What's in your Leica M10 camera bag?

LBJ2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Normally I just run camera and whatever lens is on the camera but sometimes some options are wanted.  

When I use a bag it has been a PacSafe bag.  Its not a "camera bag."  It doesn't look like a camera bag either.  It looks like the generic kind of shoulder bag that the you see all around Europe.  It has anti-pickpocket/anti-theft features that I value as well

I also use/have a SeaToSummit dry bag that is in the PacSafe or in a pocket in case of heavy rain.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KFo said:

Normally I just run camera and whatever lens is on the camera but sometimes some options are wanted.  

When I use a bag it has been a PacSafe bag.  Its not a "camera bag."  It doesn't look like a camera bag either.  It looks like the generic kind of shoulder bag that the you see all around Europe.  It has anti-pickpocket/anti-theft features that I value as well

I also use/have a SeaToSummit dry bag that is in the PacSafe or in a pocket in case of heavy rain.

7 hours ago, KFo said:

How do you have the Peak Design strap connect to your M10? Do I see split ring with leather protector, plus PD anchor threaded through the split ring? 

2 hours ago, Artin said:

This is with me every day Bellingham Hadly Large Pro  Apple MacBook Pro 16 .. M10R.. 50mm VM 1.2-... 50 mm Summicron...35mm Summicron...28mm summicrhon..24mm Elmerat...90mm Elmar C...135mm Tele Elmar and 2 batteries ----- All this goes back and forth to my office every day 

I'm always looking to see what others are doing to accommodate business appropriate and photography bags in one. I landed on the Oberwerth William, but seems I will be moving up to one of the new M1 Max 16" MacBooks soon so not sure how that will fit in the OB William. I currently carry iPad Pro 12,9 or MacBook 15" 2018. the 15" is just in without over packing. 

2 hours ago, Artin said:

This is with me every day Bellingham Hadly Large Pro  Apple MacBook Pro 16 .. M10R.. 50mm VM 1.2-... 50 mm Summicron...35mm Summicron...28mm summicrhon..24mm Elmerat...90mm Elmar C...135mm Tele Elmar and 2 batteries ----- All this goes back and forth to my office every day 

You have broad shoulders!  Do you run into work? Or just ride a bicycle?

2 hours ago, LBJ2 said:

How do you have the Peak Design strap connect to your M10? Do I see split ring with leather protector, plus PD anchor threaded through the split ring? 

Yup.  The leather protector and split ring came with my rock and roll strap.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Am 24.5.2020 um 17:11 schrieb farnz:

Hi Paulus,

If/when you come over to the UK (after travel etc, has eased up) for your own safety please remember to leave the knife in your hotel room.  In case you didn't know, it's illegal to carry a knife with a blade of 3 inches or more in public (and that includes in a bag as well as in a pocket) and it carries a mandatory 4-year prison sentence.  

You can't even carry a folding multi-tool like a Victorinox or a Leatherman if it has a 3-inch blade. 

The police here don't ask questions, they just arrest the person because there have been so many stabbing deaths in the London and other cities over the past few years.

Pete.

Just to add something : https://www.matt-easton.co.uk/uk-curved-sword-law

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2021 at 4:16 PM, Artin said:

Get one of these or a bigger desk.  It will change your life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/29/2021 at 9:13 AM, charlesphoto99 said:

Who makes that bag? 

The Oberwerth Q bag is $550 USD:     https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1538674-REG/oberwerth_qb_ls_3901_the_q_bag_black.html  (if you can live with the chrome buttons, you can save $150).

and the Oberwerth M bag is $700 USD:  https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1672433-REG/oberwerth_mb_ls_3931_the_m_bag_black_red.html

Or there's the Billingham Hadley Pro Small which is roughly the same size as the Oberwerth M bag for $268 USD:  https://www.camerawest.com/new/billingham-hadley-small-pro

Of the three, the Hadley Pro Small is the best bag for the money IMHO.  I have a 15 year old Hadley Pro (regular size) that has held up very well over the years.

Or you could do what I recently did - I finally gave up and ordered a Fogg Last Waltz.  😁

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2021 at 4:48 AM, hirohhhh said:

I noticed that I’m most productive and return home with the best photos when have no bag at all. I carry 3 batteries in my pockets and I can stay on the street 6-7 hours easily without a bag and just camera hanging around my neck. That’s just my experience, not an advice to anyone.

same here, usuall with a 28 or 35. When I travel or need more space (i.e. going to work with a laptop) I will have a bag also

• Like 2

On 12/12/2021 at 10:48 PM, hirohhhh said:

I noticed that I’m most productive and return home with the best photos when have no bag at all. I carry 3 batteries in my pockets and I can stay on the street 6-7 hours easily without a bag and just camera hanging around my neck. That’s just my experience, not an advice to anyone.

As I think back over my decades in photography, there is one common denominator:  The less equipment you carry around to diddle with, the more photographs you end up with at the end of the day.  The inverse is also true.  As the old axiom goes, "Less is more."  The Q2 fits this concept like a hand in a glove.

Nowadays I carry either my Q2 or my M10 Monochrom with my 28 Elmarit attached.  Sometimes when shooting with my M10M I will throw caution to the wind and bring my 50mm f/2.4 Summarit, too.  No more SLR kits that equal the weight of a Steinway Model S Baby Grand that inflict the tortures of the damned on my infirm old shoulders and neck.

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 5

On 12/12/2021 at 10:48 PM, hirohhhh said:

Maybe  compromise when you think you might need a bit of protection from potential bumps/weather but stay true to your no bag advantage. 

My answer to this is...not much. My bag for my M10 is the Billingham 72, and it pretty much fits the camera, the Voigtlander 28mm F/2 Aspherical VII Ultron lens attached, a camera strap, extra battery, brush, and a cloth. I love it! Super portable, and small. The Billingham 72 is so well padded I swear you could drop it off the top of a building, and nothing would happen to the camera inside.

Last month, I've got this bag and very happy: 

B&H photo source + link here: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1345343-REG/ona_ona5_064bl_the_bond_street_camera.html

I use it for M10 + a lens attached + accessories

or with a Q2M 

It's super discreet, comfortable to carry on and shoot with, very light, great material and relatively cheap (compared to other bags mentioned here). Highly recommended.

It could be same size or Billingham 72, or maybe a little smaller.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Last month, I've got this bag and very happy: 

B&H photo source + link here: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1345343-REG/ona_ona5_064bl_the_bond_street_camera.html

I use it for M10 + a lens attached + accessories

or with a Q2M 

It's super discreet, comfortable to carry on and shoot with, very light, great material and relatively cheap (compared to other bags mentioned here). Highly recommended.

It could be same size or Billingham 72, or maybe a little smaller.

Among other design/build differences, Billingham top flap corners (including 72) wrap around and better ensure weather sealing, unlike ONA bags that are more susceptible to water entry.  The FibreNyte option is also lighter than the canvas.

https://www.macfilos.com/2017/10/31/2017-10-29-review-billingham-72-the-new-single-camera-protective-shoulder-bag/

Jeff

• Like 1