Who has two M10 bodies?

6bit

I don't have an M10 yet but I'm working on it.  When I finally get one, it will be my primary camera and my Safari 240 will fill the back up role, even though two different batteries & chargers will be required.

I thought about getting a CL as a back up but I want to stay with a 24x36mm sensor.  I also thought about getting a Sony or a Fujifilm body as a backup but I don't want to get a whole different system started up.  I want to stick with M cameras for the simplicity of staying with the same camera system.  I want to keep things simple, especially when traveling to shoot. 

Having two M10s would be the best possible scenario but is not doable at present.  An M10 and an M-P 240 as backup is fairly close, though.

I just have the one, but I also really only use one lens on it so that's fine for the time being. I primarily burn film through my M-A and M4 for the most part so the M10 doesn't see a ton of active duty. I am grateful for it though as it does a great job. 

I don't plant on buying a second one (though never say never) but if I was to buy a second digital M I would probably be buying an M246 Monochrom or wait to be able to afford an M10 era monochrom when one becomes available on the used market ;)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I only have one M10, but I kept my (sensor replaced) M9, and will sometimes use both with different lenses. I also have an A7, which I got for my old SLR lenses, but it also works very well with M 90 & 135 lenses. At other times I’ll use my M6 with the M10 as a film alternative. All the Ms are so similar in use that they go well together.

One reason I got the M10 is the high ISO performance, as I like small lenses, and even my 2.5 Summarits are fine for available light work. I also find it easier to hit focus with the M10.

6bit,  I have two M10s.   One I keep for use with M lenses, the other is for use with my R 35-70mm Vario-Elmar.  I use the M cameras for long distance hiking; SL for short distance hiking and a MM for street photography.  r/ Mark

I have always had two Leica bodies (for that matter, two bodies in whatever system is my main one - Nikon, Canon, Contax). I can't afford to be without a backup in case one needs servicing. Currently, I have an M9 as my backup. I will probably pick up a used M10 (any color) as second body when a nice one turns up in my local shop - no rush. ;)

The M9 happens to be black, the M10 happens to be chrome. Primarily because I took whatever I could get fastest when they were first introduced.

• Thanks 1

On the one hand I wish I had two M10 bodies, one the other hand one of the reasons I changed from DSLR to Leica M is that I don’t want to be a transport mule anymore.

Edited by Gobert
  • Like 4

For me the Q is a perfect 2nd body. Most of my M lenses have a longer focal length... so with the Q I have a fast switch in focal length, AF when I need it and can record video.

So they go nicely together and look nice together as well :-)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

M10 + M240 + Q. Often carry all three. Why? The obvious reason is fewer lens changes and speed to shot. Less obvious it the 240's level, C mode which makes it preferable in some circumstances.  Likely the 240 will ultimately be replaced by an SL, but not for a while... waiting to see what an SL2 might bring.  

It seems from the early results that having two M bodies are is a rare thing, even here on a Leica board.

You didn't ask who has two M bodies... you asked who has two M10 bodies. I think you'll find the results from each question are quite different!

Edited by ianman
  • Like 1

I have two M10's. One in black and one in silver. Why do I. I have always had two M bodies going back to the M6. When the M10 was announced, I immediately traded my silver 240 on either black of silver whichever was available first and it was silver. Guess you could call it a bad case of M GAS.

• Like 1

Fairly close to what?

Having an M-P 240 and an M10 would be fairly close to the ideal setup of having two M10 bodies. 

M10 x 2 would be the best scenario for a digital M photographer, particularly when traveling to photograph.

Edited by Herr Barnack