Best M10 Strap

Snipe10

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My nomination goes to Harry Benz.  I have one of his Vintage B straps on my Q2 and an all black B Strap on my M10 Mono:  https://www.harrybenz.com/shop/vintage-b

My next acquisition is going to be an all black Brogue Wingtips for the M10M:  https://www.harrybenz.com/shop/brogue-wingtips

The black B Strap will then move over to my M4-P. 

Harry's straps are priced within reason for what you are getting IMO - and his craftsmanship is flawless. 

• Like 2

On 2/27/2021 at 7:16 AM, Rob L said:

That's a big negative for me! I would prefer just one buckle and maybe dip it in "plastidip" or make it from plastic.

I guess we all have different preferences. I buy my cameras to use them so they will get some scratches over time (but I checked, so far I can't find any stratches)... But to me the big benefit of having an easy adjustable strap that is comfortable is way more important. Also: the M10-R is not my only camera and this strap can be used with any of them.

I agree though that the PD straps don't look very good combined with a M camera (they go better with the SL2). 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

With 5 meters of paracord and few minutes of braiding I got my #14312  match with my old faithfull tweed coat.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Mpi said:

I guess we all have different preferences. I buy my cameras to use them so they will get some scratches over time (but I checked, so far I can't find any stratches)... But to me the big benefit of having an easy adjustable strap that is comfortable is way more important. Also: the M10-R is not my only camera and this strap can be used with any of them.

I agree though that the PD straps don't look very good combined with a M camera (they go better with the SL2). 

I once purchased a PD Sling and put it on my A7RIII and the very first time I put the camera in my bag I dinged the viewing screen. I know better now! I still use it on my SL2. I attach it to the bottom of the camera because the SL2 hangs better that way (I think) and the strap is out of the way when camera is pulled up to shoot. I use a PD6 bag and my SL2 goes lens down in the center, so I just stuff the strap to the right of the camera by the grip. Works fine once you adjust.

On 2/27/2021 at 2:49 PM, Mikep996 said:

The standard Leica strap is the best strap, IMO.  I use them on all my cameras!  

They are good straps, but are too short for wearing the camera cross body. 

I'm 6' 0" and my Harry Benz straps are around 140 cm. in length.  This puts the camera at hip level when worn cross body.  This keeps the camera out of harm's way when not being used.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 12:56 AM, strohscw said:

Well, I am using mainly two type of the Artisan&Artist Silk straps I really Like:

1.) ACAM-312N

2.) ACAM-310N

Curious, do the Artisan and Artist SILK straps fray over time?  I have heard some opinions that say they do not look very good after normal usage
and that the Silk begins to look a bit tattered, if you can comment about length of time or usage frequency and how it looks?

vor 16 Minuten schrieb roverover:

Curious, do the Artisan and Artist SILK straps fray over time?  I have heard some opinions that say they do not look very good after normal usage
and that the Silk begins to look a bit tattered, if you can comment about length of time or usage frequency and how it looks?

Well, I've been using them for two years now and I find them very comfortable to wear, no fraying so far.
I wrap them around my hand while carrying the camera and find the silk very comfortable to wear.

24 minutes ago, strohscw said:

Well, I've been using them for two years now and I find them very comfortable to wear, no fraying so far.
I wrap them around my hand while carrying the camera and find the silk very comfortable to wear.

I like the look and vibe of these, I may order one to try, thanks.

Guest Nowhereman
On 2/27/2021 at 9:16 AM, Rob L said:

...The perennial favorites for Leica M, not mentioned yet are:  https://www.harrybenz.com/  and  https://gordyscamerastraps.com/...

On 2/27/2021 at 11:44 AM, Herr Barnack said:

My nomination goes to Harry Benz.  I have one of his Vintage B straps on my Q2 and an all black B Strap on my M10 Mono:  https://www.harrybenz.com/shop/vintage-b...Harry's straps are priced within reason for what you are getting IMO - and his craftsmanship is flawless. 

On 2/27/2021 at 1:33 PM, MEB said:
  • ...I have two straps from Harry and they are both beautifully made and work well with Leica cameras...
On 2/27/2021 at 9:38 AM, Jeff S said:

...In fact the new Harry Benz SL2 strap that I first tried, which was far more expensive and took months to receive, still sits in its nice little box in favor of the PD. I had to wash all the black residue off my hands after attaching the new Benz strap to the camera for trial.  Glad I didn’t get it on my clothing or inside the bag...

I agree with all except the last post quoted. I've used the Harry Benz "B" strap and had no problem with any black residue, to which it would have been particularly vulnerable in the in tropically humid conditions in Thailand, where I've been using my M10 the most. Indeed, what I particularly like is that the buffalo leather of this strap feels substantial, yet is flexibly and soft enough so that I can loop it around my wrist when I shoot. Also, the topside is smooth while the underside is rough enough not slide when carried on the shoulder. The configuration of mine is: 

/B strap/ 33” (84cm) / Black stitch / No trim / No grooves /.

I like this length because it's short enough for looping around the wrist and hanging comfortably on the shoulder — I don't wear it across the chest.

2 minutes ago, rramesh said:

Just look in the box. You will find a very nice strap with the Leica logo.

That'd be too easy, ha. Half the fun has been outfitting my incoming M, new bag, case, straps. Have a few new books coming from Amazon too. Thanks for all the suggestions, appreciate all the advice. 

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2021 at 3:58 AM, Boojay said:

I have no connection to this chap but I totally agree.   I have around 25 leather, rope, braided, peak design leash etc etc straps hanging in my office... this old Leica strap is by far the easiest to work and walk with.  14312

https://johnnymartyr.wordpress.com/2019/03/14/the-best-camera-strap-in-the-world/

14312. I've had the same one on my M6 for over 30 years....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1