Jump to content

Q3 Bug Reports / Freezes


Recommended Posts

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Got my first freeze.  Firmware 1.1.0.  Got stuck on the "auto power off" screen.  Was a full battery, went down to 60%.  Camera was warm to the touch.  Only fix was a battery pull.  I submitted a bug report to leica at info@leica-camera.com (if there is a better way to submit a report, please let me know).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that's concerning, it could be one-off issue, let's hope. I recently updated the firmware on my Fuji GF 100S and it was buggy, Fuji pulled it and promisies a fix by 5/31. I've pre-ordered the Q3 so I'm watching and hoping it doesn't get M11 disease.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a freeze on my Q3 today after plugging it into my Macbook using a USBC cable. The camera was unresponsive to any buttons/switches, and did not power off with the power switch. I had to pull the battery. I recorded a video of it’s lack of response to the power switch, and reported to Leica using the Customer Service option in the Leica Fotos app (which basically creates an email with details of your camera, app etc). I’ve had very good responses from Leica in the last few days using this method which is really encouraging.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, nameBrandon said:

I saw a freeze today where I powered the camera off, tried to turn it on again quickly, and it wouldn’t power on again. I pulled the battery and then all was normal. But there are definitely some power-on/off gremlins at work here.

Are you using a Q2 battery by chance?

Link to post
Share on other sites

During the test phase we never encountered any freezing (or have I forgotten?). I suppose that this is generally good news. It might be that during your own testing now you do the most amazing things that you will not do in real life anymore. And we have to "accept" somehow in our days that software is very complex and many unexpected situations might occur. I am confident that Leica will fix whatever there is to be fixed. But I assume that I am not the typical user. I have an M11 and had maybe 2 to 3 freezes within 16 months by now. I would not have got aware of the freezing phenomenon if I had not read it here 😇

Edited by M11 for me
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, M11 for me said:

During the test phase we never encountered any freezing (or have I forgotten?). I suppose that this is generally good news. It might be that during your own testing now you do the most amazing things that you will not do in real life anymore. And we have to "accept" somehow in our days that software is very complex and many unexpected situations might occur. I am confident that Leica will fix whatever there is to be fixed. But I assume that I am not the typical user. I have an M11 and had maybe 2 to 3 freezes within 16 months by now. I would not have got aware of the freezing phenomenon if I had not read it here 😇

Dear Leica, please see: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CI/CD 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to wait until all the bugs are sorted out as their is a section in this forum, Q3 Bugs and Freezes, where people are finding the same problems as the M11 . My Q2 which i have had since may 2019 has never had a freeze or lockup I am concerned that what ever piece of technology used in the M11, sensor or chipset is displaying the same problems in the Q3. As Leica only recently gave us new firmware for the Q2 , I was shocked to see the Q3 released so soon after. Where are all the results from the Beta testers .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Firmware 1.1.0

when you check your foto’s through the EVF and turn the thumbwheel to enlarge and then take you eye from the EVF and look at the backside LCD the foto looks flat and widened, unnatural, especially with faces. Also the other way around. When you take a picture and look at the backside LCD everything is fine, but again when you enlarge the picture by turning the thumbwheel and you look through the EVF the picture looks thin and long, unnatural, and again especially faces. Hopefully this is a firmware matter and this can be corrected. 

Greetings,

Klassika.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, matt736 said:

I'm going to wait until all the bugs are sorted out as their is a section in this forum, Q3 Bugs and Freezes, where people are finding the same problems as the M11 . My Q2 which i have had since may 2019 has never had a freeze or lockup I am concerned that what ever piece of technology used in the M11, sensor or chipset is displaying the same problems in the Q3. As Leica only recently gave us new firmware for the Q2 , I was shocked to see the Q3 released so soon after. Where are all the results from the Beta testers .

I think you're in that section of the forum already!

In which I can see 3 reports of freezes. Glass half-full or glass half-empty. YMMV.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Klassika said:

Firmware 1.1.0

when you check your foto’s through the EVF and turn the thumbwheel to enlarge and then take you eye from the EVF and look at the backside LCD the foto looks flat and widened, unnatural, especially with faces. Also the other way around. When you take a picture and look at the backside LCD everything is fine, but again when you enlarge the picture by turning the thumbwheel and you look through the EVF the picture looks thin and long, unnatural, and again especially faces. Hopefully this is a firmware matter and this can be corrected. 

Greetings,

Klassika.

Thanks much for telling us Klassika. Earlier in this thread Tobers reported his Q3 bug to Leica using the Leica Fotos App. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

   9 hours ago,  matt736 said: 

I'm going to wait until all the bugs are sorted out as their is a section in this forum, Q3 Bugs and Freezes, where people are finding the same problems as the M11 . My Q2 which i have had since may 2019 has never had a freeze or lockup I am concerned that what ever piece of technology used in the M11, sensor or chipset is displaying the same problems in the Q3. As Leica only recently gave us new firmware for the Q2 , I was shocked to see the Q3 released so soon after. Where are all the results from the Beta testers .

I think you're in that section of the forum already!

In which I can see 3 reports of freezes. Glass half-full or glass half-empty. YMMV

Sorry Paul I was going to post it in another section.

Lets hope it stays at 3 reports , it not even been out a week yet.!

 

 



 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2023 at 1:48 PM, lifeandmylens said:

Got my first freeze.  Firmware 1.1.0.  Got stuck on the "auto power off" screen.  Was a full battery, went down to 60%.  Camera was warm to the touch.  Only fix was a battery pull.  I submitted a bug report to leica at info@leica-camera.com (if there is a better way to submit a report, please let me know).

 

 

I have seen this same issue multiple times already with my Q3

Edited by bikepic
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2023 at 12:20 PM, Klassika said:

Firmware 1.1.0

when you check your foto’s through the EVF and turn the thumbwheel to enlarge and then take you eye from the EVF and look at the backside LCD the foto looks flat and widened, unnatural, especially with faces. Also the other way around. When you take a picture and look at the backside LCD everything is fine, but again when you enlarge the picture by turning the thumbwheel and you look through the EVF the picture looks thin and long, unnatural, and again especially faces. Hopefully this is a firmware matter and this can be corrected. 

Greetings,

Klassika.

I got a mail from Leica customer care that they can reproduce this matter and they are looking for a solution. Strange that nobody else reported this, maybe because there are not so many Q3’s out there. I hope they find a solution, the Q3 is a fantastic camera.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Klassika said:

I got a mail from Leica customer care that they can reproduce this matter and they are looking for a solution. Strange that nobody else reported this, maybe because there are not so many Q3’s out there. I hope they find a solution, the Q3 is a fantastic camera.

Good job Klassika!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...