIIf included upgrade of the shutter to the latest “f” version?

i have a 1949 IIIc/f BDST (actually only by some 100 upper sn than Willeica #485XXX shown in this thread that underwent the same conversion). 

thanks a lot!

Jiri

43 minutes ago, willeica said:

The numbered 7 O'Clock Hektor may have been added at the time of conversion to a IID. The serial number for the Hektor is from 1931 or 1932 whereas the camera seems to have been from 1930 originally. I have never seen a I Model A with a numbered lens. I have shown previously a converted to 7 O'Clock lens from a I Model A and that one had no serial number. I could be wrong and there are always exceptions, of course, but I am just following the numbers.

William

I think you are right, William. I should have better checked.

• Thanks 1

My 1943 IIIc/f BD.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Doug A
  • Like 4

1932 Leica III with simple but invaluable addition of the rangefinder adjustable diopter

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 4 Stunden schrieb willeica:

The numbered 7 O'Clock Hektor may have been added at the time of conversion to a IID. The serial number for the Hektor is from 1931 or 1932 whereas the camera seems to have been from 1930 originally. I have never seen a I Model A with a numbered lens. I have shown previously a converted to 7 O'Clock lens from a I Model A and that one had no serial number. I could be wrong and there are always exceptions, of course, but I am just following the numbers.

William

this is correct William. 39488 was IA with Elmar according to Band I. Lenses had no number at this time. When this Hektor was "born" it had pretty sure 11 oclock mount and most probably with infinity lock. Conversion to 7 oclock was between 1932 and 1935 /unless DOF has not been replaced during conversion).

• Thanks 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb jiri-c:

hello

did conversions IIIc -> IIIf included upgrade of the shutter to the latest “f” version?

i have a 1949 IIIc/f BDST (actually only by some 100 upper sn than Willeica #485XXX shown in this thread that underwent the same conversion). 

thanks a lot!

Jiri

maybe on special order, regular conversions kept the old speeds and thus shutter

Gerade eben schrieb jerzy:

• Thanks 1

my first leica film camera is a modified dual stroke M3. It has been converted to single stroke...

• Like 3

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Ambro51:

Are there any IIId conversions?

if you mean IIId sync (IIId/f) - yes. I saw 5 samples, conversions done in the same wa as IIIc wartime (small plate with flash contact numbers screwed).

If you mean conversion IIIc to IIId - possibly, I saw 3 samples with features like authentic IIId but serial numbers oustide of known numbers

And to complete - I saw as well 2 wartime IIIc with self-timer, SN outside of IIId batch and ST lever from IIIf

More details in the last Vidom (June 2020)

• Like 1