Customer satisfaction survey Leica M11 owners (May 2023)

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Leica M11 has been on the market for over a year now and has already received several function enhancements via firmware update (currently firmware 1.6.1).

Leica would now like to know how satisfied Leica M11 owners are with the camera and the current range of functions.

» Customer satisfaction survey Leica M11 owners

The survey has 11 questions that can be answered in 5-10 minutes

Thank you very much for your support!

» Take the survey

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Simone_DF said:

Means you didn’t pass the Leica Devotion test and you will be given a SONY with the system language set to a random language

Even if I promise to try harder in the future? 

Sony, a strange, unusual and harsh punishment …

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hdmesa said:

A sensor fast enough to get rid of the mechanical shutter is not a “global shutter”, it’s simply a stacked sensor. Global shutter is Star Trek level fantasy tech at the moment.

A global shutter would also get rid of the mechanical shutter. Cameras with global shutters already exist, but they are not good enough for photography yet.

20 hours ago, hdmesa said:

A sensor fast enough to get rid of the mechanical shutter is not a “global shutter”, it’s simply a stacked sensor. Global shutter is Star Trek level fantasy tech at the moment.

My Red Komodo has a global shutter… I never thought of it as “Star Trek level fantasy tech”. But I guess if they want to have 15+ stops of dynamic range it might be.

5 minutes ago, DBounce said:

My Red Komodo has a global shutter… I never thought of it as “Star Trek level fantasy tech”. But I guess if they want to have 15+ stops of dynamic range it might be.

I made the Trek reference because a true global shutter for still photography has been the Holy Grail of sensors for so long now, it seems like it will never happen.

Am 8.5.2023 um 17:46 schrieb lct:

A funny one too given that the M11 sensor comes from Sony

Is it a certainty or a probability? Could you please name your source, because I thought they were Panasonic made. (Not that it would really matter...)

My main issue, as a working photographer, is that Leica service and quality control are IMHO the worst in the business. I just sent back my new type 50 Summilux because it back focussed a huge amount: about 10cm off at 2m. My first M11 spent nearly 7 months with Leica who after eventually fixing the initial problem (didn't work with EVF) went on to fail to fix the panoply of problems they introduced during their first repair. I only got a replacement after kicking up a fuss. No apology though. 

• Like 1

Since we're referencing fantasy tech we'd like to see, I made a (probably) goofball request in that last open comment field on the survey. 

I said I'd like to see the Beyer filter instantiated digitally, not physically, to enable a camera that can "switch gears" between using a pure monochrome sensor or applying a Beyer filter matrix to the shot.

In effect, this is asking for a method to "re-mosaic" rather than de-mosaic. 

Sensor are inherently monochrome to begin with. Instead of having to re-convert to mono, why not come up with a method to convert to color, in-camera, so as to retain the advantages afforded by a monochromatic sensor with no Beyer filter?

Anyway, that's what I put in that comment field....

• Like 3

On 5/8/2023 at 7:20 AM, LUF Admin said:

The Leica M11 has been on the market for over a year now and has already received several function enhancements via firmware update (currently firmware 1.6.1).

Leica would now like to know how satisfied Leica M11 owners are with the camera and the current range of functions.

» Customer satisfaction survey Leica M11 owners

The survey has 11 questions that can be answered in 5-10 minutes

Thank you very much for your support!

» Take the survey

I would like to make the suggestion that  "not specified" and "not applicable" be changed to " I do not use this feature"

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!