SL3 Availability

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A large retailer here in the UK has yet to receive any SL3 stock and is not expecting any until sometime in April. It seems quite a lot of what there was went to Leica stores as you might expect.

After the initial inventory was snatched up. The store I shop at has rolled out the standard Leica doesn’t tell anyone when to expect shipments. They said in the past they’ve received a couple cameras a month. 
I’m sure the number varies, but I’m guessing the frequency of the shipments is spot on. 

On 3/15/2024 at 2:01 PM, Mr WelshB said:

A large retailer here in the UK has yet to receive any SL3 stock and is not expecting any until sometime in April. It seems quite a lot of what there was went to Leica stores as you might expect.

Probably true and as a result that is why when I want a new item I order through a Leica Store first.

On 3/13/2024 at 10:27 PM, davidmknoble said:

Just curious, do you think the power button will turn on accidentally when packed in a cube or suitcase?  I’m back and forth on it, but I understand why they made the change.  Just curious what you think.

Not to be an issue as it is recessed a bit and requires a finger type of push to activate. Suitcase! Good luck seeing it when retrieving suitcase from the conveyer belt.

If worried about that just remove battery for travel.

I asked the Leica Boston store how many they had received for first day delivery and they said they couldn't say.  But there were a lot of us picking up our new SL3s.

B&H seems to get a small number, and will not take any orders before the official opening time.  So they keep the reputation of having Leica stock.  Popflash, nice guys in a distant state, so they don't charge me sales tax, had enough people ahead of me in their queue so I passed on them.  Boston Leica did have the charger kits and second batteries in stock when I went back there today.  

• Like 2

Leica will do a special SL3 introduction in Wetzlar next week. As I may get invited, I asked wether there would be an opportunity to also pick one up. They said they will not have a SL3 to sell next week and did not say when volume shipment is expected. So it may take some time.

• Like 1

The Adorama website says Leica will next ship them 4/14/24:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
Am 21.3.2024 um 13:46 schrieb la1402:

Leica will do a special SL3 introduction in Wetzlar next week. As I may get invited, I asked wether there would be an opportunity to also pick one up. They said they will not have a SL3 to sell next week and did not say when volume shipment is expected. So it may take some time.

I will visit that event, too, and I was wondering if they will have cameras for sale. But I knew from the past that they do such events without cameras in stock. They did an analog experience day before the M6 when the MP was back ordered for months, but the event was great. But it's a nice way to get at least my hand on the new camera and some information. 

Edited by AlexK76

51 minutes ago, AlexK76 said:

I will visit that event, too, and I was wondering if they will have cameras for sale. But I knew from the past that they do such events without cameras in stock. They did an analog experience day before the M6 when the MP was back ordered for months, but the event was great. But it's a nice way to get at least my hand on the new camera and some information. 

Enjoy! I eventually did not get a place 🙃 but will have my SL3 on monday that I can play with while watching the livestream 😁

• Like 2

Am 23.3.2024 um 13:40 schrieb la1402:

Enjoy! I eventually did not get a place 🙃 but will have my SL3 on monday that I can play with while watching the livestream 😁

I thought that I didn't get a ticket, too, before I checked my mail spam folder 😉 Maybe you are lucky too. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AlexK76 said:

I thought that I didn't get a ticket, too, before I checked my mail spam folder 😉 Maybe you are lucky too. 

I hope you enjoyed it! I did get an email informing me about not getting a seat and referring to tomorrow’s live stream. But I could use the time to pick up my SL3 in my local Leica Gallery 😎. I’m actually sitting on another SL3 in a sealed box that I will have to send back before Easter to a online shop if no one wants it 😉.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb JohnSantaF4:

When will availability improve? 

it's absolut normal they need some time to fullfill all orders - but in case of SL3 it looks very strange because they switched back to production of SL2-S when starting shipment of first batch SL3, so no new SL3 since this time; very strange...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MediaFotografie said:

it's absolut normal they need some time to fullfill all orders - but in case of SL3 it looks very strange because they switched back to production of SL2-S when starting shipment of first batch SL3, so no new SL3 since this time; very strange...

Most new Leica lenses and bodies follow the same pattern: the first batch goes to pre-orders, and later orders are fulfilled as stock comes in. After a few months they are available from stock at major retailers. They could build more before the initial release date, but that would mean delaying the release.

I hadn't heard that they "switched back to production of the SL2-S." Leica is usually very shy about what's on the production line at any given time.

• Like 2

vor 16 Minuten schrieb BernardC:

I hadn't heard that they "switched back to production of the SL2-S." Leica is usually very shy about what's on the production line at any given time.

that's true - but this time they had invited a lot of Youtubers to Wetzlar and many of these are telling this story

• Like 1