Leica Q - the image thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Lovely images, thanks. Are you using the grip with a separate wrist strap or with the official "finger loop" (or both)? The loop looks unreasonably expensive (and ugly!) to me, so if I can use the grip alone with my existing wrist strap I'd probably go for it.

I am using my own wrist strap and the grip does leave plenty of space for it to attach  - agree that the finger loop is overpriced

• Like 1

some shots in and around London, including at Harrods ...... first impressions, handles red WAY better than M9, DR is better, highlight recovery is unbelievable (maybe this is a CCD vs CMOS issue, as someone told me there that CMOS can be manipulated much more), generally 2 thumbs up ..... BUT, I still like film better -- meaning the Q is a far superior companion to my M-A than the M9, not even close.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

Advertisement (gone after registration)

more .....

• Like 3

more

• Like 7

oops .... her is last and least ...

• Like 6

Two pictures this morning with the Leica Q

• Like 5

I just got mine this evening. It's night, and I have some things to get done, but wanted to rattle off some quick test shots.

I was looking at this one, and thought it wasn't as sharp as I liked at 100%. I glanced over at the EXIF and realised I'd taken it at 1/5 second, with IOS on. This is hand held. ISO 400 at f/2, manually focused at infinity, straight LR jpeg conversion from dng.

For web use, for me this is in play at 1/5! That's useful.

And this camera is going to spoil me.

• Like 9

can people please share some very high ISO shots in COLOR at 6400 and above?  Not just test shots but real life shots.  The pic of HK above is nice but not very demonstrative of the camera's performance.  The image isn't sharp and, if my monitor isn't off balance, the colors seem off (is that magenta in the clouds on the upper right).  A much more helpful shout would be to see what the scene looks like at something like 12800ISO and 1/160 shutter. 

Adam. FYI the camera default to lowest ISO possible when using auto ISO so one has to deliberately shoot high to get those results. Will give it a shot in the next day or two

Thanks, Steve.  I knew I could count on you.  I'd be interested in how the color images look at a very high ISO and a very fast shutter with a deep DOF.

can people please share some very high ISO shots in COLOR at 6400 and above? Not just test shots but real life shots. The pic of HK above is nice but not very demonstrative of the camera's performance. The image isn't sharp and, if my monitor isn't off balance, the colors seem off (is that magenta in the clouds on the upper right). A much more helpful shout would be to see what the scene looks like at something like 12800ISO and 1/160 shutter.

I agree it isn't sharp. I wouldn't print it. My purpose in posting that one was to show the degree of blur I got at 1/5 second. To my eyes it could be used as a small file in a blog entry / FB post if there was no chance to should faster. When I looked at the image in LR I saw a hint of camera shake blur and I zoomed in to 100% where it was easy to see it. It was then that unrealised I had taken it at 1/5 second (IOS on). My immediate thought was that this IOS would be useful. I can't recall getting his close on my M.

Slight magenta colour cast is at least in part the actual 'glow' coming off the large number of colour-illuminated buildings in the business district below my apartment.

I will post some real shots soon, incl high ISO.

Thanks.  I am just not understanding why with a brand new state of the art camera with supposedly much improved ISO you would take a handheld long exposure with such a slow shutter and low ISO...