M9 delamination survey

edwardkaraa

Guys, you're taking this survey way too seriously. No one is claiming anything.

Anyhow, please mods, delete this thread. Thank you.

This seems a bit of a paradox. It is not so serious, but better delete the thread. :confused:

Anyway, I think you underestimate the suggestive power of figures.

This thread as no other function than a Wailing Wall

Maybe... I'm not sure about white spots but my M9 suddenly developed a hard crud on the sensor which would not come off with alcohol or VDust Plus, e-wipes or any of my other standard devices or cleaners. I sent it to Leica Repair in NJ and they replaced the sensor free of charge. I ordered this camera new in 2009 but took delivery in early 2010.

My concern now is my S2 and a MM I'm considering purchasing. I like to keep my cameras forever and hate to think of a Leica as a 2-5 year camera. I know I'm not going to get 40 plus years of use from a digital Leica - like I got from my M4 - but 10 trouble free years does not seem too much to ask for. Regardless, my hat is off to Leica for admitting there is a problem and then offering a solution.

Now comes the mental debate of MM vs M240 vs 120 for S2.

• Like 1

This seems a bit of a paradox. It is not so serious, but better delete the thread. :confused:

Anyway, I think you underestimate the suggestive power of figures.

This thread as no other function than a Wailing Wall

So why are you also making allusions about the Jews? Are you anti-Semitic on top of being obnoxious? Why are you still reading this thread?

Since no one really knows the extent of this problem, let's do our own LUF micro survey.

Did your camera suffer from delamination? Just type yes or no.

Below the answer, please give further information, like the model (M9, MM, ME) and any additional info you want to give but please keep it simple and factual.

coating peeling

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Maybe... I'm not sure about white spots but my M9 suddenly developed a hard crud on the sensor which would not come off with alcohol or VDust Plus, e-wipes or any of my other standard devices or cleaners. I sent it to Leica Repair in NJ and they replaced the sensor free of charge. I ordered this camera new in 2009 but took delivery in early 2010.

My concern now is my S2 and a MM I'm considering purchasing. I like to keep my cameras forever and hate to think of a Leica as a 2-5 year camera. I know I'm not going to get 40 plus years of use from a digital Leica - like I got from my M4 - but 10 trouble free years does not seem too much to ask for. Regardless, my hat is off to Leica for admitting there is a problem and then offering a solution.

Now comes the mental debate of MM vs M240 vs 120 for S2.

The S2 shouldn't be affected but the MM is in the risky group.

• Like 1

So why are you also making allusions about the Jews? Are you anti-Semitic on top of being obnoxious? Why are you still reading this thread?

A reference to the Wailing Wall is not anti semitic. No reference to Jews was made, except by you. It is a reference to a well known structure that carries some symbolism which can be allegorized, as in this case.

OTOH, referring to someone as obnoxious IS against forum rules. Please take note.

• Like 1

A reference to the Wailing Wall is not anti semitic. No reference to Jews was made, except by you. It is a reference to a well known structure that carries some symbolism which can be allegorized, as in this case.

OTOH, referring to someone as obnoxious IS against forum rules. Please take note.

How about off-topic replies? Are they conform to forum rules?

This thread as clearly specified is strictly a yes or no answer, with some extra details included. It is not about attacking the OP.

And by the way, calling this thread a wailing wall is clearly pejorative and denotes anti-Semitic tendencies.

PS: if the forum rules will not be respected, and OT attacks will be tolerated, kindly delete this thread as I have twice requested.

Edited by edwardkaraa

How about off-topic replies? Are they conform to forum rules?

This thread as clearly specified is strictly a yes or no answer, with some extra details included. It is not about attacking the OP.

And by the way, calling this thread a wailing wall is clearly pejorative and denotes anti-Semitic tendencies.

PS: if the forum rules will not be respected, and OT attacks will be tolerated, kindly delete this thread as I have twice requested.

I'm Jewish. Some moderators would recall that I have complained about racist comments (antisemitic and others) on this Forum in the past.

It didn't even cross my mind that Otto's comment was antisemitic in ANY way whatsoever.

Edward,

I understand your sentiment but I can't agree with you here.

Kind regards,

Mark

Edited by MarkP
  • Like 3

I'm Jewish. Some moderators would recall that I have complained about racist comments (antisemitic and others) on this Forum in the past.

It didn't even cross my mind that Otto's comment was antisemitic in ANY way whatsoever.

Edward,

I understand your sentiment but I can't agree with you here.

Kind regards,

Mark

I must be mistaken then. By the way I'm catholic not Jewish but I hate racists and anti Semites. It offends me when someone uses sacred places to denote negative sentiment. I have encountered often racist comments on this forum so maybe I overreacted.

• Like 1

Well I am Jewish and I see no antisemitic comment here. However the thread has become totally derailed by now and is redundant in the light of the announcement by Leica so I will close it and consign it to history.

• Like 6