Leica SL firmware 4.1

AZN

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just got an email from Leica Australia that there's a firmware update for the Leica SL (typ 601).  Version 4.1

Unfortunately, the link to download the firmware in the email is 404 broken, but a bit of web-search magic and found it on the Leica US downloads page:

Downloads | Leica Camera US (leica-camera.com)

Seems to be mainly focused on SL series lens firmware updates.

Caveat – haven't installed it yet. 

EXTENDED FUNCTIONALITY

Support: LEICA USB-C DC Coupler DC-SCL6

Lens-Profile: Leica Summicron-M 28 f/2 ASPH.

Plus a load of lens firmware updates.

I didn't know a DC-SCL6 existed until a few minutes ago. It's probably not something I'll use but I'm just delighted to have a firmware update for my SL 601 (which I love).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just tried installing SL601 Firmware 4.1. When dragged to the SD card can see it loading and ends with a PING .... but when trying to load firmware to the camera receive message "NO FIRMWARE FOUND" . Will reformat SD card & try the USA version. Tried two freshly formatted SD cards so far. 

EDIT: The Leica USA Firmware 4.1 update is fine.  See #1 above. 

The update advice received via email earlier today links to a dodgy download

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

vor 16 Minuten schrieb gu_al:

@TeleElmar135mm same here. Camera is now on 4.1 but no changes on lens firmware, still 3.0. Even it says there's updates for all lenses, strange...

My "sandwich"-son is informatic ingenieur - perhaps he can help Leica with their FW - perhaps also with the M11 :) 

Maybe it's the same FW as the SLLens10 (08.12.2023) from red dot forum? I installed this one some weeks ago.

1 hour ago, dkCambridgeshire said:

Just tried installing SL601 Firmware 4.1. When dragged to the SD card can see it loading and ends with a PING .... but when trying to load firmware to the camera receive message "NO FIRMWARE FOUND" . Will reformat SD card & try the USA version. Tried two freshly formatted SD cards so far. 

EDIT: The Leica USA Firmware 4.1 update is fine.  See #1 above. 

The update advice received via email earlier today links to a dodgy download

Further Edit:  When I attached the SL 24-90mm, a lens firmware update commenced which took maybe 5 minutes . Lens firmware is 3.0; no idea what lens firmware was installed previously. 

My lens firmware was v. 4.0 before the camera FW update to 4.1. The 4.1 update didn't change the lens firmware for either the 35 or 90 SLAPO. Camera firmware update wasn't a problem - it even prompted me to re-load the profiles I'd saved to the card at the outset of the process.

Posted (edited)

It's so great so see Leica still supporting this great camera from 2015. Appears the new firmware adds support for the recently released APO Summicron 21mm. Would love to see some photos of this lens on the OG SL. :)

Edited by geddon_jt
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Initially firmware 4.0 for SL 601 fully supports all my SL lenses eg. SL 16-35, SL 24-90, SL 90-280, SL 100-400 & SL50. With the available downloaded firmware 4.1, the camera indicated 4.1 and with attached lens SL 16-35, it indicated lens 4.0……eventually it can’t read this lens. Thus the only lens not able to AF focus….. Counter tested this SL 16-35 lens into camera SL2, indicated camera firmware 6.0 and lens 4.0….working fine AF focus. Appreciate anyone advice or guidance to solve this issue of my SL601 with 16-35 lens.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by WanFK
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The current lens firmware is 4.0 - the number didn't change with the camera firmware update. They are two different numbers. If your 16-35 is now not autofocusing after the update, you ought to let Leica know about it.

Edited by Chuck Albertson

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Chuck Albertson said:

The current lens firmware is 4.0 - the number didn't change with the camera firmware update. They are two different numbers. If your 16-35 is now not autofocusing after the update, you ought to let Leica know about it.

Hi Bro,

Thank you and appreciated for your prompt advice. I have wrote to one of Leica CS Officer and stated all the issues, attachments of photos also. Hopefully he can further advice or assist….

FYI….infact only this SL 16-35 lens is having the issue. Even other 8 of my Leica S lens AF are working fine with SL601.

Edited by WanFK

On 3/15/2024 at 1:39 PM, geddon_jt said:

It's so great so see Leica still supporting this great camera from 2015. ... :)

I agree; until you try to download it.  Link broken.  Go to Leica-camera website.  Support page well hidden.  No firmware 4.1 for SL(601) on the downloads page.

Jesus wept!

Posted (edited)
vor 37 Minuten schrieb IkarusJohn:

I agree; until you try to download it.  Link broken.  Go to Leica-camera website.  Support page well hidden.  No firmware 4.1 for SL(601) on the downloads page.

Jesus wept!

Look here:

https://leica-camera.com/de-DE/downloads?download_area_category=1171&download_area_subcategory=1127&field_media_document_language=985

The second one ...

Edited by TeleElmar135mm
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 4:11 AM, WanFK said:

Initially firmware 4.0 for SL 601 fully supports all my SL lenses eg. SL 16-35, SL 24-90, SL 90-280, SL 100-400 & SL50. With the available downloaded firmware 4.1, the camera indicated 4.1 and with attached lens SL 16-35, it indicated lens 4.0……eventually it can’t read this lens. Thus the only lens not able to AF focus….. Counter tested this SL 16-35 lens into camera SL2, indicated camera firmware 6.0 and lens 4.0….working fine AF focus. Appreciate anyone advice or guidance to solve this issue of my SL601 with 16-35 lens.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I have updated all my SL Lens firmware to Ver. 4.0  by SL3.

And install firmware 4.1 to SL601, finished successfully.

SL601(4.1) + 16-35(4.0) work well, no AF issue.