Best M10 Strap

Snipe10

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 2/26/2021 at 2:25 PM, Stef63 said:

One negative : the straps have metal parts to adjust the length.  While this makes adjustment super easy you have to be careful not to scratch the body or lens when storing your camera in a bag with the strap attached.

Yup. And that is a dealbreaker. 

On 2/26/2021 at 2:57 AM, elmars said:

This one is great:

https://rocknrollstraps.com/shop/camera-straps/classic-straps/nevada-strap/

Supersoft leather, flexible like neoprene.

I put a small knot in the middle for over the shoulder carry which keeps it from hanging too low and undo the knot for cross body carry. Soft and supple and wraps around the camera (or lens, depending) for putting in bag.

Edited by SoarFM
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 9:38 AM, Jeff S said:

The tiny, low profile buckles on my PD leash present no problems at all on my SL2.  In fact the new Harry Benz SL2 strap that I first tried, which was far more expensive and took months to receive, still sits in its nice little box in favor of the PD. I had to wash all the black residue off my hands after attaching the new Benz strap to the camera for trial.  Glad I didn’t get it on my clothing or inside the bag. 

Jeff

This is the first I have heard of that issue with one of Harry's straps - I wonder what the cause is?

The B Strap on my M10 Mono is black and I have had no residue issues with it...

8 minutes ago, Herr Barnack said:

This is the first I have heard of that issue with one of Harry's straps - I wonder what the cause is?

The B Strap on my M10 Mono is black and I have had no residue issues with it...

Seems to have come from the SL2 connectors (pivoting ends), not the rest of the strap.  No matter, a member here has decided to put it to better use than I.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 3:44 AM, Herr Barnack said:

My nomination goes to Harry Benz.  I have one of his Vintage B straps on my Q2 and an all black B Strap on my M10 Mono:  https://www.harrybenz.com/shop/vintage-b

My next acquisition is going to be an all black Brogue Wingtips for the M10M:  https://www.harrybenz.com/shop/brogue-wingtips

The black B Strap will then move over to my M4-P. 

Harry's straps are priced within reason for what you are getting IMO - and his craftsmanship is flawless. 

Another vote for Harry.  I have 4 now and love them all!  Beautifully made, and comfortable to wear.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Harry Benz is a wonderful choice.

I have black one on my M10M and.a Camo-2 on order for my Reporter. I use his j-loop as I always prefer over the shoulder, and a quick release to a Harry Benz wrist strap. But you have to believe that using a single lug will be forever reliable, which I obviously do.

https://www.harrybenz.com/shop/j-loop

Jack.

On 3/1/2021 at 2:35 PM, roverover said:

Curious, do the Artisan and Artist SILK straps fray over time?  I have heard some opinions that say they do not look very good after normal usage
and that the Silk begins to look a bit tattered, if you can comment about length of time or usage frequency and how it looks?

I have had the 306/N in black and used it for over 3 years. No frays, no changes at all. Still looks like new. 

On 3/7/2021 at 5:44 PM, roverover said:

Thank you for posting your experience with it. I have one on order.

I have the green (or khaki) one and also never had an issue with it. I always like them, they are light, supple and soft. 

• Like 1

I used Artisan and Artist silk cord strap first, I love the lightness and easy to convert from neck to wrist strap by tying a knot but the silk does fray after 1 year or so and they are not the most comfortable strap on your neck if you don't wear shirt with collar. 

Then I switched to Barton1972 whip and braided strap, holy moly. They look incredible and feel extremely comfortable, they look even better after some time when start to show patina. Build quality is great too but overtime I kind of wish they can be smaller in diameter and slightly shorter. they are a bit too long for my 5'9 frame if I don't wear them across. Finally while the braided strap are very comfortable on your neck even with a heavier setup like M10-R + handgrip + Noctilux 50 because the braided strap actually have some weight relief by design, however this is the main reason I was looking for another strap.the braided strap would bounce your camera up and down if you walk fast and keep hit my belly with the camera, 

Finally, now I switched to Rock N Roll classic and Riviera strap. they are a very basic strap, nothing fancy at all yet the leather are very soft and the strap width have a good balance for compactness and comfort. I have been using it for around 2 weeks now, so far I am loving them. no more camera bouncing around, while comfort is not as good as Barton1972 but quite close and still miles better than the Artisan and Artist cord strap. The strap length also fit perfectly for my height not wearing across. 

Edited by darkinners
  • Like 3

Been using the Artisan&Artist easy slider for a few days. It is extremely convenient to use, also very light and compact. The nylon material doesn't look or feel cheap at all. It actually has a very nice pattern and can reflect the light to look really nice. 

The only downside is, the edge can be a bit harsh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2021 at 4:43 AM, SoarFM said:

14312. I've had the same one on my M6 for over 30 years....

Unfortunately, Leica changed the design of the 14312 strap.
Older versions have a broader band at the pad, while newer versions have a constant breadth:

Old:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

New:

This is a problem if you hang the strap diagonally on your torso and wear a backpack. Then the pad can get stuck at the backpack straps.

Does anyone know what's inside the pad? Does the strap go through the pad? If so, is it possible to remove the pad entirely?

I have thoroughly enjoyed the straps by harrybenz.com . They are individually made to order with extraordinary attention to detail. Yes, they take a bit longer because of that, but they are amazing. and come with a wax seal. Which in some way seems really cool.  Aside from the seal, the straps are really extraordinary.

In the opposite I would say. The pad always bothered me. Without is very comfortable if Yu use the strap cross-body or as a wrist-strap. Only if You use it on one shoulder it is slippery if the clothes are slippery too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, elmars said:

Yes ans yes. I removed it. 

Interesting. I've got two of those straps and really don't like the pad much. It makes wrapping the strap around my forearm cumbersome.

How did you remove the rubber/plastic without harming the strap itself?