Survey: Your Advice To The New Leica CEO

LUF Admin

Stay true and honest to Leica, for us it's much more than just "a camera" it's part of our life, we sleep with it. An M can't be compared. So for instance: a Leica M60 is real, Leica M3D-R is real, they are honours to what is close to our hart. Leica M Lenny Kravitz is just a travesty, without soul. :(

1) Improve and continue the X-series. Two fixed focal lengths, 35 and 50mm equivalents, no AA-filter, regular FW updates...the X1 and X2 were good for their time (particularly as additions to an analog or M system) and close to the Leica photography heritage - small, discreet, solid. Made for photograpers, at a reasonable price point, with fantastic IQ. My X cameras held up in conditions the Ms failed.

2) FW updates for older products (X-series...) instead on new botique items or special editions.

3) Innovate. More monochrome products?

Edited by Peter_S
  • Like 1

Use processors that match the complexity of the firmware so that start up, read, write and buffering times match your eastern competitors...... and if there is AF make sure that too is fast ...... all your cameras to date have been snails in comparison..... (although I concede the T is up to slug speed ....:rolleyes:)

• Like 4

First, congratulations!

I'd love to see a digital version of the M6. No bells and whistles, optical RF, quiet shutter, no video, no auto exposure, full frame. Simple, fully manual and as reliable as the M6. I'd buy that camera instantly! Actually, I'd buy two.

One last suggestion: Please never again market a camera that does not have an integrated rangefinder.

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 1

Advice to the new CEO?

Do what you do best and what they hired you for, not taking advice from a bunch of customers that couldn't CEO their way out of a fiberglass outhouse. You already know what you're doing or you wouldn't be there.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Please listen (discerningly) to this ready resource of avid Leica users, always happy to give an opinion, feisty and fiery at times, but always passionate about the product -- a quality other brands would pay dearly for.

• Like 3

Focus on two differentiated lines: M (pro) and "RC" (rich consumer), innovate M within current ergonomics and form factor but reduce price by 30% while improving quality; do market research and needs assessment for RC line for a 2025 horizon to see if you can make a sustainable business out of it.

My advice to the new CEO would be what I posted in another thread ( http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m9-forum/365685-unlucky-poor-quality-control-2.html#post2898505 post #40): Stop fixating on the global celebritwat and billionaire market; meet the needs of real photographers, whether they are full time professionals, part time pros or amateur enthusiasts.

Edited by Carlos Danger
  • Like 1

Have you seen the chart?

It's a helluva start,

It could be made into a monster

If we all pull together as a team.

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy,

We call it 'riding the gravy train'

:D

• Like 2

Advice to the new CEO?

Do what you do best and what they hired you for, not taking advice from a bunch of customers that couldn't CEO their way out of a fiberglass outhouse. You already know what you're doing or you wouldn't be there.

There's been a few responses like this so I'm not picking on you, but any CEO would be very wise to listen to the thoughts of their most loyal customers, would they not?

• Like 4

Keep improving the M with faster processors, bigger buffers, better sensors, etc... Please consider bringing it's pricing back to reality, though. I really think the upper price ceiling on the M 240 successor should be $5k USD, no more. High pricing on lenses is acceptable insofar as they will last a lifetime, but the digital bodies are disposable, and the pricing needs to reflect that.

Combat the Fuji X100-series by adding a built-in EVF or hybrid EVF/OVF to the next version of the X. APS-C is perfect for the X, so no need to go full frame.

• Like 1

Create a more interacting and bonded community

Focus on quality control and precision assurance

Increase availability and accessability both on high sought items and accesories

Increase affordability

Offer superior value proposition as compared to competition (as perceived by potential end users)

Listen to man on street, not just pros, opinion leaders or celebrities

Innovate by differentiating, focus on technology, keeping an eye ball on end result and how things are achieved by the end user

Strengthen localized service and support, increase effectiveness and efficiency

Create better sales, down to earth but profound customer touch points

Change the misconception that this brand is for snobs, the rich, and wannabees only.

Build on the brand value - more matter with less art

• Like 1