Leica Q3 Firmware V 2.0.1 (merged)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

. Transfer speed with Leica Fotos faster cable

. Clear acceleration of start-up times

Available with the Leica Fotos app

Update LUF Admin:

Leica has released the Leica Q3 firmware 2.0.1.

• The data transfer speed via the Leica FOTOS cable was significantly improved
  • New default setting for video format (MP4, 4K, 29.97fps/L-GOP/100Mbps/4:2:0-8bit SD & HDMI/H.264): Ensures that recorded videos can be downloaded via Leica FOTOS to the mobile device for playback.
  • Improved rendering behavior for series of shots: This facilitates a continuous preview for Continuous - 2 fps / 14 bit / AF and Continuous - 4 fps / 14 bit / AF.
  • Automatic switchover from AFc to AFs in low light conditions, the display will now be in Live View
  • Significant improvement of startup times
  • The rendering quality in Live View when tapping the shutter button (1st pressure point) was significantly improved
  • Bugfixes in the firmware

You can download the firmware and the release notes here. Alternatively, the firmware can be installed via the Leica FOTOS app.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Nice update. Startup much faster. The blackout after a shot also seems to be shorter, but I do not remember how it was before :(.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jps1 said:

Don't you have the Leica Fotos application?

It's a shame and I hope for you what will be very quickly on the website.

I have no interest in Fotos - I don't need jpg "Looks" as I don't shoot jpg, and I don't trust Leica's software or wireless transfer. I can do that safely and quickly transferring images by downloading from the memory card direct to my computer.

Did the update via fotos. 

My first observations:

- In AFs the AF is way more snappy in my dimly lit living room. There is no doubt, that's a definite improvement

- Start up time was already fast with my Q3, so it's still fast. Maybe it is even a bit faster. But as said, I never faced the issue of a slow start up

- Black-out time in single shot might be a bit shorter. Not sure about this. I tried to memorize before and after, but I am not sure. I also not have a good memorized gut-feeling for it from daily use, as I use the preview-when-shutter-stays-pressed-down-function. Therefore it was a non issue for me. There definitely still is some black-out time. Correction: I believe it is definitely a tiny bit shorter.

- BUT: It is  really crazy when shooting in 2- or 4-frames/s: There is ZERO black out time. The live-view just stays on. This is crazy good and shows what is possible with this camera. I don't understand why there is still a black out in single shot

- Overall everything is very snappy now

Now just fix the black-out in single-shot and everything is perfect.

Overall a great update!

Edited by Daniel C.1975
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, SrMi said:

Nice update. Startup much faster. The blackout after a shot also seems to be shorter, but I do not remember how it was before :(.

I recall the last update was designed to improve startup time.  The question is what the startup time will be AFTER the cam has been sitting unused for 24 hours.  That's when many found out after the last update the startup time had really not changed.  That's why in my use, I always turn the Q3 on then off a little before its intended use.  

So, please respond in this thread tomorrow after your cam has sat for a long while and report the startup time.  I will wait to update via SD card.  My first update months ago using the FOTOS app almost resulted in a bricked cam.

Bob

Edited by BobsFirstLeica

I just did the update via the photos app. It took less than 5 minutes. 

Unlike the previous firmware upgrade which imported the user profiles for me, this one I had to do manually. 

Edited by Miltz

6 minutes ago, Miltz said:

I just did the update via the photos app. It took less than 5 minutes. Unfortunately it didn’t save my user profiles, even though I said yes to save them. Unless I’m doing something wrong here. 

You need to import them manually after firmware update is finished

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BobsFirstLeica said:

I recall the last update was designed to improve startup time.  The question is what the startup time will be AFTER the cam has been sitting unused for 24 hours.  That's when many found out after the last update the startup time had really not changed.  That's why in my use, I always turn the Q3 on then off a little before its intended use.  

So, please respond in this thread tomorrow after your cam has sat for a long while and report the startup time.  I will wait to update via SD card.  My first update months ago using the FOTOS app almost resulted in a bricked cam.

Bob

The 1.3.0 firmware update did not list startup time improvement, but 2.0.2 does. Keeping my fingers crossed. Will test it in 24 hours.

Traveling today so will report back the changes. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!