Hood fitting problem with 50mm SX black chrome (11688)

Winedemonium

2 hours ago, TheGodParticle/Hari said:

I guess ... but how come it screws onto the 50lux v2 E43 but not onto the bc? 

if you have a 13417, does it screw onto the bc?

the heliopan works on both lenses 🤯  

I have not the bc but i understand that it has not the same thread pitch as the v2. Do a search on the forum we discussed about this last year if i remember well. The 13417 should not fit on the bc then. Now i do not understand how the Heliopan can work on both lenses. You did not screw it too tight hopefully.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheGodParticle/Hari said:

Quite strange.

Will take a short trip to Wetzlar after operations are resumed ... 

Baffling!!

please ask them to make at least a UV and orange filter to work with the lens hood. 😂😂😂

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, TheGodParticle/Hari said:

Will do ... this is just irritating 🤷‍♂️

Agreed although I knew it before buying so my own darn fault. 

And I’m not interested in the retro fit hood solution as it’s ugly. 

26 minutes ago, dkmoore said:

And I’m not interested in the retro fit hood solution as it’s ugly. 

Agree, which is why I wanted to use the filter so I could leave the hood behind. Let’s see what solution is proposed.
Worst case scenario I’ll continue to use the heliopan filter on the bc, and the uv/ir on the v2. I do prefer the pull out hood of the 50lux asph. So much more practical. Waiting for it to come back after some magic dust is sprayed on it at the Mothership. 

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, lmak said:

Curious if anybody has tried the new B+W 43mm T-Pro Filter with the hood. It alleges to be an even thinner filter than their XS-Pro... Maybe this would allow our infamous hoods to finally clip on? 

May try this out. Thanks. 

• 2 months later...

As a reasonably priced hood to use with a filter, I recommend the Haoge LH-B43P 43mm.  I bought it for £38 from Amazon.  The build quality is excellent and it even comes with a metal cap.  The look is pretty modern and I personally like the contrast to the black chrome’s retro look.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have the 50 lux BC as well. And I am also one of those preferring filters for protection.

So I have as many in here, been searching for solution. But found non that I could grasp. So for the time being I have grinded down a 43mm filter from front (to become 3mm thick) flipped it around and slipped it in from front of the hood. See pictures.

And no vignetting.

I have tested a couple of filters being not more than 3mm thick from new, but those have been marginally too wide to slip into the hood.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

19 minutes ago, pedaes said:

I guess I will probably end up that way. But too bad not using that very much nicer brass Leica hood.