summilux-m 50mm f1.4 black paint (pre-ASPH)

Bborco

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have one of these, serial 401xxx - one thing about it has puzzled me, the built-in hood extends fine but does not twist and lock like on the ASPH lens.  So it functions fine but can just be pushed back.  Is this a fault or were they built like this?

4 hours ago, akiralx said:

I have one of these, serial 401xxx - one thing about it has puzzled me, the built-in hood extends fine but does not twist and lock like on the ASPH lens.  So it functions fine but can just be pushed back.  Is this a fault or were they built like this?

They are just built like this. But they should still have just enough resistance not to slip inadvertently.

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2021 at 1:06 PM, microview said:

Black paint 50 Summilux pre- in mint condition was my very first Leica M lens. Wish I had never sold it, of course. I still have the receipt: Aperture London

Don't suppose you remember the millennium serial number? Asking as a collector with a couple of bodies and 35s. Stillo on the hunt for matching lux.

23 minutes ago, lucid said:

Don't suppose you remember the millennium serial number? Asking as a collector with a couple of bodies and 35s. Stillo on the hunt for matching lux.

Code number is 11623 AFAIK

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

On 3/3/2022 at 2:56 PM, lct said:

Same design as 50/2 v5, 75/1.4, 90/2 apo, 90/2 v3, 90/2.8 v2 and 135/3.4. Only exceptions i know of: 50/2 apo (twist), 50/1.4 asph (twist and lock), 75/2 (twist and lock) but there are possibly others.

For the record, another exception with twist and lock hood: 75/1.125 Noctilux asph.

Pete.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...