T/TL/TL2 image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

'Wild wet-backed juvenile' . . . (title chosen in recognition of tritentrue's fantastic wildlife birds!)

My grandson taken with 35 1.4 TL

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by ropo54
  • Like 6

Brighton Belle.

• Like 7

T + 11-23mm @ISO 3200

Suissegas building, Lugano

Edited by JPP1
  • Like 6

A blue day on Lake Michigan!

Just back from Chicago. This is my first shot from this beautiful city, and some more will follow soon.

T + 18-56

• Like 9

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Tony, what did you tell her? You made her blush!...!

Hi Louis, Brighton is a fantastic place for photography, you would love it. Much risque and artistic happenings. And more beautiful people and characters than you can point your camera at. This was pretty much a grab shot from the hip, expecting the camera to do the business . Just missed the focus( my fault ) but I liked the shot/ atmosphere. Tony.

PS. I never do anything to embarrass a lady. ☺ .

• Like 1

Chicago River

leica T + 18-56

• Like 8

Shooting with a TL using the  Summilux-TL 1:1.4/35 ASPH.   ISI 100, f/1.4 1/64  I love this prime lens.

• Like 13

Here is a second shot taken with the macro lens in the early evening.

• Like 12

Dinner in Cleveland, Ohio

Leica T + 18-56

ISO 400, F/6.3, 1/160"

Edited by Louis
  • Like 8

Continuing Leica T / Vixen Fluorite 810mm f9 astro telescope with Leitz 2x APO extender R experiment as per https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/226003-post-your-t-shots-here/?p=3345299:

Greylag Goose and Lapwings at Deepings Lakes Nature Reserve Lincs UK.  Effective focal length 2430mm (810 x1.5 x 2);  1/500 f18 ISO 800 at approx 100m distance from the fence hide.

dunk

• Like 8

I did the video course today at half price. I did learn a few things I had not already figured out. I'll probably do some of the chapters again. I have had the TL camera for three months and use it every day. It is intuitive and I have read the manual a few times. Still, it is interesting to have a real pro talk specifically about the camera and how he uses it. In the workshops I've attended this summer, it is all Cannon and Nikon, so it is good to have some camera specific support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Continuing Leica T / Vixen Fluorite 810mm f9 astro telescope with Leitz 2x APO extender R experiment as per https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/226003-post-your-t-shots-here/?p=3345299:

attachicon.gifGreylag-rslf810mm-Leica-T-Leica-with-&-without-APO-R-2x_2017-08-28_3393_1280-RSLF.jpg

Greylag Goose and Lapwings at Deepings Lakes Nature Reserve Lincs UK.  Effective focal length 2430mm (810 x1.5 x 2);  1/500 f18 ISO 800 at approx 100m distance from the fence hide.

dunk

The experiment results in a lens with an effective focal length of 2430mm which is too long for comfort at relatively short distances i.e. under 150m. The 2430mm focal length would be fine for long distance architecture e.g. several miles distant … but for relatively small birds at 100m to 200m distance the DOF is too shallow … even at f18.   Until now I haven't been able to use the Leitz APO 1.4x R extender at the chosen location because its protruding front element would not clear my relatively narrow internal diameter Bausch & Lomb T2 tube when using the Vixen 'scope as a camera lens. Today I received a new wider internal diameter Baader T2 tube which is compatible with the 1.4x extender - thus hopeful of better results when using the 'scope as a 'shorter' FF equiv. 1701mm focal length with the T camera.  

The 42mm T2 thread tubes and 42mm T2 thread camera adapters have been standard accessories for all types of telescopes, cameras and lenses for many years https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-mount   … and should not be confused with Leica T series cameras . However, it's possible that a Leica TL/SL  T2 adapter might be available … but for my application I'm using a Leica R T2 adapter plus a Novoflex R to T adapter

dunk

• Like 3

I did the video course today at half price. I did learn a few things I had not already figured out. I'll probably do some of the chapters again. I have had the TL camera for three months and use it every day. It is intuitive and I have read the manual a few times. Still, it is interesting to have a real pro talk specifically about the camera and how he uses it. In the workshops I've attended this summer, it is all Cannon and Nikon, so it is good to have some camera specific support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you referring to Thorstens course?

The experiment results in a lens with an effective focal length of 2430mm which is too long for comfort at relatively short distances i.e. under 150m. The 2430mm focal length would be fine for long distance architecture e.g. several miles distant … but for relatively small birds at 100m to 200m distance the DOF is too shallow … even at f18.   Until now I haven't been able to use the Leitz APO 1.4x R extender at the chosen location because its protruding front element would not clear my relatively narrow internal diameter Bausch & Lomb T2 tube when using the Vixen 'scope as a camera lens. Today I received a new wider internal diameter Baader T2 tube which is compatible with the 1.4x extender - thus hopeful of better results when using the 'scope as a 'shorter' FF equiv. 1701mm focal length with the T camera.  

The 42mm T2 thread tubes and 42mm T2 thread camera adapters have been standard accessories for all types of telescopes, cameras and lenses for many years https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-mount   … and should not be confused with Leica T series cameras . However, it's possible that a Leica TL/SL  T2 adapter might be available … but for my application I'm using a Leica R T2 adapter plus a Novoflex R to T adapter

dunk

I look forward to seeing the results. You deserve the award for Most Fearless Adapter Of Lenses On The Forum

• Like 1

Garden Spider

T/55-135 (much cropped)

• Like 16