SL3 Availability

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well, just had notification from the UK retailer I mentioned in an earlier post that my camera shipped today. That's earlier than I thought it would be. I was, however, first on their list.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mr WelshB said:

Well, just had notification from the UK retailer I mentioned in an earlier post that my camera shipped today. That's earlier than I thought it would be. I was, however, first on their list.

That's great - congratulations!

I spoke with a local Leica store yesterday, and they mentioned that after the initial SL3 batch release on March 7, they went into inventory mode and froze shipments, but they just finished up inventory and were hoping shipments would resume this week. Sounds like they already have!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr WelshB said:

Why, thank you Geronimosan, it really does beat an Easter Egg!

Ha - well at least take some Easter Egg samples pictures with it and share those samples out (so those of us still waiting can live vicariously through you :D )!

I got called by the Leica shop asking when I wanted to pick one up and I said in 12 months or so - maybe maybe not - this is the first M or SL camera I haven't picked up day 1 - surprised myself almost as much as my dealer - I think the second knob on top may be a knob too far away from the SL aesthetic I love in SL and SL2. When I am comparing a 100MP system(s) pricing as equivalent to the SL3 - my GAS syndrome is deflated as far as 60 megapixel 35mm format cameras go. I have no doubt that the SL3 is a great camera though 10 megapixels better than the SL2.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

25 minutes ago, PeterGA said:

I got called by the Leica shop asking when I wanted to pick one up and I said in 12 months or so - maybe maybe not - this is the first M or SL camera I haven't picked up day 1 - surprised myself almost as much as my dealer - I think the second knob on top may be a knob too far away from the SL aesthetic I love in SL and SL2. When I am comparing a 100MP system(s) pricing as equivalent to the SL3 - my GAS syndrome is deflated as far as 60 megapixel 35mm format cameras go. I have no doubt that the SL3 is a great camera though 10 megapixels better than the SL2.

Yeah, I haven’t sold the SL2 yet….

• Like 1

I walked into a camera store in Sydney and picked up my second SL3 immediately. No order. No waiting list. I did have it on order at the Leica Store so I need to cancel that. SO they are in Oz, redily available outside the Leica Stores. I guess everybody thought the stores would get all the stock and it appears in Oz the regular dealers actually got some.

Gordon

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FlashGordonPhotography said:

I walked into a camera store in Sydney and picked up my second SL3 immediately. No order. No waiting list. I did have it on order at the Leica Store so I need to cancel that. SO they are in Oz, redily available outside the Leica Stores. I guess everybody thought the stores would get all the stock and it appears in Oz the regular dealers actually got some.

Gordon

Life is good down under

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I would imagine the next round of SL3 stock into Australia will be massive! So you bought a second one Flash? There must be something you like about them, good luck to you.   

Edited by Ken Abrahams

On 3/26/2024 at 12:44 PM, Mr WelshB said:

Congrats. It is a marvelous camera.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 7:10 PM, FlashGordonPhotography said:

Gordon

Very interesting to hear. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...