SL3 Availability

If you did not preorder when SL3 was a slight rumor, you will have to wait. My dealer received 3 on the launch day and has 20 spoken for. Leica is still trying to fulfill all the Q3 orders.

8 hours ago, jiggyb21 said:

I ordered from B+H at 9:02 AM Thursday and it just shipped. 

I received the order confirmation email at 6:00am PT (so checkout took less than 60 seconds for me), paid for overnight shipping, and I have it in hand today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mboerma said:

I put myself on the list of Leica Store Amsterdam on the 2nd of March and could buy one at launch. 

Been a Leica Amsterdam Store customer ( albeit I’m from Portugal ) for the last two years and they have been stellar.

Put my interest in around the 20th of Feb, they ordered a camera for me - in transit to Lisbon as we speak :)

Superb staff , reaching them always for my Leica “needs” :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, counselor440 said:

I ordered at 9:07 and I'm still waiting lol.

That stinks. It was listed as “in stock” when I clicked buy to process the transaction. It spun for a few moments and then returned an error and it was then immediately listed as “preorder” or “pending” or something similar.  Once the order was placed it was shown in my orders as “pending” and it said I would be notified once they received stock of the camera. Then the next morning it was listed as “processing” and it shipped that afternoon. 

All this to say I think I ended up right at the very end of the initial stock and maybe received one someone cancelled or something. I bet they receive a second large order any day now. Hope you get yours soon. Between the ISO dial, the back buttons moving over and the weight savings, I think I can safely say it’s perfect for me. And it took me all of 24hrs to prefer the power button over the toggle. 

Hope you get yours soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, jiggyb21 said:

That stinks. It was listed as “in stock” when I clicked buy to process the transaction. It spun for a few moments and then returned an error and it was then immediately listed as “preorder” or “pending” or something similar.  Once the order was placed it was shown in my orders as “pending” and it said I would be notified once they received stock of the camera. Then the next morning it was listed as “processing” and it shipped that afternoon. 

All this to say I think I ended up right at the very end of the initial stock and maybe received one someone cancelled or something. I bet they receive a second large order any day now. Hope you get yours soon. Between the ISO dial, the back buttons moving over and the weight savings, I think I can safely say it’s perfect for me. And it took me all of 24hrs to prefer the power button over the toggle. 

Hope you get yours soon. 

Yeah I’m hopeful too!   I love my sl2-S, but really looking forward to this one. 

On 3/12/2024 at 5:01 PM, jiggyb21 said:

And it took me all of 24hrs to prefer the power button over the toggle. 

Just curious, do you think the power button will turn on accidentally when packed in a cube or suitcase?  I’m back and forth on it, but I understand why they made the change.  Just curious what you think.

Posted (edited)

The big soft rim around the viewfinder looks like it will protect the power button, so wrap some cloth around the camera before you stuff it in a suitcase.  And even if it does turn on, the camera is pretty smart about conserving power when it is doing nothing.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, davidmknoble said:

Just curious, do you think the power button will turn on accidentally when packed in a cube or suitcase?  I’m back and forth on it, but I understand why they made the change.  Just curious what you think.

It takes a firm enough press and is more or less flush with the body that I think it would have to be some pretty bad luck to get pressed. A blunt object wouldn’t do it. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Manicouagan1 said:

Does anybody know of an available SL3 currently in the Untied States?

I think if you call around the local Leica stores, they may have stock.  It seems that Leica themselves have more stock of at least the accessories, for the SL3 than third party stores.  Typically you can't buy any Leica gear from local stores online, which I think somewhat calms the backorder process a bit.  With that said, it may be backordered a lot more now that it's been a couple of weeks or so.

• Like 1