What camera bag are you using?

kivis

I’ve been carrying an Oberwerth Boulevard 13 for several years now.  It’s a lightweight, sturdy bag that has plenty of room.  I don’t foresee myself trading it in for many more years, but that’s probably because I paid waaaaaaaaaay too much for it!  

• Like 1

hi, Billingham Hadley pro, and a 555 when i need to carry more items.

I'm in summer now, and i want to bring a camera to the beach, but i need a more sand protected bag, i don't know what to do, may be some ziplocks do the trick....

• Like 1

The same bag I used for everything else, a small Berghaus backpack that cost about £25 when I got mine pre-Covid (they want £44 for it now).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Berghaus-Twnty4Seven-Plus-Backpack-20/dp/B09CVLCFDN

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Inside, camera bodies are stuffed in small bags from CCS or Kata (brands that no longer exist), smaller cameras and lenses are usually in pouches from Zing (which are now hard to get in the UK). I generally only bother with a 'proper' camera bag for larger SLR gear, usually a Crumpler backpack (from the old range, back when I think they sold the Australian style gear everywhere - Crumpler Europe is now a separate company with a different range of bags).

• Like 2

• Like 2

I'm using the small Havana Bag from RocknRoll. Tiny but surprisingly capacious. I especially like the rather rustic look; it is clearly handmade.

• Like 5

Are we supposed to only have a single camera bag?  If so, I'm doing so much wrong.  My daily bag when carrying an M10, Voigt 21mm, Voigt 35mm and Voigt 50mm is a Domke F-8.  If I'm carrying more stuff plus camera gear or I'm in incliment weather, it'll get put into a Billingham Hadley Pro 2020.

If I start lugging around my Nikon Z setup, there could be a Thinktank Retro 7 or a MindShift Backlight 18l if I'm carrying a big telephoto.

Out Snapping bag is usually the MegaGear Torres which was posted elsewhere recently. If it's raining (or looks like it might) then I will take either a Billingham 'f 5.6' (probability of light showers) or else a Lowepro 'Nova Sport 7L AW' (possibly torrential). All three of these are small bags.

If I need to carry a bit more but am still just out for a day's walkabout I have a Lowepro 'Nova Sport 17L AW' which is the medium-sized Big Brother to the aforementioned 7L.

For Pro work which requires me to go out on location with a load of DSLR kit I use a pair of Billingham 225 bags.

Philip.

1 hour ago, Jackalope said:

I'm using the small Havana Bag from RocknRoll. Tiny but surprisingly capacious. I especially like the rather rustic look; it is clearly handmade.

Nice!

For a couple of years now I've been managing (only just!) to resist acquiring one of their 'Bauhaus - Small' bags in Black leather finish. It seems to be the perfect size for my requirements and I happen to think it looks pretty good as well;

https://rocknrollstraps.com/shop/camera-bags/bauhaus-camera-bags/bauhaus-small/bauhaus-bag-small-black-pebbled-leather/

Hard to justify, unfortunately, as I already have more bags than I need......

Philip.

17 hours ago, Anbaric said:

The same bag I used for everything else, a small Berghaus backpack that cost about £25 when I got mine pre-Covid (they want £44 for it now).

I daren't post a photo of my rucksack from The North Face. Once it was bright yellow but no longer. Once it had a number of snap clips on webbing, now none are still intact and working. The straps are frayed with foam poking out but its still comfy to wear. Although it is thoroughly disreputable, unfortunately I have yet to spot a replacement that I like. Inside the rucksack though  is a small Billingham which I picked up very cheaply some years ago (I don't know what model). This fits well and offers good protection.

Of course I do have a proper photographer's bag by Co-op in the car if needed, although it lack the padding (insulation) of that rather smart Walmart bag of jdlaing's, which is of course unavailable over here.,

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jon595 said:

Are we supposed to only have a single camera bag?  If so, I'm doing so much wrong.  My daily bag when carrying an M10, Voigt 21mm, Voigt 35mm and Voigt 50mm is a Domke F-8.  If I'm carrying more stuff plus camera gear or I'm in incliment weather, it'll get put into a Billingham Hadley Pro 2020.

If I start lugging around my Nikon Z setup, there could be a Thinktank Retro 7 or a MindShift Backlight 18l if I'm carrying a big telephoto.

I have about 7 bags of various sizes and quality but my daily is the A&A.