Who has two M10 bodies?

6bit

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 hours ago, sebben said:

@jakontil I wouldn't buy an Leica 11 M D anyway unless they went back to the traditional shutter mechanism.

I don't want an M with a povel mirrorless shutter. 

Im tempted to find a Leica M10 BP and put the top and bottom plates on my M10D but I hear that the dimensions are a bit bigger to accommodate the screen...

ah yeah i missed that point, the traditional shutter mechanism, i agree with you on this.. 

interesting findings with the thickness, i thought they all the same and the screen is rooted to the magnesium body instead of the top plate? i might be wrong.. but it's sick idea to tinker with

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sebben said:

@jakontil I wouldn't buy an Leica 11 M D anyway unless they went back to the traditional shutter mechanism.

I don't want an M with a povel mirrorless shutter. 

Im tempted to find a Leica M10 BP and put the top and bottom plates on my M10D but I hear that the dimensions are a bit bigger to accommodate the screen...

Yes the top plates are a different shape.... the m10 screened ones have a cutaway for the screen

Shueido will strip and paint electronic brass top / bottom plates.  Although I assume the dials etc can’t be done. Or at least if they were they would wear differently as they aren’t brass (I assume they aren’t anyway).   

because of the dials and buttons being black chrome, I was going to mod my 10D to reporter green.   I got as far as changing the shutter button and lens release button to black (as they are on the reporter and monochrome cameras), but I then liked the all-black 10D so much I didn’t send it for the green repaint.   

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by grahamc
  • Like 2

@grahamc

Wow that looks very nice!

This brings me to my next complaint. Why doesn’t Leica let people spec M cameras as they like? 

Paint Finish, screen or no screen, colour etc. It’s a luxury object after all. May as well make it bespoke. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sebben said:

@grahamc

This brings me to my next complaint. Why doesn’t Leica let people spec M cameras as they like? 

Paint Finish, screen or no screen, colour etc. It’s a luxury object after all. May as well make it bespoke. 

That would be very cool :D   

On 6/29/2023 at 3:04 PM, sebben said:

@grahamc

Leica did have an a la carte program for M bodies for many years, ultimately discontinued in 2019.  Options, and applicable bodies, were limited, and evolved over the years. Custom cameras were also sometimes provided, at a premium.  I’m sure Leica assessed the profitability as well as the production  viability of these as times changed.

Jeff

• Thanks 1

Back when Leica did 'a la carte' I specced an M7 in silver with MP hardware, 0.85 and limited the framelines for a clearer view. I wish the programme still existed.... and that I hadn't sold it! 

But for film at least there are amazing places like Kanto in Japan, who will restore an old M to better than new, and give you the exact custom finish you want. 

Anyway, in answer to the OP, currently - M10R black paint, M10M (and MP silver, MP black paint for film).

• Like 1