M10- FW Requests/Bug Reports

digitalfx

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has this ever happened to anyone?:

Focusing the patch on intended subject, and then the patch “shifts” to some arbitrary place in the frame?  It’s happened twice (two separate shoots), and I’ve tried to duplicate the problem to get professional help, but no dice. Hoping maybe it’s happened I someone can see what the outcomes were. Hard for me to explain, so I drew a sketch. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Just now, jdlaing said:

Does the patch shift when you touch or move the focus ring?

I “think” so. One minute I’m happily focusing on the face, then I blink and next thing I know I’m looking at their knees or a table or something. 

9 minutes ago, jdlaing said:

Okay. Do you have another lens to try? If not, remove and remount the lens without pressing the lens release button on remount and let the lens click into place.

When it happened the first time, I was interchanging between three lenses:  35mm Summilux, 50mm Summicron, and 21mm f/2.8. Second time it happened with just one lens:  35mm Summilux.  

I am not with my Leica right now since it’s proving untrustworthy. But when I get home I’ll play around some more. When I tried to duplicate it yesterday I just tried to focus with one lens. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hmm. And since it happened after I either changed lens or put a new lens on, that’s not far off thinking. I’ll keep it in mind. The lenses are older as well, so may not produce the “click,” and I might have rushed in changing the lens. 

I’ll be on the lookout. Thanks for your responses. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, JazzyMac said:
Hmm. And since it happened after I either changed lens or put a new lens on, that’s not far off thinking. I’ll keep it in mind. The lenses are older as well, so may not produce the “click,” and I might have rushed in changing the lens. 

I’ll be on the lookout. Thanks for your responses. 

Thank you

It can become a habit to inadvertently hold the lens release button down while attaching the lens. Generally if you mount the lens until it stops and wiggle it just a little it may click into place. I’d say if that issue continues take it to a Leica store if possible.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

My request is to have a "AUTO / MINIMUM SHUTTER SPEED" While in auto mode. When "AUTO" is selected the shutter speed is adjusted normally to achieve correct exposure. This is how the M10 functions currently.

When "MINIMUM SHUTTER SPEED" is selected the user has to select a minimum shutter speed (for eg: 1/90, 1/125, 1/250 etc.). This will ensure that the image taken will be sharp, even though it may be under-exposed or not. 

The purpose of this is when the M is used for one example: street photography. One may not necessarily use the viewfinder to see if the correct exposure is achieved. Because of this, they shoot in auto mode in conjuction with zone or hyperfocal focusing. There are times when the user may not want to put the camera to their eye, but may want keep it by their hip or hanging on the strap and take a picture this way. Having a minimum shutter speed as an option in the menu will ensure that the image taken will remain sharp.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:12 PM, jdlaing said:

Does the patch shift when you touch or move the focus ring?

On 5/15/2019 at 11:03 PM, JazzyMac said:

Has this ever happened to anyone?:

Focusing the patch on intended subject, and then the patch “shifts” to some arbitrary place in the frame?  It’s happened twice (two separate shoots), and I’ve tried to duplicate the problem to get professional help, but no dice. Hoping maybe it’s happened I someone can see what the outcomes were. Hard for me to explain, so I drew a sketch. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I recognize the phenomenon in the same place. My Q2 has the same oddity. With the M8, M9-P and M240 I do not have this experience. Like the Q2, the M10 has a touch-sensitive screen. I use my left eye and thought that my nose touched the screen on that place and thus shifted the focus point. But the switch from screen to EVF is faster than my nose touches the screen. My left thumb seems to be the culprit. After changing a setting via the screen and bringing the camera to the eye, I hold the camera with both hands before moving my left hand to the lens ring. After Menu-Focusing-TouchAf-Off I have not seen a focus point shift anymore

• 2 weeks later...

My request for M10-D when connects to Leica Foto App - the camera will not turn itself off after user exit the App and therefore drains the battery completely.  The camera should sense the WiFi connection is cut and within a set time to force the camera into sleep or power down.

Edited by kaisernchen

• jaapv unpinned this topic
On 6/25/2019 at 7:44 PM, kaisernchen said:

My request for M10-D when connects to Leica Foto App - the camera will not turn itself off after user exit the App and therefore drains the battery completely.  The camera should sense the WiFi connection is cut and within a set time to force the camera into sleep or power down.

What Auto Power Off setting did you have set (through Fotos)?  The default is 10 mins, but you can also set 2 mins or "OFF" in which case it doesn't shut down. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2018 at 6:09 PM, Patrick1955 said:

My M10 (bought in May 2018) freezes up and displays SD in the viewfinder - nothing works. I have tried with new SD cards (7 in total) at the Leica Store in Rome - all with the same effect.  I had the camera returned for repairs but Leica couldn't find the problem and returned it to me after a month saying they had done a comprehensive inspection and the camera was fine.  Within 3 minutes of receiving the "repaired" M10 in the Leica store in Rome the problem was again evident - Leica staff observed my every move and confirmed the camera was dead.  It has now been returned again to Leica a second time for repairs under warranty.  Am I the proud owner of an expensive paperweight and a certificate from Leica Customer Care asserting that the camera works.  Has anyone else had such an experience with SD cards, or with such a failure of Leica Customer Care repairs.

Same problem as mine, but different in how long the repaired camera was returned. Mine took 4 months and it came back with broken touch screen function. So, contact my local dealer and I got the new camera exchange just today. It took struggling 7 months to repair and exchange my M10-P. What a premium product!

4 hours ago, kArthie said:

Same problem as mine, but different in how long the repaired camera was returned. Mine took 4 months and it came back with broken touch screen function. So, contact my local dealer and I got the new camera exchange just today. It took struggling 7 months to repair and exchange my M10-P. What a premium product!

Sorry to hear you had an even worse time than I did kArthie - I eventually got mine back (a total of 2 months under Leica repairs - the day before I left Rome) and the fault was a cracked circuit board that failed when the heat of being powered-on caused the crack to expand.  Leica Rome were wonderful, and incredibly annoyed that Leica Wetzlar was so arrogant as to not accept the problem as reported by them.  The good news is that once repaired it has been perfect and a delight to have it once again. I do think Leica Customer Care Wetzlar has a problem w.r.t. "unusual" faults, assuming the user is at fault, and this is not helped by the remoteness they maintain by dealing with customers only through their country agents (mine was in Milan).  Leica Customer Care left a bad taste in my mouth, but the M10 makes up for that displeasure every day when I sling it over my shoulder.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2