Leica Q - the image thread

BW

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 10

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just got my Q last night so my only model so far has been my cat. Looking forward to getting out and doing some landscapes! :)

• Like 17

auto focus! how strange...The dynamic range is fantastic. I was sure I had missed this one but there is much latitude in the files. Couldn't be happier with this camera. My poor neglected M246! 

Edited by Avatar
  • Like 14

BW

• Like 8

Some great images coming. Looks like this camera is perfoming so well as a documetary tool with sanppyauto-focus, great bokeh and good DR. Pixel peaking corner sharpness is of no real interest to me in this camera as it seems to be performing so well in areas that I would consider it to be more important. Can't wait and so far am havinfg no 2nd thoughts about having put my M 240 up for sale to finanace this. Keep them coming 

• Like 3

Some great shots here.  28mm is probably too wide for me (I'd prefer 35mm), but I like what I'm seeing!

BUT: is it just me or does this camera seem to have a problem with bright yellows clipping or saturating?  Seems like flowers and even sometimes sun-illuminated skin tones look overexposed.

does this camera seem to have a problem with bright yellows clipping or saturating?  Seems like flowers and even sometimes sun-illuminated skin tones look overexposed.

Isn't this always the case with Leica digital sensors? In my experience (M8 through 240) yellow flowers are extremely difficult to capture.

Interesting, I never noticed it when I borrowed an M9 for a few months.  The auto white balance was really weird compared to every other digital camera I've used, but I didn't notice a particular problem with the yellows ... maybe I just didn't shoot in a wide enough range of conditions.

I'm not quite seeing the 3D magic feel of the micro contrasts you get with the 35mm/1.4 on an M in these pictures, but it's probably too soon to tell.  It's definitely a very intriguing little box this Q, and it's great to see it in the hands of people with a lot more talent than I have.   

Isn't this always the case with Leica digital sensors? In my experience (M8 through 240) yellow flowers are extremely difficult to capture.

Don't start me on purple flowers - I have yet to see a digital camera- or film for that matter- that manages to render Jacarandas or Lavender correctly.

• Like 3