Who has two M10 bodies?

6bit

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was raised with “one is none”.  In the film generation (reporting, sports) two cameras meant the next 36 exposures were an instant away.

Now the digital age, hundreds exposures are only limited by your battery.  Still, old habits die hard.  I find comfort in the “backup” body.

10-P Reporter

10-P Safari

28/2 Summicron

59/2 Summicron

90/2 Summicron 

8x42 Novtivid

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Fresno
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Since we are updating, I now have three M10 cameras:

M10P - primary color camera, black with top engraving

M10M - for really dark places (ISO 32000-40000), solid black

M10 (original chrome from 2017) - backup.

I ran across the P and Monochrom second-hand and relatively cheap (less than my original M10 was, new), and since the new (camera name withheld to protect the guilty) was not lighting my fire, they seemed like a better path.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

I have two M10’s, a silver standard M10 and an M10-r. My M10-r gets most use but I keep the original as a backup. I live in the UK and enjoy travel and the main reason for having the two is if one fails, I still have the backup. If I go to the Far East, Australasia, or somewhere like South Africa for three weeks it costs thousands and I don’t want to be left without a camera ……. Cheap insurance. 

I’ve had two camera failures whilst away, both Nikons, whilst on safari and I’ve been glad to have had a backup available. (D810 & D800)

• Like 1

Currently I own an M10M, Q2M and SL2 with just the 24/90 zoom. The SL2 kit is so huge and heavy I don’t have the strength to take anything else. I thought about getting a second M10M so no need to change lenses and attract dust. But the Q2M made more sense to me as a second body because the AF means I don’t need to zone focus if I need to do a stealth street shot. It contributes more to what I do aside from being just a spare body.

Currently two M10s, an original M10 and an M10R BP.  I had planned to sell the M10 after buying the M10R BP in late '21 but never really bonded with the R so am moving it on/keeping the M10.   I have no functional use for two digital M cameras though I still have an M6 I bought new which I have used quite a bit though lately my film shooting has moved to 120 film (with a Bronica SQAi).

1 hour ago, Mikep996 said:

Currently two M10s, an original M10 and an M10R BP.  I had planned to sell the M10 after buying the M10R BP in late '21 but never really bonded with the R so am moving it on/keeping the M10. 

Interesting. I have the same combination and I am thinking of selling the original M10 (but might keep it as a backup) I will keep my M10-R bp as long as it lasts.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 2:13 AM, 6bit said:

And if you do, why do you have two?

Why not another brand (i.e. Sony a7R3)?

Are both M10s the same color?

Are you happy with have two M10s?

TIA

Howdy, 

I actually own an M10D and an M10M (Leitz but that doesn't matter) the M10M is my Daily Driver as I enjoy waking up at 4am and shoot for a Couple of Hours before work. However, the M10D is the Best Leica I own and when I go out with a Purpose that is always my Choice. I Also own an M11 and a SL2S (2 of them actually since i had to get the first Green SLR Design by Leica since the R Series), and for 3 Months I've had to use my SL2S due to my Cameras getting calibrated in Germany. For a while I thought the SL2S was the Best "M" Camera I Own and how mistaken I was.

Owning the new M6 I was shooting Film on the regular (5 Rolls a Week). Shot a few Charity Events exclusively on Film (Cinestill 50d and XX are my go to for consistency). Only realizing later that 5 Rolls a Week on average wasn't cheap even with developing for freeish and wasn't a Normal nor Sustainable Amount. Hence realizing that the best M Body is an M! Now my SL2S's have TL Lenses on them and are almost exclusively used for Video (with the Exception of the 28 Lux and an ERTH Variable ND which just makes magic! I'm guessing its the 40mm due to the 4k Crop)

The Leica M11 is an unmatched Monster and is my go to when doing Studio or when using Natural Lighting and a Nocti. The Colors are Uninspiring to work with (Lizard Colors I call them!) but I'm guessing that's the point of the Raw Files which are more malleable. But now after not having it for so long I sort of miss it lol. 

P.S. Also own an M9 and the Colors on that are Magic, but carrying Three Batteries ain't (Although I use 5 new in rotation and don't chimp anyways). Got an MD and the noise on that One just comes out as lines which I hate.

TLDR: M11 is Closest M to a "Pro" System, M10D has the best Colors, M10M is a Beast of a Camera and is just a joy, SL2S retired for Video.

P.S.S. Got my M10's back (Attached Photo since TBH I did a Leather Swap and they are Gorgeous, and cant wait for my M11 with same Leather and a Tramp Stamp (Engraving).  I must say the M10M and M10D look better in person (and I must find any chance to show them including this lol).

Edited by Santos
Grammatical Mistakes
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Santos said:

Howdy, 

I actually own an M10D and an M10M (Leitz but that doesn't matter) the M10M is my Daily Driver as I enjoy waking up at 4am and shoot for a Couple of Hours before work. However, the M10D is the Best Leica I own and when I go out with a Purpose that is always my Choice. I Also own an M11 and a SL2S (2 of them actually since i had to get the first Green SLR Design by Leica since the R Series), and for 3 Months I've had to use my SL2S due to my Cameras getting calibrated in Germany. For a while I thought the SL2S was the Best "M" Camera I Own and how mistaken I was.

Owning the new M6 I was shooting Film on the regular (5 Rolls a Week). Shot a few Charity Events exclusively on Film (Cinestill 50d and XX are my go to for consistency). Only realizing later that 5 Rolls a Week on average wasn't cheap even with developing for freeish and wasn't a Normal nor Sustainable Amount. Hence realizing that the best M Body is an M! Now my SL2S's have TL Lenses on them and are almost exclusively used for Video (with the Exception of the 28 Lux and an ERTH Variable ND which just makes magic! I'm guessing its the 40mm due to the 4k Crop)

The Leica M11 is an unmatched Monster and is my go to when doing Studio or when using Natural Lighting and a Nocti. The Colors are Uninspiring to work with (Lizard Colors I call them!) but I'm guessing that's the point of the Raw Files which are more malleable. But now after not having it for so long I sort of miss it lol. 

P.S. Also own an M9 and the Colors on that are Magic, but carrying Three Batteries ain't (Although I use 5 new in rotation and don't chimp anyways). Got an MD and the noise on that One just comes out as lines which I hate.

TLDR: M11 is Closest M to a "Pro" System, M10D has the best Colors, M10M is a Beast of a Camera and is just a joy, SL2S retired for Video.

P.S.S. Got my M10's back (Attached Photo since TBH I did a Leather Swap and they are Gorgeous, and cant wait for my M11 with same Leather and a Tramp Stamp (Engraving).  I must say the M10M and M10D look better in person (and I must find any chance to show them including this lol).

Hi Santos, your M's are gorgeous. Could you tell us where you got the reskin job done. I tried a search on Google for TBH but could not identify them this way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 12:27 PM, Pierre68 said:

Hi Santos, your M's are gorgeous. Could you tell us where you got the reskin job done. I tried a search on Google for TBH but could not identify them this way.

Hey Pierre,

Apologies for the Late Reply (was on a Sick Leave for a while). I got it done by Leica Germany through Leica UAE and opted for Octane Blue Leather. I expected a No from Leica Germany (especially for the M10D), but it seems Alacarte is back in action (Unofficially)! This goes for even the M6. Talked to Leica Germany, and sadly couldn't get my M6 (New Leitz Logo One) OVF to be replaced by 0.58x. However, they generously offered to do it for my old M6 or MP. Sadly I traded away my old M6 and my MP due to lack of use (I am not a Collector, anything unused for a Month got to be replaced). I cant seem to find the Link they sent me to choose the Leather, but all options seem to be available except for the Ostrich Ones when asked.

Best Regards,

Santos.

It’s when you reach peak forum levels when we run out of single camera requests and ask for photos of collections. It v much mimics the lux watch forums! 

Personally I have a single m10 and a Q2 reporter. If one broke I use the other or my phone. I’m not a pro and there are many camera shops round me to help repair or procure replacement’s. 

• 4 weeks later...