M10 Monochrom availability {merged}

onasj

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 1/26/2020 at 9:32 AM, BrnDslWgn said:

Here in the Bay Area patiently waiting. Had anyone received on from the San Francisco Leica store yet? Thanks!

On 1/26/2020 at 12:45 PM, Likaleica said:

Like you, I live in the middle of nowhere, but I've asked a few people who live in the west coast cities where there is either a Leica store, a store that carries Leica, or both.  So far, none of the people who have received a camera got it from the local store.  They all got it from Leica USA, so that might be your best bet.  Having said that, I prefer to support local stores and for a few decades have been buying from either Camera West or Leica Store SF (both under same business) (750 miles is the closest Leica store to me).  Other great stores I have used are Leica Stores LA and Bellevue, Popflash Photo, and Leica Stores Miami and Boston.  I'm sure other stores are great, but these are the ones I've dealt with over the years, even for little things, and have been very pleased.

I am on a list at Camera West / Leica SF but have yet to receive a camera or notice of a camera.  I'm fine with waiting.

Hal at Camera West called me on Tues the 21st to let me know mine was en route. We opened it together on Thurs the 23rd when it arrived. He mentioned that I was first on his list. 

I got a call from Leica Bellevue on Monday the 27th as I was on their list as well. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

8 hours ago, calijax said:

Hal at Camera West called me on Tues the 21st to let me know mine was en route. We opened it together on Thurs the 23rd when it arrived. He mentioned that I was first on his list. 

I got a call from Leica Bellevue on Monday the 27th as I was on their list as well. 

Congratulations! Can't wait for them to get more in. 

• Like 1

Looks like cameras are dribbling into UK independent dealers one at a time. Got mine today as I was first on their waiting list, but that was their lot done.

UK stock arrived without a UK power cord - just 12V and C7 to CEE 7/16 ( Europlug ) , C7 to C7 NEMA 1-15 ( US ); but I did have a M10 battery charged and waiting ;-).

• Like 2

Considering the probably world wide demand for the M10-M it looks like Leica is churning them out pretty well. What is it? Less than a couple of weeks now and supplies seem to be quite ok, well ok for Leica that is...........Mine came last week and it wasn't even on order, my regular Leica shop called and asked me if I wanted it. Most likely Leica is trying to sell as many as possible before the rumoured M10-R hits and swings buyers away from the Monochrom.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just checked with Clifton Cameras as to whether there was any sign of my order - not too surprisingly the answer was no.  Out of curiosity I had a look at Leica UK's on-line store and it showed the Monochrom as available.  Call me a Doubting Thomas but before completing the online order form, I emailed them to confirm there really were cameras available. There was a quick response - yes they had stock.  Hastily clicked on the payment button and then had another email congratulating me on bagging the last one. Phew!  Should be with me by mid-week. :)

Haven't been this excited about a new camera for years!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

I just checked with Clifton Cameras as to whether there was any sign of my order - not too surprisingly the answer was no.  Out of curiosity I had a look at Leica UK's on-line store and it showed the Monochrom as available.  Call me a Doubting Thomas but before completing the online order form, I emailed them to confirm there really were cameras available. There was a quick response - yes they had stock.  Hastily clicked on the payment button and then had another email congratulating me on bagging the last one. Phew!  Should be with me by mid-week. :)

Haven't been this excited about a new camera for years!

I had a similar experience. While I would have loved to support my local DC Leica store, which is where I got my M10-P, they had me "in the top 10" on the list and no fulfillment in sight. When I saw on this forum that Leica USA had them, I jumped on it. I have a daughter who is just 20 days old, so getting my camera a couple of weeks back was the difference in covering her first days with the Monochrom...or not. Glad I got it!

Edited by mikejettphotography
  • Like 1

Ordered late Monday, left Germany late Tuesday, delivered (UK) Thursday morning. :)  Now waiting for the battery to charge (there wasn't even enough in it to turn the camera on).  Luckily I have a UK charging lead as none is supplied!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Keith (M)
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff S said:

It’s rumored that bodies with Leica script will be available on a limited basis, at the same price.

https://leicarumors.com/2020/02/05/new-leica-m10-monochrom-leitz-wetzlar-limited-edition-camera-coming-next-week.aspx/

Jeff

I love the aesthetic of the standard M10M with no painted engravings (except the dials). So very sleek. 

People like the special releases though but I’d pass on this one. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Keith (M) said:

Ordered late Monday, left Germany late Tuesday, delivered (UK) Thursday morning. :)  Now waiting for the battery to charge (there wasn't even enough in it to turn the camera on).  Luckily I have a UK charging lead as none is supplied!

Golly, that was fast - did you order direct from Wetzlar?