New Special Edition: The Leica M10-P "Reporter" in Kevlar Cover

Leon_B.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, martinot said:

Love the design and colours! Even more so than Safari (which is a favorite of mine). I think Leica really nailed this one in the design!

But too old technology for this price. If i was R instead of P it would be more tempting (even if I prefer to wait for the M11).

It is a question mark in my mind too why Leica didn't use the M10-R sensor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, FrozenInTime said:

Clearing out the last 450 units of the old stock of M10 sensors.

I wonder what the M10-RP will bring to the table.

Somehow I have it in my mind  Leica will maintain a 24MP M10 model as opposed to End of Life for the 24MP chip. Most camera systems maintain both 24MP and high resolution FF models--pure speculation on my part of course.

Has Leica ever doubled up on their M variant models before ?  E.g., your idea about M10-R and P, M10-RP. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This arrived today.

Very cool in person, but challenging to take an accurate color photo of it as the hue changes depending on the temperature of the light source.

The Kevlar has yet to be tested as I will see if it is bulletproof after I use it for photography.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, LeicaS2 said:

This arrived today.

Very cool in person, but challenging to take an accurate color photo of it as the hue changes depending on the temperature of the light source.

The Kevlar has yet to be tested as I will see if it is bulletproof after I use it for photography.

Man I'm happy for you, its very beautiful a I think its totally usable - good move. Now I want one...

2 hours ago, M10Alpine said:

Is it fake kevlar?

I don’t trust anything Leica claims, nothing, they sold me a SL2 with eye detection AF and 4K video and it does neither, don’t be naive Leica is just another blood sucking corporate venture, LEICA LIED BIG TIME ABOUT THE SL2 

the l mount is pretty much dead 

Edited by hillavoider
  • Haha 2

Bulletproof Indeed!

Turns out that none of these bullets was able to penetrate the Kelvar. Does that prove the Kelvar is real?

(LBJ2, what I should have stated on the challenges of photographing the hue accurately, is mixed lighting made it difficult. I took a shot where the main light was tungsten, but there was a bit of light coming from a far off window that was picked up by the Kelvar making the texture of the Kelvar a bit of a blue tint while the body was the correct color. That photo was not posted.)

Edited by LeicaS2
color adjustment
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

I actually I have a few real flak jackets or wests and they are all with ceramic plates. One of them has a very cool oneliner on the plate: "The Round Stops Here" - I always think of that when I where it. Still kevlar sound cool, but really totally useless and I have been hit in the west through a car front windshield and the impact is massive. 

Edited by M10Alpine
  • Haha 1

Don't understand the hoopla. Kevlar material is about #30-50 per meter run and the camera only needs a fraction of this to skin. It will never afford the protection of a ballistic vest. If the camera gets shot, there will be for sure, serious damage.

I personally would prefer a camera made of 'mithril', 'vibranium' or 'beskar'.

Edited by rramesh
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, rramesh said:

You'd need to go to Middle Earth, Wakanda, or Mandalore to get these materials.  

On the plus side, once you obtain these materials you could have a camera that's lighter than air, the size of a finger ring, has infinite shutter speed and ISO, and is controlled mentally. ^_^  (Count me in!)

Pete.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, rramesh said:

Don't understand the hoopla. Kevlar material is about #30-50 per meter run and the camera only needs a fraction of this to skin. It will never afford the protection of a ballistic vest. If the camera gets shot, there will be for sure, serious damage.

Those are good materials. But the price will be too high, even for Leica😝

I'd call this vanity, but I didn't as much as dust off the cameras or clean the kiddie crumbs from the table. Overall, I'm smitten. 

• Like 6

On 1/24/2021 at 10:41 PM, rramesh said:

This Is The Way