summilux-m 50mm f1.4 black paint (pre-ASPH)

Bborco

Just now, Capuccino-Muffin said:

Sorry, I thought my joke would be well received

It lacked an emoji to confirm it was humour I guess. 
No stress though, I’m also arrogant and stupid on most days of the week. And I like to joke as well ...! 

1 hour ago, Steven said:

I suppose when it comes to shopping Leica, it’s the only time that not being in the us is better.

q2 is an example. Back ordered for months in the usa, available at every street corner in Europe  

Sometimes it depends on the size of the market in each European country. Bigger market, more stock but more folks wanting to buy them. Small market, less stock but less buyers.

IIRC When the M10 landed it was quickly back ordered in the UK and folks were being quoted long lead times. I asked my local store in Portugal what the wait list was and was told as long as it takes...... 

.....to walk to the storeroom 😅

(I’m fairly sure right now that they have M10r stock for example)

oh and OT, but my local (Porto Leica, official AD) ships internationally 😇

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Adam Bonn said:

IIRC When the M10 landed it was quickly back ordered in the UK and folks were being quoted long lead times. I asked my local store in Portugal what the wait list was and was told as long as it takes...... 

.....to walk to the storeroom 😅

Ah yes, but Paulo Silveira, the Manager of the Leica Porto dealership appears to be in a privileged position for acquiring new Leica stock and is able to source the latest Leica stock when other Leica premier dealerships can't.  Whether this has to do with his relationship with Wetzlar, or with the factory in Porto, or simply the amount of Leica stock that he sells, or something else entirely I have no idea and he (understandably) wasn't forthcoming the last time I chatted with him over a beer.  He happens to be a very nice gent too so good luck to him I say.🙂

Pete.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, farnz said:

Ah yes, but Paulo Silveira, the Manager of the Leica Porto dealership appears to be in a privileged position for acquiring new Leica stock and is able to source the latest Leica stock when other Leica premier dealerships can't.  Whether this has to do with his relationship with Wetzlar, or with the factory in Porto, or simply the amount of Leica stock that he sells, or something else entirely I have no idea and he (understandably) wasn't forthcoming the last time I chatted with him over a beer.  He happens to be a very nice gent too so good luck to him I say.🙂

Pete.

Yeah I have a lot of time for Paulo, but he knows when to play his cards close to his chest!

It has something to do with being a flagship store which therefore gets the gear; combined with a local market which is perhaps a little smaller than some other Euro territories. He sort of alluded to this when I suggested it was the reason they got the good stuff! (He confirmed that being a flagship store helped with stock allocation, he didn't comment on the scale of his market share)

Definitely good luck to him, I was so pleased to see them reopen last week.

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 55 Minuten schrieb Capuccino-Muffin:

Sorry, I thought my joke would be well received

Many thanks for this statement. Joking is fine, I love jokes, but they must be recognizable as jokes. You`re new to this forum, welcome !  And now I know you a bit better ... 🙂

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, farnz said:

Whether this has to do with his relationship with Wetzlar, or with the factory in Porto, or simply the amount of Leica stock that he sells, or something else entirely I have no idea and he (understandably) wasn't forthcoming the last time I chatted with him over a beer. 

IIRC Dr. K. owns the building and has an apartment above the store. Maybe that helps? 😜

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone , would we expect the BP editions of this v3 lens to be the same weight (more or less) as the Titanium and Silver Chrome (both brass) E46 versions ?   Those ones are 395g I think (versus the 275g of the original E46 black aluminium)

Thanks 

Edited by grahamc

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Прошу прощения, форум не позволяет делать оценки - что в любом случае было бы невозможно, так как состояние объектива неизвестно.

I'm sorry if I didn't intentionally break the forum rules.

• Like 1