What's in your Leica M10 camera bag?

LBJ2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Here is the inside view of the bag...
  • Like 3

In my Billingham bag:

• M10 with lens (35 Summicron IV)
  • One extra lens (50 Summilux III)
  • Microfiber cloth
  • Spare SD card (which I never use)
  • Spare battery
  • Visoflex (which I never use)
  • ExpoDisc
  • Like 8

M10 with Summilux 50asph, Elmarit 28 asph, Telyt 135, spare battery, Thinktank battery pouch. Bags: Thinktank Retrospective 10 (from DSLR days), Fogg Flute and Soprano for day trips.

Not in the picture Thinktank Retrospetive 40 (used for transporting camera, lenses and notebook while travelling) and the Leica tabletop tripod.

Edited by stephan54
  • Like 2

Here my daily RF bag

• M10 with Leica hand grip + Thumbs Up + blue soft release + MegaGear cotton neck strap
  • 50mm Summicron V (on)
  • ZM 2.8/35
  • That's everything I have so far about RF world

Spare fully charged battery || 128Gb Extreme Pro card (it leaves in the camera) + spare SD card  ||  A microfiber cloth  ||  Weather Wrap for rain and sand (when necessary)  ||  Blue Moleskine notebook + Blue Bic pen  ||  LensPen brush  ||  Old iPod shuffle + Marshall EarBuds  ||  Sports wristband

The bag is the Tenba Messenger DNA 8 .. it's very very functional. I wrote a review about all my the bags I use, if you want to know more. If you look at the link that I wrote last year, in the bag #5 (Tenba) I changed the "Malboro space" in my bag (because I quit smoking this year) for a Summicron 🙌 ... Now I have another vice (but finally healthy) called Leica 😃

Good vibes

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Dennis said:

Here my daily RF bag

• M10 with Leica hand grip + Thumbs Up + blue soft release + MegaGear cotton neck strap
  • 50mm Summicron V (on)
  • ZM 2.8/35
  • That's everything I have so far about RF world

Spare fully charged battery || 128Gb Extreme Pro card (it leaves in the camera) + spare SD card  ||  A microfiber cloth  ||  Weather Wrap for rain and sand (when necessary)  ||  Blue Moleskine notebook + Blue Bic pen  ||  LensPen brush  ||  Old iPod shuffle + Marshall EarBuds  ||  Sports wristband

The bag is the Tenba Messenger DNA 8 .. it's very very functional. I wrote a review about all my the bags I use, if you want to know more. If you look at the link that I wrote last year, in the bag #5 (Tenba) I changed the "Malboro space" in my bag (because I quit smoking this year) for a Summicron 🙌 ... Now I have another vice (but finally healthy) called Leica 😃

Good vibes

Why do you tape the shutter speed and iso dials like that (and aperture rings)? Just curious as to the process of shooting and what role the placement of the tape plays.

5 hours ago, chasdfg said:

Why do you tape the shutter speed and iso dials like that (and aperture rings)? Just curious as to the process of shooting and what role the placement of the tape plays.

Well ... It works perfectly with my way to shoot, because I shoot fully manual, and I want to be as faster as possible. I use only three ISO settings (99% of the times), which are 200-800-3200. With these numbers, I can do whatever I want. On the iSO dial I put M, which has been set to 12,500 ISO, only when it necessary, in super low light condition.

The same for the f/stop. I use only 2.8-5.6-11 values (except for the Cron, I use sometimes f/2 that is not taped). f/5.6 is my basic setting. f/2.8 when I need more shallow DOP, f/11 when I want much more context. I really don't need anything in between.

Working always in manual, I can't use only a few Shutter speed values, because sometimes I need more combinations. But my most used settings are 1/4,000 - 1/500 - 1/60. And with the black tape, also when it's dark in the night, and I can't see the numbers on the top of the camera, I quickly find my preferred settings.

Forcing myself to use a few settings only, I can lose less time and be faster and make better art. I love to shoot with a Leica M because everything is so simple, very few options and buttons. So I'm trying to reducing, even more, the possibilities. Speed is critical for me, and working in a manual gives me full control. For me, it works great. But I heard someone saying I'm crazy 😂
Does it answer your question? I hope yes

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

On 6/19/2020 at 6:46 PM, Dennis said:

Well ... It works perfectly with my way to shoot, because I shoot fully manual, and I want to be as faster as possible. I use only three ISO settings (99% of the times), which are 200-800-3200. With these numbers, I can do whatever I want. On the iSO dial I put M, which has been set to 12,500 ISO, only when it necessary, in super low light condition.

The same for the f/stop. I use only 2.8-5.6-11 values (except for the Cron, I use sometimes f/2 that is not taped). f/5.6 is my basic setting. f/2.8 when I need more shallow DOP, f/11 when I want much more context. I really don't need anything in between.

Working always in manual, I can't use only a few Shutter speed values, because sometimes I need more combinations. But my most used settings are 1/4,000 - 1/500 - 1/60. And with the black tape, also when it's dark in the night, and I can't see the numbers on the top of the camera, I quickly find my preferred settings.

Forcing myself to use a few settings only, I can lose less time and be faster and make better art. I love to shoot with a Leica M because everything is so simple, very few options and buttons. So I'm trying to reducing, even more, the possibilities. Speed is critical for me, and working in a manual gives me full control. For me, it works great. But I heard someone saying I'm crazy 😂
Does it answer your question? I hope yes

Well, love the way you use your camera.. really awesome 👏 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had a Hadley Pro for as long as I can remember. Bag is sufficient for the Leica with 2 lens, filters, additional battery, shutter release, tabletop tipod and sometimes a flash. If I don't use this then it would be a Billingham 72.

With a Hadley Pro I now use an Avea pouch that contains the mandatory COVId-19 accessories. Hand sanitizer, wet wipes and masks.

Edited by rramesh
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 10:44 PM, LBJ2 said:

And just so people know I actually use my gear too 😉, here we are with a tiny Yellow/Orange incredibly robust Orchid that seems to live forever even @ f0,95 

LEICA M10    Noctilux-M 1:0.95/50 ASPH. lens    50mm    f/1.0    1/4000s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

On 5/22/2020 at 9:48 AM, Jürgen said:

M10 Set with 18mm, 24mm, 50mm, 75mm - and a little more additional equipment 😀

I just realised how empty my bag is!

• Like 1

Probably my daughter's handbag as a camera bag would be perfect to disguise its content - but, honestly, I felt strange to carry this bag around in the public...

• Like 4
  • Haha 8