Bag to fit only M10 with attached lens?

piblondin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

16 minutes ago, archrunner said:

@Rich_

You posted about the Wotancraft sling bag 2L. The interior dimensions are 5.3 x 5.7 x 3.1 inch, which doesn’t seem like it would fit my M10 with a 35mm Summicron attached. Does it fit in the 2L? I really appreciate your help!

Peakdesign Slingback 3L works perfectly with my M10 with 50 Lux.  

https://www.peakdesign.com/collections/all-bags/products/everyday-sling?variant=31374261780557

On 3/23/2024 at 7:23 PM, archrunner said:

@Rich_

You posted about the Wotancraft sling bag 2L. The interior dimensions are 5.3 x 5.7 x 3.1 inch, which doesn’t seem like it would fit my M10 with a 35mm Summicron attached. Does it fit in the 2L? I really appreciate your help!

Get this 3.5L sling, a bitter more pricy but much nicer and roomy than the other 2L.

I can fit a M10-r with a noctilux 50/f1.2 in easily

https://www.wotancraft.tw/en/product/mini-rider-v2-charcoal-black-canvas

• 2 weeks later...

Fogg E flat #29 from around 2000.  Still used with my SL2S.  Not worn. Not pampered. Not faded.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I prefer Billingham Pola. Leica M fits perfectly in it. It can also be attached to a belt

Edited by Smogg

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a black Wotoncraft 7L Pilot. Almost perfect bag, except for one thing: it's too big for my everyday casual carry... So guess I'll have to also get a 3.5L as well, because I'm keeping this bag! The 2L is tempting, (esp in leather, and the 3.5, but not going to happen, and one loses weight savings on top of wallet savings with leather) but the 2L seems a bit on the small side, esp as I like having a 135mm APO with me, unless one plans to always carry the camera (which I often do). The 7L blows the Peak Design 10L out of the water. I esp love the big pass through on the outside of the bag that is perfect for looping a light shirt through or perhaps a small tripod. The outer side pockets with the scrunch close are also perfect for extra lenses, or a place to put lenses while working. 

A bag is only as good as it's strap, and the so far the Wotoncraft strap seems pretty superb. The adjusting takes a bit of counter intuitive getting used to (not quite there yet), but the comfort is the best I've ever had (my left shoulder still hates it, but that's another story). Also the lightest yet sturdiest bag I've used. After walking with it almost forgot about it (almost - it's still a camera bag). I think I will prefer my Think Tank Mindshift Turnstyle 5 for activities like skiing though, with it's more upper back fitting form. I could see the Pilot 2L being great when just going out free with he camera and for a couple of extra lenses and phone, battery, etc. Since the Pilot 7L can take a MacBook Air, it will replace my old travel standard, the Think Tank Photocross 10. The 7L comes with a long divider for an iPad/laptop, just not pictured. My couple of small Hadley Pro's I have I love, but just don't cut it for comfort like these do (but look the part, for sure). Plus I'm over the pill factory interiors of the Billingham's. 

Still getting a handle on the dividers. Using dividers from old bags to split down the middle for lenses. The dividers are not perfect, but may just need to figure out the optimum placement and order a couple of extra to play with. Tripod straps on the bottom come off easily. A paperback book fits perfectly in the back pocket. Everything is just thought out to a tee, yet simple and basic. If I was asked to design a bag, it would be very close to this. Only thing I might do differently is have a zip open extension pouch for a laptop/iPad at the back of the bag. With extra padding at the bottom of the pouch. Otherwise, this is it. Modern functional design meets traditional fishing bag aesthetic. Really well done. Now to sell some other bags and collect the set. I don't normally fan boy out on gear like this, but what can I say, I love these bags! 

Note: M10-R has a 135mm on it. Kitchen towel for illustrative purposes only of holding an extras shirt, light hoodie, rain jacket, etc. How often have we had to Improvise that? At least I know I have. And there's a hidden pocket in there for things you want out of the way but can't afford to lose (passport, etc).  Inside there's a zip opening that's the inside of the front flap (clever) with two not too big, not too small, inner web pockets for things like batteries, card holder, filters, etc. The entire pocket itself could hold a Profoto A10 or smaller flash, a book, another body, etc. You can stuff a lot of gear in one of these - but It will get heavy. It's the gear, not the bag, dummy. There's no denying physics. :) :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 4/24/2024 at 1:25 AM, charlesphoto99 said:

Just received a black Wotoncraft 7L Pilot. Almost perfect bag, except for one thing: it's too big for my everyday casual carry... So guess I'll have to also get a 3.5L as well, because I'm keeping this bag! The 2L is tempting, (esp in leather, and the 3.5, but not going to happen, and one loses weight savings on top of wallet savings with leather) but the 2L seems a bit on the small side, esp as I like having a 135mm APO with me, unless one plans to always carry the camera (which I often do). The 7L blows the Peak Design 10L out of the water. I esp love the big pass through on the outside of the bag that is perfect for looping a light shirt through or perhaps a small tripod. The outer side pockets with the scrunch close are also perfect for extra lenses, or a place to put lenses while working. 

A bag is only as good as it's strap, and the so far the Wotoncraft strap seems pretty superb. The adjusting takes a bit of counter intuitive getting used to (not quite there yet), but the comfort is the best I've ever had (my left shoulder still hates it, but that's another story). Also the lightest yet sturdiest bag I've used. After walking with it almost forgot about it (almost - it's still a camera bag). I think I will prefer my Think Tank Mindshift Turnstyle 5 for activities like skiing though, with it's more upper back fitting form. I could see the Pilot 2L being great when just going out free with he camera and for a couple of extra lenses and phone, battery, etc. Since the Pilot 7L can take a MacBook Air, it will replace my old travel standard, the Think Tank Photocross 10. The 7L comes with a long divider for an iPad/laptop, just not pictured. My couple of small Hadley Pro's I have I love, but just don't cut it for comfort like these do (but look the part, for sure). Plus I'm over the pill factory interiors of the Billingham's. 

Still getting a handle on the dividers. Using dividers from old bags to split down the middle for lenses. The dividers are not perfect, but may just need to figure out the optimum placement and order a couple of extra to play with. Tripod straps on the bottom come off easily. A paperback book fits perfectly in the back pocket. Everything is just thought out to a tee, yet simple and basic. If I was asked to design a bag, it would be very close to this. Only thing I might do differently is have a zip open extension pouch for a laptop/iPad at the back of the bag. With extra padding at the bottom of the pouch. Otherwise, this is it. Modern functional design meets traditional fishing bag aesthetic. Really well done. Now to sell some other bags and collect the set. I don't normally fan boy out on gear like this, but what can I say, I love these bags! 

Note: M10-R has a 135mm on it. Kitchen towel for illustrative purposes only of holding an extras shirt, light hoodie, rain jacket, etc. How often have we had to Improvise that? At least I know I have. And there's a hidden pocket in there for things you want out of the way but can't afford to lose (passport, etc).  Inside there's a zip opening that's the inside of the front flap (clever) with two not too big, not too small, inner web pockets for things like batteries, card holder, filters, etc. The entire pocket itself could hold a Profoto A10 or smaller flash, a book, another body, etc. You can stuff a lot of gear in one of these - but It will get heavy. It's the gear, not the bag, dummy. There's no denying physics. :) :)

i use pilot 7L for daily "office" bag, with macbook air 13". i have the leather pilot 3,5L and khaki 2L.  i prefer the 2L more, because i often bring just M9 with 50lux or 35lux. The 3.5L is better, if you always brought 2 M body (w/lenses) or 1 body (w/lens) with additional 1 - 2 lenses.

• Like 1