Who has two M10 bodies?

6bit

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A bit off topic - but pico, the RMD applies only to retirement accounts. Which are tax-deferred money at the front end - you saved on taxes when you put it in those accounts way back when - remember? Now you're at the point where you are paying the deferred taxes as you withdraw - presumably (but not necessarily) in a lower tax bracket than at the peak of your earnings.

And that money is for your retirement - that's why you got the tax break. It is not there to hold onto forever or pass on to your descendents. Use it or lose it.

• Thanks 1

This RMD thing is just plain bullsh*t. The government kleptocracy demands that at ~70 years-old we Americans withdraw a minimum amount from our savings or retirement source, then they tax it. I'm speechless.

Before you reached age 70, your accountant should have told you that you could have moved the money from your traditional IRA into a Roth IRA. There is no RMD (required minimum distribution) for a Roth IRA.

We are all taxed (quite heavily) in different ways. How does 20% sales tax grab you, and no ability to avoid by buying out of State. Not to mention 40% on part of our pension.That said, happy to pay my share as there is no other sensible way to fund all the things we rely on.

Unfortunately, US Americans get no credit towards health and well-being for paying taxes.

Before you reached age 70, your accountant should have told you that you could have moved the money from your traditional IRA into a Roth IRA. There is no RMD (required minimum distribution) for a Roth IRA.

I believe to move it to the Roth, you must pay taxes on it. When you take a distribution from a Roth you pay not taxes. Your Roth contributions are made with funds you have already paid taxes on. 

A bit off topic - but pico, the RMD applies only to retirement accounts. Which are tax-deferred money at the front end - you saved on taxes when you put it in those accounts way back when - remember? Now you're at the point where you are paying the deferred taxes as you withdraw - presumably (but not necessarily) in a lower tax bracket than at the peak of your earnings.

And that money is for your retirement - that's why you got the tax break. It is not there to hold onto forever or pass on to your descendents. Use it or lose it.

Andy, I get it, however I would prefer to voluntarily withdraw the money when I need it; not when I do not need it. See, it's like the kleptocracy is dictating our lifestyle, for better but more often worse.

And you had best behave young man or I'll unload my estate upon yours so you can deal with false wealth! :) Love ya, guy.

Edited by pico

You are entitled to your opinion. I don't believe that having two identical cameras and not being a pro means I don't have faith in my gear and I also am not sure how that ties to 'a good photographer can take a good picture with any camera'. 

Thanks for your input. Still looking for those who own two M10s and their responses. 

I used to always carry two cameras, with different lens on each and rarely had to change. The only reason I dont have two M10's the that they are expensive. But likely I will in the next year or so.

• Like 2

Two M10, that's dream team :).

Stonewall Brigade, tpf1952, very curious that you two don't talk about their color(s).

I'm curious also, how you carry them ( without or in case, with long/short straps, on each shoulder or the two on your chest ?).

For years, I waited for Leica to produce a digital that was similar in style, size, weight, function, and ergonomics to my Leica M6 film rangefinder. While I waited, I began shooting with a Fuji rangefinder-style mirrorless.

If I had stuck to my original plan, when the Leica digital camera for which I had been waiting appeared (the M10), I would have replaced my three temporary Fuji bodies with two M10 bodies. However, the high price of the M10 has prevented me from doing so.

39070526724_d1a243d57d_c.jpg

Leica Rangefinders by Narsuitus, on Flickr

Two M10, that's dream team :).

Stonewall Brigade, tpf1952, very curious that you two don't talk about their color(s).

I'm curious also, how you carry them ( without or in case, with long/short straps, on each shoulder or the two on your chest ?).

Good question, a.noctilux. I regret I don't have a good plan for how I carry them. Both have the standard straps. I tend to keep the camera with the 28 around my neck, and the other camera on my right shoulder with my hand on the camera. It's a little sloppy, but it works.

• Like 1

Good question, a.noctilux. I regret I don't have a good plan for how I carry them. Both have the standard straps. I tend to keep the camera with the 28 around my neck, and the other camera on my right shoulder with my hand on the camera. It's a little sloppy, but it works.

With two Ms, I've never find how to carry them.

I've experimenting "hundred" possibilities and failed.

So when I have to use 2 Ms, the not used one is in a bag or small case and that for the day long, I usually use the one already in my hand.

Thank you to everyone who participated. By the end of this week I will have two M10 bodies. A silver will join my black body.

What did you decide for two different colored bodies?

What did you decide for two different colored bodies?

I went back and forth on the color in the beginning. I struggled between to choose between them. I then passed up silver and silver waiting for a black body. Finally getting one with some help from this forum. Now that I have ordered my second body, I thought I would go silver to satisfy that urge. I like the look better because it reminds me of the old Canon, Nikon, and Yashica film bodies. 

I have two, although not the same color.  If I had it to do over again, I'd probably get both in black.

Since I use my cameras for work, I try to purchase a minimum of two bodies.  You never know when a camera is going to stop working, and the last thing you want is to find that the only body you have for an assignment is dead.  I also find it easier to work with two bodies, using different focal lengths on each; it makes it faster to switch from one view to another, and minimizes the amount of time the lens is removed from the bodies (which minimizes the amount of time for dust to enter the camera). 

I went back and forth on the color in the beginning. I struggled between to choose between them. I then passed up silver and silver waiting for a black body. Finally getting one with some help from this forum. Now that I have ordered my second body, I thought I would go silver to satisfy that urge. I like the look better because it reminds me of the old Canon, Nikon, and Yashica film bodies.

Call me Mr Confused! Or am I missing something.

How many body colour options are there. Is it not two?

Decision for second body would be simple and logically driven. No?

Call me Mr Confused! Or am I missing something.

How many body colour options are there. Is it not two?

Decision for second body would be simple and logically driven. No?

The decision is not necessarily a logical one (binary, perhaps, but not logical).  I have traditionally purchased cameras that look the same, and the majority of those have been black.  My first Leica, however, a silver one, was given to me by a relative.  Thus, I had no involvement in the choice. 

My own preference is for black cameras in that they tend to be less flashy and (hopefully) less likely to attract attention.  When I purchased my first M10, I ordered it in black.  Some time later, I had a chance to pick up a silver one at a decent price, and price considerations overrode personal color preference.  I've tried to justify the difference in color by thinking back to film leicas, where I used different color bodies; I also like to think that the silver has a more classic look.  Of course, that may just be an effort to justify a decision as opposed to the reasons for the selection.