No freezes with the M-P, design failure of m240?

satijntje

I am currently using a Sandisk Extreme Pro (95MB/s) and it has a very short start up time. They also make a memory card with 250MB/s. Does anyone know if M 240 supports this speed? I am wondering if there is any benefit in using this in improving the overall performance.

Zero freeze and zero lockup since the purchase of my early sample in May 2013 (8K to 9K frames) but i don't use LV/EVF much and i chose 95 MB/s cards very soon to reduce startup times essentially.

I am currently using a Sandisk Extreme Pro (95MB/s) and it has a very short start up time. They also make a memory card with 250MB/s. Does anyone know if M 240 supports this speed? I am wondering if there is any benefit in using this in improving the overall performance.

None as far as the Toshiba SDHC UHS-II Exceria Pro 260 MB/s (16 GB) is concerned.

- I had two lockups in the first 6 months - no EVF but lots of LiveView - with Panasonic 16GB Gold Pro

- No lockups since new firmware with Toshiba Exceria HS 32GB

Difficult to say if it was the new firmware or SD-card.

I would never use cheap SD-cards and I don't buy Panasonic Gold anymore since their production was outsourced.

15k on one on the very early 'lug returns'.

I have successfully locked it up twice by frantically pressing multiple buttons trying to change settings to catch a fleeting image ..... but I would count those as user generated errors. EVF and liveview used at least 50% of the time.

Nil otherwise in nearly 18 months of use .......

The camera should not freeze under any circumstances. Doing so clearly highlights a deficiency with the firmware programming, which in turn would be caused by a lack of expertise in programming and testing the firmware, which in turn would be caused by a lack of proper project management and/or managerial buy in.

From what you are describing, they are using an interrupt model for many of the cameras hardware inputs (which of itself is not surprising or uncommon). But interrupt programming can cause many issues if not done by someone with significant expertise of all the potential issues associated, such as race conditions, blocking etc...

I just hope they learn from this experience.

15k on one on the very early 'lug returns'.

I have successfully locked it up twice by frantically pressing multiple buttons trying to change settings to catch a fleeting image ..... but I would count those as user generated errors. EVF and liveview used at least 50% of the time.

Nil otherwise in nearly 18 months of use .......

• Like 1

Leica would not have issued a firmware update for the purpose of fixing the issue if they did not admit it. As clear as i recall no beta tester seems to have suffered from any freeze or lockup problem then but i may be wrong.

Last summer RickLeica had so many freezes he had to stop using the EVF. HE made it VERY clear to Leica that it was happening a lot to him.