LEICA 100th Anniversary M & MP [merged]

LUF Admin

Except for the rewind crank, how is this different from an M4*?

the material

M4 = brass

M-A =steel

;):D

[i own a M4-P - and today I see I´am still up todate and state of the art in equipment :D ]

• Like 5

Must admit I've always wondered if it's possible to order a totally electronic-free MP - but thought Leica's premium for leaving out stuff would probably make it too expensive. :o

Think they'd sell a bunch of them if they released a 'workhorse' version of this camera though - at a reasonable price... :rolleyes:

PS: must say I'm almost hypnotized by that product shot...

The MM is now available in silver chrome but the MM that is part of the set is stainless steel like the M-A.

They should sell the M-A in silver chrome at a lower cost than the M-P but I doubt that will ever happen.

The price of the M4 has risen in the past two years. Guess this will boost it more. Nice. Of course I use my camera equipment. Never understood the collectors mentality especially for stuff priced for collectors, meaning it will take years before the bid/offer moves to a profit position. How are those titanium M9s doing? More than 40% above original selling price?

Frankly, isn't clear if the LENS is new... or the macro ring only... :o : but is a smart design with a bit of the flavor of certain old Leitz accessories : you can mount the macro ring, mount on it the lens COLLAPSED and use it as a std. 90 with infinity focusing (but, focusing through EVF/LV only, seems to me... differently from the "old" goggle unit for the Macro Elmar 90, apparently this ring does not act on the rangefinder) ; the smart idea is to profit from the "extensibility" of the collapsible Elmar to obtain a set that, without mounting/dismounting devices, does allow continuous focusing from infinity to 1:2 ratio (the same as the Macro Elmarit 100 for R...)

In practice... it's a sort of modern OUFRO... even if the length can be different... and correctly, they say that the ring is usable as macro adapter for other focals too...

Edited by luigi bertolotti

All the more reason to send my M3 to Solms for a bath in their spa and never ever think of parting with it.

Since they only have to sell 101 of these, I bet they will, but the cost of tooling up in stainless steel (what grade, I wonder, there are many) for a limited run will guarantee a (very) high price.

The f1.4 28mm is something I could lust after, however. :D

• Like 1

...but the cost of tooling up in stainless steel (what grade, I wonder, there are many) for a limited run will guarantee a (very) high price.

You think that's expensive, imagine the tooling cost to make the M9 Titanium! :eek::D

Second thought:

Agreed, it's a beautiful design, the stainless steel is a brilliant idea.

The likely price point and elitism behind less so.

Wonder if some of the brilliant part could feed into a serial production?

Alexander

Edited by xalo
likely

I don't know if you all feel the same. Very disappointed with Leica's today announcement . They launched 100th anniversary M and MP only limited to 101 unites. They are targeting 101 super rich celebrities (no offense) who will only keep the camera in their draws or shelves. And ignored all Day To Day photographers who flood LFI form and other forms with their images and are back bone of Leica and it's accessories. I don't know how many of you can afford this but I am sure you all are reason why Leica still exists. Had Leica made M240 or M9 with 100th anniversary LOGO I m sure most of us would have loved to put our hands on it and keep it as a collection and feel part of this so called "LEICA FAMILY" ... And selling it as a set is a very cle chia to focus on top deep pocket "May be Leica Users"

I love to use my Leica and will continue using it. But will also share this with all.

u6unyme2.jpgaty9y4av.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2