What's in your Leica M10 camera bag?

LBJ2

2 hours ago, PCPix said:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

M10, M6, 15mm Heliar III, 35mm FLE, 35mm ColorSkopar, 50mm/2 v3, 75mm/2, Leitz tabletop tripod (always in the bag).

For lightweight option this is pared down to one body and 15/35/75. The tiny 35 Color-Skopar is the preferred 35 if light is good, FLE if it’s dim/dark. 

Amusingly one EOS 1DX body only just fits into this bag!

Interesting isn't it once you get used to the tiny rangefinder system. I don't mind using large lenses and there are benefits to some larger gear when needed, but now even my Sony FF mirrorless system can seem behemoth in comparison when I need to economize on size for traveling. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LBJ2 said:

Interesting isn't it once you get used to the tiny rangefinder system. I don't mind using large lenses and there are benefits to some larger gear when needed, but now even my Sony FF mirrorless system can seem behemoth in comparison when I need to economize on size for traveling. 

The thing is we used to think a Nikon F3 was 'big'.... then the EOS autofocus came along and the bigger lenses were just accepted because they were autofocus and there were great innovations (like all of the f/2.8 L zooms). Now I look at the mirrorless lenses and wonder why a 50mm needs to be the size of a wastepaper basket...!? Suddenly M's look miniscule - even though they never changed 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great pictures everyone! Will try to shoot one of my gear once I get my lens back from CLA. Here’s my kit:

• No bag (always carry one of the below cameras on my hand or shoulder)
  • M4 with Summicron 35mm 8 elements
  • M10M with W-Nikkor 3.5cm f1.8 

I am also trying to pick only two 50mm to keep and use on both bodies, and I’m torn between the 4 below in case anyone has suggestions hehe

• Summicron Collapsible
  • Summicron V3 @PCPix I see you have one, how do you like it :)
  • Summicron Rigid
  • Elmar f3.5 red scale
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, shirubadanieru said:

Summicron V3 @PCPix I see you have one, how do you like it

I like it - perhaps the focus throw is a little long, but that makes it more precise. It's supposedely the 'least liked' Summicron 50 - but it is still a Summicron 😉 It's pleasant wide open and super sharp at 5.6-8... Mine's a bit tatty on the outside, but perfect optically, so was reasonably cheap to buy... What more do you need?

• Like 1

A couple of 50s and a few rolls of film, just in case

• Like 4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

13 hours ago, PCPix said:

I like it - perhaps the focus throw is a little long, but that makes it more precise. It's supposedely the 'least liked' Summicron 50 - but it is still a Summicron 😉 It's pleasant wide open and super sharp at 5.6-8... Mine's a bit tatty on the outside, but perfect optically, so was reasonably cheap to buy... What more do you need?

I am on the same hot, love my V3, light and versatile. 

• Like 2

Not that I dream about this camera stuff...but 🤪 ( Just trying to keep this thread going !) 

The PeakDesign camera bags, in this case the tiny 5L, might be the most functional and lightweight camera bag I've ever used. Just perfect for this set:

M10, Summiliux 35 and 50 and Summicron 90 + iPhone 11 Pro + other essentials. 

Edited by LBJ2
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, LBJ2 said:

The PeakDesign camera bags, in this case the tiny 5L, might be the most functional and lightweight camera bag I've ever used. Just perfect for this set:

M10, Summiliux 35 and 50 and Summicron 90 + iPhone 11 Pro + other essentials.

You get all that kit in a Peak 5L? I’ve been thinking about one of these bags for a while - never seen one in the flesh but they look really good. Just not sure how much would fit in one. 

4 hours ago, erniethemilk said:

You get all that kit in a Peak 5L? I’ve been thinking about one of these bags for a while - never seen one in the flesh but they look really good. Just not sure how much would fit in one. 

Hello. Yes. All of the kit shown fits inside the 5L comfortably. Perfect for tiny Leica M10 system IMO. The famous origami style dividers create a shelf so on one side of the bag,  the M10+Grip + wrist strap+ 35 Lux attached and the other side of the divider, place the 90 Cron on the bottom, fold the divider and place the 50 Lux on the top shelf above the 90. The small Giottos blower fits in the same side too. Lens pen along with extra battery and extra SD cards in the bags top interior zipper and iPhone 11 Pro in the exterior zippered pocket on the front of the bag. Makes for a very nice lightweight walk-around sling, shoulder, or hand carry style. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LBJ2 said:

Hello. Yes. All of the kit shown fits inside the 5L comfortably. Perfect for tiny Leica M10 system IMO. The famous origami style dividers create a shelf so on one side of the bag,  the M10+Grip + wrist strap+ 35 Lux attached and the other side of the divider, place the 90 Cron on the bottom, fold the divider and place the 50 Lux on the top shelf above the 90. The small Giottos blower fits in the same side too. Lens pen along with extra battery and extra SD cards in the bags top interior zipper and iPhone 11 Pro in the exterior zippered pocket on the front of the bag. Makes for a very nice lightweight walk-around sling, shoulder, or hand carry style. 

Lovely, thanks for the info.  Definitely going to take a closer look at these.  I bought an everyday back pack 20 litre a short while ago but unless I'm carrying quite a bit in it, everything just ends up rolling around! Definitely need something smaller for my Leica gear.👍

+1 on the 5l peak design.

A bargain at around £60 in the U.K.

Note also, that storage areas within this bag are fully sealed with water resistant zips.   It is very light and also has strong sculptural stability so it doesn’t sag when lifted or being carried across your back.  I made the mistake of being tempted into a deal for a much more expensive leather Oberwerth which I now find unusable due to it being so soft and its shape being unstable. The PD 5l is fine, but if extra space is required choose the 10l.
Hunt around for a good price.  Good luck.

Edited by lucerne
Spelling correction
  • Like 2

My simple setup. Leica M10-P and Summicron 50mm f2 and M6, 40mm Summicron f2 and a couple of rolls of film. 

I carry a few odd bits around such as the Manfrotto Pixie, shutter release cable and a lens pen but not much else, all in a Billingham Hadley small.  

Edited by erniethemilk
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, erniethemilk said:

My simple setup. Leica M10-P and Summicron 50mm f2 and M6, 40mm Summicron f2 and a couple of rolls of film. 

I carry a few odd bits around such as the Manfrotto Pixie, shutter release cable and a lens pen but not much else. 

Those rugged floor boards make a very interesting backdrop ! 

Edited by LBJ2

I like may of you have had several bags over the years including some very large ones when lugging around my DSLR gear. Having now committed to the M system I wanted something as compact as possible but of decent quality.  I had a couple of Doke bags (I still have one), which are pretty good  but when I had just the one body, I looked at the Billingham range and chose the Digital bag as this accommodate the M10 body with 50mm, plus my 28mm and 90mm lenses, plus the usual accessories.  I then acquired an M-P240 bodey and added the Hadley Bag which accommodates all, just.   Great quality bags, and in my view both stylish, practical and protective.

• Like 6

I like the idea of this thread, so here‘s my bag. It’s an ONA Prince Street and it contains my Leica M10-P, 28 mm Summicron, 50 mm Summilux, vintage 50 mm Elmar and an iPad Pro 11‘ together with a few accessories/essentials. 

• Like 6

When I need to carry all Leica gear ....

Most of the time Leica 10  + 50mm lux

• Like 6

My best bag depends on what I need to carry, but all are Billinghams.

My usual bag is the 2020 Hadley Pro.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, antonioxrosa said:

When I need to carry all Leica gear ....

Most of the time Leica 10  + 50mm lux

Hello. What brand is the mini tripod? Is the brown case attached to the camera bag for the tripod? 

Edited by LBJ2