darylgo

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonzo

Old and new. So which one is the more beautiful, although the 4 screws are gone ? BTW: the new OLLUX doesn`t fit on the old lens.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

shirubadanieru

Several shots during New Year! Happy 2023 everyone!

7e1
mikeyknob

To the extent it's helpful -- I did a super-crude test of four 35mm lenses on my M11 recently.  You can ignore the lousy composition, but this will give you some indication of the character of each le

Posted Images

Am 13.10.2022 um 01:21 schrieb Crem:

I can't imagine the new one will be exactly like the old one. Different coatings, glass, etc. The only logical solution is to have both and follow the golden rule of of Leica gear: "Never sell Leica gear. You will eventually regret it." The only exception I make is Leica digital bodies. Lenses never get sold due to fear of regret.

This is very through! I sold 3 lenses: 21emerit (pre ASPH), 90mm TeleElmarit an the 50Lux (current version). NEVER AGAIN! I do not regret to habe sold the M240... 

To the extent it's helpful -- I did a super-crude test of four 35mm lenses on my M11 recently.  You can ignore the lousy composition, but this will give you some indication of the character of each lens shot wide-open and then again at f/5.6.  The lenses are:

• new 35mm Summilux FLE II

• new 35mm APO Summicron

• 35mm Summilux Pre-ASPH (1986) / Canada

• 35mm Summicron v1 (1965)

The same exposure adjustment was globally applied to all photos.  You can tell which lens you're looking at per the file names and the other three lenses in the shot.

It could have been more scientific, but consider this a broad indication of the differences between the lenses (contrast, color, sharpness, vignetting, etc), generally speaking:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ew39nb91m848vba/AAA0R0uWXO5znQ6QYN0nZ9uaa?dl=0

6 hours ago, 28framelines said:

Link?

The location where I saw it is now removed. 

Have we seen any other reissue lenses with updated modern design touches ?

That’s what it looked like.  Modern square distance scale numbers , square font writing on the hood LEICA WETZLAR GERMANY.  Same shape hood as original OLLUX but not the same looking finish, a modern finish in matte. 

E46 filters which is great I think, so same as the pre-asph 50:1.4 v3. 

this is assuming what I saw is correct, of course.  It disappeared in a ball of flames as soon as I had glimpsed it 

Edited by grahamc

23 minutes ago, grahamc said:

The location where I saw it is now removed. 

Have we seen any other reissue lenses with updated modern design touches ?

That’s what it looked like.  Modern square distance scale numbers , square font writing on the hood LEICA WETZLAR GERMANY.  Same shape hood as original OLLUX but not the same looking finish, a modern finish in matte. 

E46 filters which is great I think, so same as the pre-asph 50:1.4 v3. 

this is assuming what I saw is correct, of course.  It disappeared in a ball of flames as soon as I had glimpsed it 

I hope everything you say is true as I'm on a few waiting lists. It sounds fantastic. I know the Summaron 28 remake isn't 100% the same as the original. Matte finished hood, slightly different focus knob design, and other subtle changes.

Edited by Crem

Unsure what the 50:1.2 reissue fonts etc looked like compared to the original but font markings modern like the titanium 35:1.4 v2 

Hardly relevant though I guess and there has to be some modern tweaks considering the originals also have made in Canada stamped hoods and bodies.   I’m wrapped at the E46 as it means a nice pair up with the E46 50:1.4 

Edited by grahamc