M10 Monochrom availability {merged}

onasj

12 hours ago, snooper said:

The one I was supposed to get from Marc :-))) Profite bien !!! 😉

Héhéhé thé world is so small.😊

Actually Marc told when when I called him last week few hours before the launch that a very good client was also very interested but was not 100% sure which I was. Can you imagine that when I came to retrieve the camera I immediately noticed that  rangefinder was not perfectly calibrated, then you thank yourself buying in this very retailer who can fix it within minutes and not send back to Wetzlar for weeks 😜

if your are seriously interested I would suggest you to confirm your order, this is probably the best camera I have ever had,, no problem to get perfect focus with the rangefinder (when perfectly calibrated) and so much room to process or shooting with an incredible quality up to 12,5k iso (even 25k is very good tough you loose a bit in resolving power). Marc told me he already ordered a second one which should arrive within few days.

Bonne journée 

Edited by benaparis
  • Like 1

Am 22.1.2020 um 11:59 schrieb snooper:

It's not an absolute point of view, but rather a subjective and personal feeling. I am no pro at all, so my words aren't worth a dime. But to my eyes, the dynamic range of this camera is shifted down way too much. I haven't seen a single file with acceptable highlights AND lowlights.                                 
[...]

I agree.  Took some test shots in the store.  I was told that new FW (2.12.8.0) available now should fix this.  I will install it tonight and compare the files to the M 246 if I can find the right light.  It’s been one big grey sky here for a long time. Otherwise I’ll use test shots at night.  I will likely post links to download the DNGs of both. Alternatively, I may do SL2 + APO 50 Summicron-SL vs. M10M + APO 50 Summicron-M instead of comparing it to the M 246.

That would be very interesting. They sent me some DNGs yesterday and I was really perplex. To get something correct, the LR sliders needed to be all the way up or down.. I did not take the said pics, but I can post the OOC export and the LR corrected version, as I really wonder if I'm the only one having a doubt on these files...

Am 22.1.2020 um 11:59 schrieb snooper:

It's not an absolute point of view, but rather a subjective and personal feeling. I am no pro at all, so my words aren't worth a dime. But to my eyes, the dynamic range of this camera is shifted down way too much. I haven't seen a single file with acceptable highlights AND lowlights. All what I've seen are acceptable/good lowlights. In short, I'm not impressed at all with the files produced. Had both previous Mono iterations, and feel these M10M files are even more "in a corner" than the 246 ones. So I 'll be waiting to see once there is a proper camera profile in LR, or a firmware release... In the meantime, the unit I ordered back in September is available in Paris 🙂

Attached is my very first simple pic back in the days with one of the first M9M. There is no correction or very little, and the JPG export does not do any justice. But blacks are black, whites are white, and everything in between is detailed. I did not see that in the files I've seen so fare from M10M.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

a wonderful natural casual portrait

On 1/23/2020 at 4:32 PM, _Olivier said:

I pre-ordered from Leica Store Miami on Sunday. Called them today to get a rough estimate and was told it could be 4 to 8 months. Does that sound right? 

That has been my experience with them...they just receive far too many pre-orders. Try other dealers and you will find one in stock.

On 1/24/2020 at 9:50 AM, snooper said:

That would be very interesting. They sent me some DNGs yesterday and I was really perplex. To get something correct, the LR sliders needed to be all the way up or down.. I did not take the said pics, but I can post the OOC export and the LR corrected version, as I really wonder if I'm the only one having a doubt on these files...

I have no such issues, nor did I on earlier fw

• Like 1

Would like to order M10M but was wondering if Leica shops get preferential treatment in numbers of units shipped and availability over the “Super” stores in NYC? I too support local stores, but would like to get the new version (own MM1) a bit sooner than 6-8 mo. Do members often call as many shops as they can to check if they have the camera? If no dice, will they let you know if they expect shipment and where you are on wait list? 

44 minutes ago, psmith2383 said:

Would like to order M10M but was wondering if Leica shops get preferential treatment in numbers of units shipped and availability over the “Super” stores in NYC? I too support local stores, but would like to get the new version (own MM1) a bit sooner than 6-8 mo. Do members often call as many shops as they can to check if they have the camera? If no dice, will they let you know if they expect shipment and where you are on wait list? 

Like you, I live in the middle of nowhere, but I've asked a few people who live in the west coast cities where there is either a Leica store, a store that carries Leica, or both.  So far, none of the people who have received a camera got it from the local store.  They all got it from Leica USA, so that might be your best bet.  Having said that, I prefer to support local stores and for a few decades have been buying from either Camera West or Leica Store SF (both under same business) (750 miles is the closest Leica store to me).  Other great stores I have used are Leica Stores LA and Bellevue, Popflash Photo, and Leica Stores Miami and Boston.  I'm sure other stores are great, but these are the ones I've dealt with over the years, even for little things, and have been very pleased.

I am on a list at Camera West / Leica SF but have yet to receive a camera or notice of a camera.  I'm fine with waiting.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Likaleica said:

Like you, I live in the middle of nowhere, but I've asked a few people who live in the west coast cities where there is either a Leica store, a store that carries Leica, or both.  So far, none of the people who have received a camera got it from the local store.  They all got it from Leica USA, so that might be your best bet.  Having said that, I prefer to support local stores and for a few decades have been buying from either Camera West or Leica Store SF (both under same business) (750 miles is the closest Leica store to me).  Other great stores I have used are Leica Stores LA and Bellevue, Popflash Photo, and Leica Stores Miami and Boston.  I'm sure other stores are great, but these are the ones I've dealt with over the years, even for little things, and have been very pleased.

I am on a list at Camera West / Leica SF but have yet to receive a camera or notice of a camera.  I'm fine with waiting.

Hello Tim, so Leica didn't let you keep the "test" camera....that's a shame.

So I'm an ocean away but I do agree with you that to shop as "locally" as possible is to be preferred. I have a Leica dealership in Bordeaux that's some 200kms from my home in the Aveyron but like you I too prefer to support "local" if possible and I've dealt with them for items large in value and small, ( if ever a Leica "bit" could ever be small in price! ), and even though I can legitimately buy in the US as I do have a home there and travel back now and again I did in fact try to find one through US dealers that would be deliverable for a planned working visit in March. One advantage of buying in the US would be that I'd would save on the VAT that's ubiquitous throughout Europe. However I have bought my M10, the M10-D and other assorted Leica bits through the Bordeaux store over the past few years and maybe that kind of loyalty does pay off because I got an "out of the blue" call from them at the weekend to ask if I'd like to have a M10-M.....They received one on Friday and even though they had a short waiting list for the camera they decided to offer it to a "loyal" customer first.

How long do you think I thought about it?

Then at the same time the March visit was cancelled as the production moved to Europe, so maybe this was all a cosmic nudge. The M10-M should be in hand this week before I travel again which is good news.......Now, it's going to be interesting to see if I will keep the well loved, ( except for the shutter noise ), MM1. I think I will.

Cheers!

6 hours ago, petermullett said:

Hello Tim, so Leica didn't let you keep the "test" camera....that's a shame.

So I'm an ocean away but I do agree with you that to shop as "locally" as possible is to be preferred. I have a Leica dealership in Bordeaux that's some 200kms from my home in the Aveyron but like you I too prefer to support "local" if possible and I've dealt with them for items large in value and small, ( if ever a Leica "bit" could ever be small in price! ), and even though I can legitimately buy in the US as I do have a home there and travel back now and again I did in fact try to find one through US dealers that would be deliverable for a planned working visit in March. One advantage of buying in the US would be that I'd would save on the VAT that's ubiquitous throughout Europe. However I have bought my M10, the M10-D and other assorted Leica bits through the Bordeaux store over the past few years and maybe that kind of loyalty does pay off because I got an "out of the blue" call from them at the weekend to ask if I'd like to have a M10-M.....They received one on Friday and even though they had a short waiting list for the camera they decided to offer it to a "loyal" customer first.

How long do you think I thought about it?

Then at the same time the March visit was cancelled as the production moved to Europe, so maybe this was all a cosmic nudge. The M10-M should be in hand this week before I travel again which is good news.......Now, it's going to be interesting to see if I will keep the well loved, ( except for the shutter noise ), MM1. I think I will.

Cheers!

Keeping the MM1 is my dilemma as well.  I'm afraid it will become just a sentimental museum piece on my shelf, but I vowed I would never part with "Henri."  

Yes, sending the camera back was very difficult, especially since it was number P01/15.  But at least an image of it is now my avatar.

15 minutes ago, pedaes said:

I think GLC is looking to make a profit equal to sales tax as I read him

Yes, I am.  

22 minutes ago, petermullett said:

couldn't you just return whichever one is unopened for a full refund?

See pedaes comment.