Issue with SL3 CF door, curious about other people experiences

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone!

I just got a beautiful SL3, and while I am enjoying the camera ( I switched from a Sony A7rV ), I have an issue with the sliding CF door.

Most of the time it won't open easily, and feel very uneasy to operate. The only way would be use the finger nail to grip on the button ( which doesn't seem to move at all) and slide. B?ut this already started to ruin the leather around it.

Of course I can live with that but I am curious if this is just my issue or maybe is something that happens to other people too.

I work in media video production so I have quita of an experience with cameras, this seems a little off.

Thanks for any help!

Ciao

I have only briefly handled the SL 3 however in the other three models, the action to open the door is to push across with you thumb. Some downward pressure helps. The SL 3 door is a bit different but I don't think using fingernails is good. It may be a little stiff at first but monitor the situation and you may want to get it fixed.   

• 4 weeks later...