CL - The Image Thread

The night shot jpeg does seem to have lost detail, especially in highlights, so perhaps a bit more work by Leica on this.  RAW and LR would seem to be the better option at the moment, still very envious of you however.

It was neither Christ nor Santa. It was a dealer who let him walk out of the store with a demo version and take a shot :-)

Yes I figured!  I'm about to sell some equipment and have put my name down with the local Leica Store.  Any Day Now.

That first one suggests all sorts of fun to be had with the CL and long SL zoom!

There is all sorts of fun to be had - what isn't to like about a 420mm f4? The focusing is fast and apparently the tracking is good as well (not tried it myself, but I will).

It's a really fun camera - and gets to be more and more good fun the more you explore.

• Like 3

There is all sorts of fun to be had - what isn't to like about a 420mm f4? The focusing is fast and apparently the tracking is good as well (not tried it myself, but I will).

It's a really fun camera - and gets to be more and more good fun the more you explore.

Compared to the TL2 is the AF any faster? Is the EVF any better?  

Thanks, Rob

Compared to the TL2 is the AF any faster? Is the EVF any better?  

Thanks, Rob

Hi Rob

The AF is much better (although it's possible the TL2 AF will be improved) - this is more the case with the larger lenses (35 f1.4, 60 macro)

The EVF is certainly better - better colour, faster refresh, less flickering, shorter blackout.

• Like 8

Hi Rob

The AF is much better (although it's possible the TL2 AF will be improved) - this is more the case with the larger lenses (35 f1.4, 60 macro)

The EVF is certainly better - better colour, faster refresh, less flickering, shorter blackout.

That is terrific to hear!  

(I particularly enjoy the 60 macro and think it is very much "under the radar".  Are you suggesting there may be a software update for the TL2 to improve the AF hunting with the 60?)

Regards,

Rob

Edited by ropo54

That is terrific to hear!  

(I particularly enjoy the 60 macro and think it is very much "under the radar".  Are you suggesting there may be a software update for the TL2 to improve the AF hunting with the 60?)

Regards,

Rob

I don't know Rob . . I really don't have any information . . what I do know is that the CL hardly hunts at all. 

best

• Like 1

The night shot jpeg does seem to have lost detail, especially in highlights, so perhaps a bit more work by Leica on this.  RAW and LR would seem to be the better option at the moment, still very envious of you however.

You are right but take into account that this was a quick shot, in very low light and processed in a specific way to give a mood. My camera is in a box in the store waiting for me, so when I get it in the next few days I will test it with night shots and tell you (if interested) how it behaves with highlights. 

Edited by Daedalus2000

CL + Summaron 35/2.8

Chasing shadows this morning in the bright sunlight among the tourists and cyclists.

Leica has taken a major step forward with the CL in one element of of responsiveness: wake-up from sleep. From pressing the shutter to taking a picture, from sleep, is nearly instantaneous. The M240 takes nearly two seconds (identical SD cards).

I am a veteran of the wars on this forum between those who want a responsive camera and those who say "it's your technique at fault - press the shutter to wake-up as you bring it your eye - or, switch off sleep mode". I have news for you: the CL has sorted this!

I have a feeling that the CL EVF is faster (refresh rate?) than the TL2. Several times I was too quick on the shutter, as if I had developed a habit of anticipation of movement into the frame which is no longer needed. A matter for someone who has both cameras to check - I could be wrong.

Asymmetry

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Casting a long shadow

• Like 18

CL+Summaron 35/2.8

Dancing in the bars

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Chilly punting in November

• Like 10

Hi,

had a chance to grab the CL for a few minutes , took a couple of shots indoors and had a walk around the block  with  a couple of vintage lenses:

40 Kinoptik:

38658768021_33e584ccdd_h.jpg40 Kinoptik by JM__, on Flickr

38658768201_cc57b1f83a_h.jpg40 Kinoptik by JM__, on Flickr

5 cm Rigid Summicron:

38658768091_84a5caeed3_h.jpg

5cm Rigid 1958 by JM__, on Flickr

35 Summilux v1:

38658768341_2c5ff4c70b_h.jpg

35 Summilux v1 by JM__, on Flickr

38658768441_a5778eccb8_h.jpg35 Summilux v1 by JM__, on Flickr

Best, Jean-Marc.

Edited by JMF