M10 - the Image Thread

TheGodParticle/Hari

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I hounestly do not want to discuss this , not on this thread, this thread is pinned for pictures taken with the new M10. So whoever is fortunate and has one, please show us your passion and your world as yo see it and share your pics.

I hounestly do not want to discuss this , not on this thread, this thread is pinned for pictures taken with the new M10. So whoever is fortunate and has one, please show us your passion and your world as yo see it and share your pics.

Agree, however tiny jpegs are not useful IMHO. Downloadable DNGs allow one to look at the images up to the pixel level as well as work with them such as in Lightroom.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Everyone

Some more images here:

Thanks for the link. Did you also try the Summilux-SL 50 ?  Or were you too busy with the M10 ?

Some of your images had more saturated colors than with the SL (my impression). Is this the "signature" of the M10 sensor ?  Or just different postprocessing ?

Edited by steppenw0lf

Thanks for the link. Did you also try the Summilux-SL 50 ? Or were you too busy with the M10 ?

Some of your images had more saturated colors than with the SL (my impression). Is this the "signature" of the M10 sensor ? Or just different postprocessing ?

Hi Stefan (is that the right spelling, there are all least 4 different ones!)

I hope you're well

Not the signature - if anything the M10 is less saturated, and of course the images are processed - one day I'll learn to get them right first time . . . On the other hand the colour is not fiddled with - I think it's great out of the camera.

I did spend some time with the SL 50 . . But as you say, I've been busy with this!

Edited by jonoslack

A couple of images taken in RAW, imported to Lightroom, exported jpeg. The M10 profile in Lightroom boosts saturation and warms up the image as opposed to importing without a profile. No editing was done.

50 Lux around 1600ISO and various apertures. You won't get much from the jpegs but I will say that in my opinion the color RAW files are excellent. The skin tones look perfect. 

I am traveling the next few days to the great lakes so will take some "real" photos.

Hi Everyone

Some more images here:

Some of the colors are really spot on.

But so many of them are not.  

And perhaps its the exposure and lack of editing time, but the blown highlights seem to pervade and they are not very charming (IMHO).

I agree with the comment that the images look very similar to those from the SL.

It would have been nice to see more examples that don't have added vignetting.

We have warm/yellow LED bulbs in recessed lighting which makes my wife's skin a little more yellow.

The picture is pretty darn close to how it looks under the specific lighting. 

No camera is going to be truly perfect as their are so many variables, including those outside of the cameras control. I like what I am seeing in my very limited testing.

Remember, I spent 0 seconds editing. I can make the yellowish tint disappear in 3 seconds but wanted to send unedited images. Again, the LED bulbs are more responsible for the yellowish tint than the M10s WB, which again I think is an improvement over the M240 and certainly the M9.

D

We have warm/yellow LED bulbs in recessed lighting which makes my wife's skin a little more yellow.

The picture is pretty darn close to how it looks under the specific lighting. 

No camera is going to be truly perfect as their are so many variables, including those outside of the cameras control. I like what I am seeing in my very limited testing.

Remember, I spent 0 seconds editing. I can make the yellowish tint disappear in 3 seconds but wanted to send unedited images. Again, the LED bulbs are more responsible for the yellowish tint than the M10s WB, which again I think is an improvement over the M240 and certainly the M9.

D

what WB setting?  Auto? tungsten?  I think the edited version would be more relevant and useful.  Again, the white looks pretty much white, which threw me off...