What's in your Leica M10 camera bag?

LBJ2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is my typical daily working bag. Unfortunately it gets heavy fast with the fast lenses and often I will swap out the 35 and 90 for a 35 Summicron and 90 Tele-Elmarit depending on the job. When I'm traveling for work I usually use a cheap and very light Walmart rucksack with some small Think Tank inserts instead of the Domke bag. When traveling the 35 stays home and the Tele-Elmarit is swapped out for the 90 Summicron. This is all about saving weight as much as possible.

For my personal work I like to shoot in BW and for that I just carry an M8.2 with a 35 Summicron and an extra battery in my pocket.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Update! Since the inception of this thread...we have been graced with the 40.89 M10-R to sit alongside the M10-M. So now I ask , What's in your Leica M10-P/D/M/"R" camera bag? Even better, some of you are rocking both the M10-M and M10-R. I cordially invite both R early adopters and quintesential M10-M/R owners to show off their new R or M/R kits and bags with motivational kit photos please 😎

On 5/4/2020 at 9:09 AM, shirubadanieru said:

Great pictures everyone! Will try to shoot one of my gear once I get my lens back from CLA. Here’s my kit:

• No bag (always carry one of the below cameras on my hand or shoulder)
  • M4 with Summicron 35mm 8 elements
  • M10M with W-Nikkor 3.5cm f1.8 

I am also trying to pick only two 50mm to keep and use on both bodies, and I’m torn between the 4 below in case anyone has suggestions hehe

• Summicron Collapsible
  • Summicron V3 @PCPix I see you have one, how do you like it :)
  • Summicron Rigid
  • Elmar f3.5 red scale

Collapsible Summicron never impressed me.  V3 and Rigid are indistinguishable in my tests.  V3 slightly better at 2.0, flatter field and large circle of sharpness.  I use both which are clean and clear.  

Can’t better a red scale for small size.  But hard to adjust f stop and shade difficult to find however it looks beautiful on the lens.  5.6 for best results 

• 6 months later...

This Pandemic has been costly.

I needed an ultra wide lens for indoor architecture shots. Wider than my 24mm S can achieve. So I got a 12mm M based lens first. But then I needed either an M camera or an SL to mount it. The M10M had just been announced and I had desired a mono camera for years. Once having the mono I needed more lenses, right? I got a 21 and a 50. That’s all I needed for months, and I didn’t want a bag. Just carry the camera and an extra lens in a pocket right? The pandemic dragged on and I watched RedDotForum videos on all things Leica. The program on analog M cameras reminded me of shooting the M6 twenty years ago. So I put in an order for an MP. Then they did a program on M telephotos and I ordered a 90mm macro Elmar.  My turnaround time on color film developing was too slow, so when the M10 reporter was announced, I got that too. Then, that used, no longer made 24mm was a perfect and compact lens.

Instead of spending money on travel during a pandemic, I went to Miami virtually, I mean LeicaStoreMiami. They had a show on bags. I got the now discontinued ONA shown in the picture. Not to carry all this stuff, but merely to store it in one place. I still like the one camera and a spare lens when I am out.

The  pandemic is not over, but I have had my two shots. I suspect LeicaStoreMiami will experience a dry spell. Now I will be taking a different kind of shots.

Jack

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, LeicaS2 said:

This Pandemic has been costly.

I needed an ultra wide lens for indoor architecture shots. Wider than my 24mm S can achieve. So I got a 12mm M based lens first. But then I needed either an M camera or an SL to mount it. The M10M had just been announced and I had desired a mono camera for years. Once having the mono I needed more lenses, right? I got a 21 and a 50. That’s all I needed for months, and I didn’t want a bag. Just carry the camera and an extra lens in a pocket right? The pandemic dragged on and I watched RedDotForum videos on all things Leica. The program on analog M cameras reminded me of shooting the M6 twenty years ago. So I put in an order for an MP. Then they did a program on M telephotos and I ordered a 90mm macro Elmar.  My turnaround time on color film developing was too slow, so when the M10 reporter was announced, I got that too. Then, that used, no longer made 24mm was a perfect and compact lens.

Instead of spending money on travel during a pandemic, I went to Miami virtually, I mean LeicaStoreMiami. They had a show on bags. I got the now discontinued ONA shown in the picture. Not to carry all this stuff, but merely to store it in one place. I still like the one camera and a spare lens when I am out.

The  pandemic is not over, but I have had my two shots. I suspect LeicaStoreMiami will experience a dry spell. Now I will be taking a different kind of shots.

Jack

What brand of black wrist straps are you using? I like the design. 

LBJ2,

the wrist straps are handmade by the appropriately  famous Harry Benz in Toronto.

https://www.harrybenz.com/shop/la-cravate-1

They come in three sizes and two colors, plus pin stripes. I can assure you they are excellent. I have one more on order. But you need to be patient for made to order work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A less expensive wrist option, with greater security against drops, is the Peak Design Cuff. See short video..

https://www.peakdesign.com/products/cuff

The anchor attachments allow for quick exchange with other PD straps.  I ordered the PD Leash for my SL2 while I was waiting for my Harry Benz Brogue strap.  I ended up keeping the PD and selling the HB strap.

Jeff

I use a hard case (18 x 13 x 6.5 inches) to store and transport my Leica M kit consisting of:

M6 Body
M10 Half-Case (the M10 body was not available for photo)
35mm f/1.4 Zeiss Distagon (49mm filter size)
90mm f/2 Summicron
21mm f/1.4 Summilux

The following extra items not shown in photo:
Contax 21mm accessory viewfinder for 21mm lens
Vivitar orange filter (52mm)
Hoya R72 720nm infrared filter (52mm)
49-52mm step up ring for 52mm filters on 35mm lens
Plus 3 Close-up lens (49mm)
Neutral Density filter (49mm)
ExpoDisc custom white balance tool (49mm)
Polarizing filter (49mm) for 35mm lens
Polarizing filter (Series 😎 for 21mm lens
Extra 64GB SanDisk SDXC memory card
Extra roll of 35mm film
Extra battery for M10
Battery charger for M10

• Like 2

Am 23.5.2020 um 05:32 schrieb Mikep996:

Well...this thread just cost me a bunch of money!  Well, OK, not all that much in serious Leica terms but it cost me money I didn't know I needed to spend! :wub:   I hadn't looked for/wanted/needed a new camera bag in at least 15 years.  But this dang thread got me looking and I fell for a Wotancraft Ryker (small) with several of their accessories.:blink:

I could save money if I quit hanging out here...:rolleyes:

I was thinking this morning looking at this threat , that some persons really got " inspired " from this thread and buying useful stuff during corona pandemic. What a good way to help the economy! My stock and bonds heightened with 25% since March 2020!! 

In the 2008 crisis our prime minister Rutte ( teflon Mark ) said to the people : " Buy that new car, help the economy! " 

Buy that Leica's ! Help the economy!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Narsuitus said:

I use a hard case (18 x 13 x 6.5 inches) to store and transport my Leica M kit consisting of:

M6 Body
M10 Half-Case (the M10 body was not available for photo)
35mm f/1.4 Zeiss Distagon (49mm filter size)
90mm f/2 Summicron
21mm f/1.4 Summilux

The following extra items not shown in photo:
Contax 21mm accessory viewfinder for 21mm lens
Vivitar orange filter (52mm)
Hoya R72 720nm infrared filter (52mm)
49-52mm step up ring for 52mm filters on 35mm lens
Plus 3 Close-up lens (49mm)
Neutral Density filter (49mm)
ExpoDisc custom white balance tool (49mm)
Polarizing filter (49mm) for 35mm lens
Polarizing filter (Series 😎 for 21mm lens
Extra 64GB SanDisk SDXC memory card
Extra roll of 35mm film
Extra battery for M10
Battery charger for M10

Looks very organized and well protected. 

14 hours ago, Jeff S said:

A less expensive wrist option, with greater security against drops, is the Peak Design Cuff. See short video..

https://www.peakdesign.com/products/cuff

The anchor attachments allow for quick exchange with other PD straps.  I ordered the PD Leash for my SL2 while I was waiting for my Harry Benz Brogue strap.  I ended up keeping the PD and selling the HB strap.

Jeff

I have the Cuff, but always worry about scratching the camera when carrying or stowing in a bag since I don't use a camera half case.  

8 minutes ago, LBJ2 said:

I have the Cuff, but always worry about scratching the camera when carrying or stowing in a bag since I don't use a camera half case.  

The benefit of the PD straps is that they come off in a second.  I don’t use a bag when shooting and never use a half case.  With M bodies I stick with stock straps; the PD is for my SL2, which hangs awkwardly with stock strap and big native lenses.  

Jeff

• Thanks 1