New Special Edition: The Leica M10-P "Reporter" in Kevlar Cover

Leon_B.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, LeicaS2 said:

I have wanted an M10 for awhile. I don’t want an M10R. I like this model a lot and it will be a user, not on a shelf.

In the words of Josh at Leica Miami, don’t buy something thinking it will increase in value, use it.

I agree, this camera is begging to be used, and hard. Go for it!

2 hours ago, RexGig0 said:

I am thinking that a working reporter/PJ would be using a moderate-resolution camera.

2 hours ago, RexGig0 said:

Said with respect. I am not meaning to be argumentative. 🙂

No argument taken at all. I agree that most pj's have no need for ultra high resolution cameras. But if we are being honest with ourselves, although its a wonderful homage to the profession, Leica's intended market for this camera is not the working photojournalist.

I have admired this camera since we got the sneak preview at the LOBA awards ceremony. Speaking strictly for myself as a current M10P owner though, I had hoped Leica would surprise us with a little something extra "under the hood". After all they already broke tradition with the M10 R, Why not push the envelope?

• Thanks 1

...I have admired this camera since we got the sneak preview at the LOBA awards ceremony...

It is a beautiful camera.  Leica has released some limited editions that have been quite forgettable, but this one hits the mark. 

The Monochrom 246 Stealth Edition was another beauty as was the LHSA Hammertone Anniversary Set from many years ago.

I missed the boat on the Monochrom 246 Stealth Edition, but my M10 Mono with 28mm black Elmarit is a reasonable substitute.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WvE said:

Haven't gone over all the specs but curious to know if apart from the outside, they've also hardened up the inside? Better weather sealing, shock proof etc, even more suited for heavy duty use?

lol you serious 🧐 

if Leica did that it would cost 20 - 30k 

• Haha 2

I was also surprised it didn't come with a matching lens.  Would have thought the 35mm Summicron ideal.  Paint colour looks similar to the Safari but difficult to tell from the photos.

I agree with @Herr Barnack one of the better limited editions and reasonably priced in comparison to others, e.g. Ghost edition for Hodinkee, but my camera buying fund currently has a zero balance after the Q2M.

• Thanks 1

I am not typically attracted to high fashion special editions nor high fashion price tags, but I must admit this kevlar/green M10-P "Reporter" looks cool, cool, cool to me. Even the camera strap looks like something I would actually use. The idea that the kevlar through exposure to light, will eventually turn green as the body paint, is well...pretty damn cool too Ha Ha. 

For me, just virtual window shopping since I am perfectly fine with my M10, but I bet all 450 units will get snapped up pretty quickly. 

• Like 2

On 1/21/2021 at 11:10 AM, farnz said:

I'm a little surprised that Leica didn't also offer a matching 'Reporter' lens (unless I've missed it in the advertising puff).  With a camera body that's intended to become more 'stealthy' as it ages then I'd assume that the degree of 'stealthiness' would be undermined by a black or silver lens that doesn't match the aged camera body.

+1

We want a 35/2 Reporter edition! 

• Like 1

I wonder if this "scratch-resistant" finish is powder coated rather than paint.  

I've been surprised by the rapidity of brassing on my M10P Safari edition.  It still looks good to my eye but it is definitely not scratch-resistant, or an even very durable finish.

vor 57 Minuten schrieb KFo:

... I've been surprised by the rapidity of brassing on my M10P Safari edition.  It still looks good to my eye but it is definitely not scratch-resistant, or an even very durable finish.

Thanks for your note. Then I'll treat my green Leica items more carefully.