M10- FW Requests/Bug Reports

digitalfx

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Menu screen shows center weighted metering when the camera is set to spot or multi ...?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I would love to be able to disable "unwanted" frame lines. Since they are LEDs I don't see why this wouldn't be possible. Namely I'd like to get rid of 75 and 135 frames.

They are not electronic frame lines. They are mechanical masks and are only lit by led light instead of natural light through a window. At present you cannot disable frame lines.

They are not electronic frame lines. They are mechanical masks and are only lit by led light instead of natural light through a window. At present you cannot disable frame lines.

Ah. Well shucks I had no idea. Didn't realize they still had the mask! In that case, since it is possible for one to get film Ms modified to mask various frame lines out would it theoretically be possible then on the M10?

Should be - for a price. And semi-permanently (camera would have to go back to Leica again to have them restored - at least if you ever wanted to sell your M10 in the future to me, since I use 75 and 135 lenses extensively ;) ).

Inquire at Leica USA (Allendale, NJ). Definitely a hardware change, not software. http://us.leica-camera.com/Contact?country=18135&category%5B%5D=Photography

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps the setting where the minimal shutterspeed is 1/(2*mm) or 1/(4*mm)? E.g. a 35mm lens could have a minimal shutter of 1/140 which would become a 1/180.

No, I set auto iso at 6400 & speed Min 1/125.

Refer 2 pics below, why camera set iso 800 speed 1/180 and why not set 500& 1/125

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

No, I set auto iso at 6400 & speed Min 1/125.

Refer 2 pics below, why camera set iso 800 speed 1/180 and why not set 500& 1/125

Could it be that 1/125s resp 1/180s is just within tolerance given that this represents less than half a LV (light value).

Ah. Well shucks I had no idea. Didn't realize they still had the mask! In that case, since it is possible for one to get film Ms modified to mask various frame lines out would it theoretically be possible then on the M10?

With lens coding now, it really is about time Leica worked out a system that only shows the frameline for the lens in use... I've always felt that the double sets of framelines are clutter - completely at odds with the simplicity of the M in general - there's no other clutter in the design, operation or menus of the M10.

Edited by PCPix
  • Like 1

On several M10s manufactured in January 2018, there is a glitch in Playback mode that affects how exposure compensation settings are reported; no matter the amount of compensation set for any image, either in regular Rangefinder capture or in Live View, it gets reported in Playback as negative 3. On the other hand, the same images have any set amount of compensation correctly reported by Lightroom once they've been imported there from the camera. So, it seems the exposure compensation function works, but it's report in Playback doesn't. Anybody have any ideas what's going on here?

• Like 1

This is not unique to Jan 2018 cameras. Been around for a long time and probably a firmware bug (my guess).

On several M10s manufactured in January 2018, there is a glitch in Playback mode that affects how exposure compensation settings are reported; no matter the amount of compensation set for any image, either in regular Rangefinder capture or in Live View, it gets reported in Playback as negative 3. On the other hand, the same images have any set amount of compensation correctly reported by Lightroom once they've been imported there from the camera. So, it seems the exposure compensation function works, but it's report in Playback doesn't. Anybody have any ideas what's going on here?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but would be useful to see the return of an RGB histogram on the M10, to ensure no individual channels are clipped.

Don’t know what’s happening with this thread, an M10 F/W update is long overdue if you ask me...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...