CL - bugs and other issues

• 2 weeks later...

My CL often makes changes to the software settings while photographing and almost always when changing from Cl lens to the M adapter holding an M lens.  I use the  18 aspheric super elmar, 28   2.8 aasphiric  elmar (the one just prior to the latest, the 50 f2 apo.and the 24 3.8.

I hope the software issue is not just peculiar to my CL....  I t does not matter if I turn the camera off when changing lenses.  It is annoying.

Android app crashes when trying to download photos from the camera to a phone (Samsung Note 8).

Once the Android app has crashed, the camera’s focus mode is left as “Touch-AF” rather than being reset to whatever it was before the app was connected. More info here: https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/279816-leica-cl-android-and-ios-apps/

I have the R to L adapter and an 80-200/4 Vario Elmar R-ROM lens. When my pre-ordered CL zoom kit arrives, I will try and report what happens. I checked with my SL and the R to L adapter recognises the lens automatically and correctly but oddly, at the longest zoom, it shows 178mm on the SL instead of 200. At shorter zoom lengths, the reported focal length is near enough correct. I also have an M to L and R to M (the latest version) and will report what happens with that combo. When I heard that two zoom kits had arrived at UK dealers, I started to get excited but nothing has arrived at Ffordes in Scotland so far. 

Wilson

We will need this thread sooner or later, so I might as well start it now.

Bug:

With a M lens mounted, A-mode and AutoISO set, ISO remains stuck at 100.

Ive seen this same behavior...although it resumes to normal after a restart.

Im also having issues getting focus assist/auto mag working. It worked correctly with the 18mm L lens...but with M lenses I cant get it to auto zoom.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ive seen this same behavior...although it resumes to normal after a restart.

Im also having issues getting focus assist/auto mag working. It worked correctly with the 18mm L lens...but with M lenses I cant get it to auto zoom.

My post that you quoted should be read in the context of my follow-up posts which looked into the cause more exactly. It's complicated!

There's no auto magnification with M lenses - the RH dial is assigned to magnification to default, though, for manual lenses.

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 1

ok, thats disappointing...I wonder why that was omitted?

As Gordon says. In principle, of course, there could be a sensor (optical or EM, not a physical contact) inside the camera mount that detects movement of the rangefinder focusing cam, and trigger magnification - but that doesn't exist in the SL or TL2 either.

• Like 1

As Gordon says. In principle, of course, there could be a sensor (optical or EM, not a physical contact) inside the camera mount that detects movement of the rangefinder focusing cam, and trigger magnification - but that doesn't exist in the SL or TL2 either.

Thanks...for some reason I thought this worked on the T and SL.

I guess im getting old. :)

• Like 1

ha...well I just wasted an afternoon cranking my lens back and forth and digging thru menus trying to figure out why it wasnt working. #shamed

i could not work out why manual lens focus zoom was not working on my M240 with my 85mm Summarex. Then I realised the zoom was set to 1X after the FW update - DOH!

Wilson

• Like 2

Congratulations, Kostas. The shot looks fantastic!

I am so jealous; I preordered in B&H and they still are waiting for it!

From the beginning, months ago, I had bad luck with this camera. I hope to be luckier once I actually have it in my hands.

Enjoy it my friend and keep posting.

Louis,

Tu n'as jamias de chance avec les nouvelles caméras de Leica!

You have always had bad luck with the Leica's new gear. I remember your problems with the Typ 109.

When you'll got your CL tell your impressions on the Forum. I am interested in this new camera.

All the best. Et Bon Noël!

Francois

Louis,

Tu n'as jamias de chance avec les nouvelles caméras de Leica!

You have always had bad luck with the Leica's new gear. I remember your problems with the Typ 109.

When you'll got your CL tell your impressions on the Forum. I am interested in this new camera.

All the best. Et Bon Noël!

Francois

Oui et non, cher Francois! ;)

Actually, 109 was not really a Leica, but more a Panasonic. CL is a little different. You know, my problem with CL was the delay, as anxious I was to receive it. :)

Now, I have it and love it. In the previous page, I did give some of my thoughts to Rob about this camera:

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/279062-leica-cl-the-image-thread/?p=3418808

On the whole, I like it a lot, although I find it a little too small. Handling is good and the IQ and the colors I get are really very satisfying to my eyes.Not being a technical guy, I struggled a little with the settings, and more specially to find the magnifier for my MF lenses, but now that I found it, I feel more comfortable.

If flash is not important for anyone who already has TL2, I wonder if upgrading to CL is worth. I love the design of T/TL, and TL2 has the same great sensor.

Avec amities,

• Like 2

Only used the magnifier. I find Focus peaking is at times deceiving.

Where exactly did you found the magnifier?... I have been looking for it for a very long time on the two top of the camera wheels and couldn’t find it!... Finally and accidentally, I realized I could magnify by pushing the upper arrow, on the right of the screen!... It doesn’t seem very logical to me... Are you doing the same?... i still don’t know where I can find the focus peaking!...

When I press the right wheel, it does say the magnification is on, But I can’t find any way to use it, unless I use the up arrow!.....

I visited the Leica store yesterday and they played with my camera a long time without finding any solution!

I think down the road, with more experience with this new camera, I will find the right way, At least for the time being, I can use this weird method for my MF lenses, :)

When I press the right wheel, it does say the magnification is on, But I can’t find any way to use it, unless I use the up arrow!.....

I visited the Leica store yesterday and they played with my camera a long time without finding any solution!

I think down the road, with more experience with this new camera, I will find the right way, At least for the time being, I can use this weird method for my MF lenses, :)

I think the CL can come into a wonky state, that can be only fixed by resetting the camera. In my case, with M lenses, CL was always shooting with EV +1. I.e., if my EVF reports EV0 and shutter speed 1/100, with M-lens it will take an image with 1/50 and EV+1. Solved the problem by resetting.

• Like 2