M9 delamination survey

edwardkaraa

Around 40-45% seem to be affected.

Let's be precise: 40-45% users who read internet forums and take part on surveys like this. My "NO" answer is representing thousands of users who don't even search internet forums for infos about sensor problems because they don't have any :-)

• Like 1

Let's be precise: 40-45% users who read internet forums and take part on surveys like this. My "NO" answer is representing thousands of users who don't even search internet forums for infos about sensor problems because they don't have any :-)

Let's be precise, my "yes" represents thousands of users in Thailand and southeast Asia who are not on this forum, but got a defective sensor nonetheless ;)

Let's be precise, my "yes" represents thousands of users in Thailand and southeast Asia who are not on this forum, but got a defective sensor nonetheless ;)

I'm glad you agree with me, that surveys like this are pointless, because they represent a fraction of real world users ;-)

With what I've seen from pertaining threads on various forums.

Around 40-45% seem to be affected.

I read somewhere that over 40000 M9s have been sold. You 'survey' currently has around 40 responses. So the correct conclusion is that 40-45% of surveyed users, representing less than 0.1% of the entire user community, has this problem.

Given that most of those 40000 users are happily shooting without problems, and that people with a problem will always have more of a voice on the Internet than those without one, I think you will find that it is a lot less than 40%.

That's not going away from the fact that every sensor still has the possibility to run into this problem at some point in the future. But trying to come up with statistics based upon a statistically irrelevant sample is not the way to summarize the problem.

• Like 2

No, it does not. It represents only you.

Of course, otherwise I would have counted my vote as several thousands ;)

Back to seriousness, I do understand the limitations of such survey, and maybe it wasn't a good idea after all, judging from the negative interventions. Please feel free to delete it.

Anyhow, now that Leica has spoken, all this talk becomes irrelevant.

• Like 1

I read somewhere that over 40000 M9s have been sold. You 'survey' currently has around 40 responses. So the correct conclusion is that 40-45% of surveyed users, representing less than 0.1% of the entire user community, has this problem.

Given that most of those 40000 users are happily shooting without problems, and that people with a problem will always have more of a voice on the Internet than those without one, I think you will find that it is a lot less than 40%.

That's not going away from the fact that every sensor still has the possibility to run into this problem at some point in the future. But trying to come up with statistics based upon a statistically irrelevant sample is not the way to summarize the problem.

Guys, you're taking this survey way too seriously. No one is claiming anything.

I don't need this survey to know that each and every M9 and variants sold in southeast Asia has had this problem. I also don't need it to know that in milder climates, less cameras seem to be affected.

Anyhow, please mods, delete this thread. Thank you.

• Like 1

M9: no, just recently serviced

Monochrom: not sure as when I sent it in for basic servicing under warranty a few months back NJ tried to charge me for a new sensor, saying it was user error (I've never touched it). I told them to just CLA and send back. But perhaps this was the problem after all and they weren't aware of it.

• Like 1