Best M10 Strap

Snipe10

Well, I am using mainly two type of the Artisan&Artist Silk straps I really Like:

1.) ACAM-312N

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

2.) ACAM-310N

• Like 4

I have no connection to this chap but I totally agree.   I have around 25 leather, rope, braided, peak design leash etc etc straps hanging in my office... this old Leica strap is by far the easiest to work and walk with.  14312

https://johnnymartyr.wordpress.com/2019/03/14/the-best-camera-strap-in-the-world/

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Cooph or same style rope is comfortable and secure

and of course I always plug for my favourite Artisan and Artist cases, as they:

1. Protect right up to the top edge
  2. Are compact
  3. Beautifully made
  4. Quite reasonably priced considering

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by colonel

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I agree that the standard Leica strap is very good and often overlooked, they are also adjustable .  I have put my Leica straps onto my Olympus film SLR's.

I would also recommend the Artist and Artisan Slider straps, easily adjusted on the move, light and a slightly broad strap that helps to carry the weight of a Leica . 

I also have some Cooph Rope Straps, they have a little bit of give in them, I think that they are available in different lengths, wrist as above and longer versions for across the chest / around the neck.  They are however a bit bulky if your camera bag is a bit compact.

You will probably in time build up a collection of straps !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, M10 for me said:

They are all the best 😀. Or am I just so used to mine?

👍

We have our best strap, each of us not same type though.

Mine after using/trying other straps, I always return to same as Boojay's 14312 !

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Mpi said:

I have the Peakdesign slide light — if you’re looking for comfort this is imho the best strap out there. 

The PD Leash is thinner and robust and comfortable enough to carry my SL2 with zoom, let alone an M.  

I stick with Leica M straps on my M bodies.  Never had an issue.  Unlike with the SL2, I have no need to remove the M straps, which is a convenience provided by the PD options.

Choices for all styles and preferences.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S
  • Like 1

Switched also to Peak Design straps and leash for my two M’s and SL2 and this after numerous other straps.  Big benefit is that you can switch in seconds between a strap, a leash or nothing at all.  On a tripod a strap is always in the way.  With PD you can easily remove it.

One negative : the straps have metal parts to adjust the length.  While this makes adjustment super easy you have to be careful not to scratch the body or lens when storing your camera in a bag with the strap attached.

Other than that PD might not be the most stylish strap on your Leica, it offers on the other hand some well thought features.  Also the PD tripod is a one of a kind tripod.  I became a fan of this company and their products.  

Edited by Stef63
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stef63 said:

Switched also to Peak Design straps and leash for my two M’s and SL2 and this after numerous other straps.  Big benefit is that you can switch in seconds between a strap, a leash or nothing at all.  On a tripod a strap is always in the way.  With PD you can easily remove it.

One negative : the straps have metal parts to adjust the length.  While this makes adjustment super easy you have to be careful not to scratch the body or lens when storing your camera in a bag with the strap attached.

Other than that PD might not be the most stylish strap on your Leica, it offers on the other hand some well thought features.  Also the PD tripod is a one of a kind tripod.  I became a fan of this company and their products.  

The Leash IS a strap, just thinner than the two Slide straps.  Do you mean the Clutch Hand strap?

Jeff

"One negative : the straps have metal parts to adjust the length.  While this makes adjustment super easy you have to be careful not to scratch the body or lens when storing your camera in a bag with the strap attached."   That's a big negative for me! I would prefer just one buckle and maybe dip it in "plastidip" or make it from plastic. PD is very proud of their metal parts. I saw one reviewer that liked the attachment system, but hated the buckles enough to remove them and stitch things back as a fixed length strap!

"Other than that PD might not be the most stylish strap on your Leica, it offers on the other hand some well thought features.  Also the PD tripod is a one of a kind tripod.  I became a fan of this company and their products"  Yes, PD has great stuff, but these straps are the antithesis of the Leica M vibe. Absolutely no mojo. I used to use one on my Sony though, and always removed it before packing the camera in the bag, due to the aforementioned metal buckles.

The perennial favorites for Leica M, not mentioned yet are:  https://www.harrybenz.com/  and  https://gordyscamerastraps.com/

• Like 1

The tiny, low profile buckles on my PD leash present no problems at all on my SL2.  In fact the new Harry Benz SL2 strap that I first tried, which was far more expensive and took months to receive, still sits in its nice little box in favor of the PD. I had to wash all the black residue off my hands after attaching the new Benz strap to the camera for trial.  Glad I didn’t get it on my clothing or inside the bag. 

Jeff

20 hours ago, Stef63 said:

"One negative : the straps have metal parts to adjust the length.  While this makes adjustment super easy you have to be careful not to scratch the body or lens when storing your camera in a bag with the strap attached."

Are you using some type of camera case with your M cameras to protect against those Peak Design strap metal fasteners? Every time I read about using the PeakDesign strap system on one of these forums, I take another look at trying again for my M10. But each time I try to connect, that big metal clip on both sides of the strap, looks too scratch-scary to me and I abort. I can't imagine these metal fasteners don't scratch up the camera body just by carrying it around you neck? 

47 minutes ago, LBJ2 said:

"One negative : the straps have metal parts to adjust the length.  While this makes adjustment super easy you have to be careful not to scratch the body or lens when storing your camera in a bag with the strap attached."

Are you using some type of camera case with your M cameras to protect against those Peak Design strap metal fasteners? Every time I read about using the PeakDesign strap system on one of these forums, I take another look at trying again for my M10. But each time I try to connect, that big metal clip on both sides of the strap, looks too scratch-scary to me and I abort. I can't imagine these metal fasteners don't scratch up the camera body just by carrying it around you neck? 

No problem when carrying the camera around my neck or with the Cuff around my wrist.  All my cameras have a half case which prevents (eventual) scratches from the Cuff when storing it in a bag.  However I always remove the straps (Leash or Slide Lite) before storing the camera in a bag.

• Thanks 1