M10- FW Requests/Bug Reports

digitalfx

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously Leica has forgotten, that they released a M10 in 2017. I miss aperture values in the EXIFs and other more new features. Whilst firmware of the SL seems to be updated monthly, M10 users have to stay in a dark cellar with their beloved camera.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My M10 has developed a freezing issue. I've tried different batteries, several SD cards (including the one that has been in the camera since November). I've used SD Card Formatter on a brand new SanDisk 64 card, still freezes. Removing the battery resets, but problem occurs almost with every use. Any thoughts?

When the M10 was new on the market around Feb. 2017 there were lots of experiences with freezing due to incompatibilities of certain SD-Cards. Since Firmware 1.9.4.0 I never had a freezing again, and they are not often reported here.

So if you use Firmware 1.9.4.0 or newer and have the same experience with different SD-Cards my recommendation was to let Customer Care look after the problem.   

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My M10 has developed a freezing issue. I've tried different batteries, several SD cards (including the one that has been in the camera since November). I've used SD Card Formatter on a brand new SanDisk 64 card, still freezes. Removing the battery resets, but problem occurs almost with every use. Any thoughts?

Have you formatted the card in camera?

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded to 2.5.4.0 and found one bug...

When using Live View, either with the Visoflex or rear LCD screen and in either multi-zone or center-weighted metering mode (didn't try spot) the camera seems to be determining the exposure correctly (in A mode or as indicated by the little bars on the display, but the indicator in the EVF always shows the blinking triangle pointing to the right, as if it needs more exposure.  In A mode, it shows the shutter speed but ALSO shows that blinking triangle.

Not preventing me from using the camera, since I usually use Live View with the Visoflex and the EVF display seems OK when Live View is off, but definitely a bug.

Can someone else try this and confirm?

Can someone else try this ...?

Sure ...

... and confirm?

No. The LED arrows in the optical viewfinder match the exposure indicator in the Visoflex just perfectly, no matter if the exposure is under, over, or spot-on.

Upgraded to 2.5.4.0 and found one bug ...

Wait ... what!? Maybe you should downgrade to 2.4.5.0 ... :D

Edited by 01af

Upgraded to 2.5.4.0 and found one bug...

When using Live View, either with the Visoflex or rear LCD screen and in either multi-zone or center-weighted metering mode (didn't try spot) the camera seems to be determining the exposure correctly (in A mode or as indicated by the little bars on the display, but the indicator in the EVF always shows the blinking triangle pointing to the right, as if it needs more exposure.  In A mode, it shows the shutter speed but ALSO shows that blinking triangle.

Not preventing me from using the camera, since I usually use Live View with the Visoflex and the EVF display seems OK when Live View is off, but definitely a bug.

Can someone else try this and confirm?

I have tried, but I cannot confirm.

Hmmm... something strange. In A mode the display of the shutter speed is there but if I pan around from light to dark area causing the shutter speed to go from 1/2000 to slower speeds the right facing triangle between the 2 and the adjacent 0 sometimes flashes.

Seems like some kind of intermittent issue. :-(

No. Holding the shutter half-way locks the exposure so the little dot comes on and the shutter speed does not change.

Only seemed to do it in Live View, but it’s intermittent and have not figured out how to reliably reproduce at this point.

• Like 1

Hmm - which MAM, with or without goggles? What is the coding pattern (I see pictures of MAM's with the same code as a 90Ma (100111) but La Vida Leica says the discreet code for the MAM is (or was, originally) 101000.

The MAMs do bring up 90/28 framelines, of course, and so do the 21's. And the 21mm ASPH Elmarit's code is the B&W-reverse of the 90Ma (011000). Yeah, could be a typo in the 6-bit database.

Not sure if this has been brought up or not. If it's possible to add frame line masking through a menu option that would be huge.  Specifically the 50 / 75 frame lines.  As someone who never uses a 75, being able to go into the menu to turn that off would be tremendous.

Hmm - which MAM, with or without goggles? What is the coding pattern (I see pictures of MAM's with the same code as a 90Ma (100111) but La Vida Leica says the discreet code for the MAM is (or was, originally) 101000.

The MAMs do bring up 90/28 framelines, of course, and so do the 21's. And the 21mm ASPH Elmarit's code is the B&W-reverse of the 90Ma (011000). Yeah, could be a typo in the 6-bit database.

It’s the new one without goggles. Odd, as it used to give the correct information with previous FW. I’ve not checked with my second body, but would be surprised if it was an issue with the 6bit reader as all other lenses are recognised.

Not sure if this has been brought up or not. If it's possible to add frame line masking through a menu option that would be huge.  Specifically the 50 / 75 frame lines.  As someone who never uses a 75, being able to go into the menu to turn that off would be tremendous.

Not through firmware - not yet. The 50/75 lines  not computer graphics - they are actual slits cut in one thin sheet of metal (along with all the other lines) - you can't "turn off" just one. They are backlit by an LED, but not generated by LEDs/LCDs.