Nikon, steps in with an alternative....{merged}.

Stealth3kpl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Brightscreen used to offer a third-party replacement split-image microprism screen for the D800. Although only intended for replacement by a service centre the D800 focussing screen appears to be user-replaceable, with some care. I wonder whether the Brightscreen would work with the Df body?

Nicm

Brightscreen used to offer a third-party replacement split-image microprism screen for the D800. Although only intended for replacement by a service centre the D800 focussing screen appears to be user-replaceable, with some care. I wonder whether the Brightscreen would work with the Df body?

Alas, Brightscreen is rapidly fading into photographic history.

Have you actually used a Canon? Their DSLR controls are very intuitive.

Spot on James.

I love the 70D with it's touch screen, so fast and easy to navigate it's menu, for a 65 year old thats saying a lot.

Remember only Canon offers us R users a DSLR solution with out having to change the lens mount.

Since adding Canon AF, IS lenses to my inventory I have to admit I am impressed with them, now I can

Use both my R lenses and Canon's Lenses with no problem.

I am so greatful to Leica for introducing me to Canon...thank you Leica.

Also played with the Nikon's DF, frankly a lot of knobs and switches but it's a DSLR, so prefer it to the M240.

Ken.

Alas, Brightscreen is rapidly fading into photographic history.

I replaced my D700 screen (non-user-replaceable) with a Katz screen last year. They were right. The screens are a PITA to replace yourself and I now have a D700 with a scratched Katz screen that is no better than the one the those nice people at Nikon put in the camera in the first place.

I replaced my D700 screen (non-user-replaceable) with a Katz screen last year. They were right. The screens are a PITA to replace yourself and I now have a D700 with a scratched Katz screen that is no better than the one the those nice people at Nikon put in the camera in the first place.

Oh dear, I guess could you always put the Nikon one back in ...

Nick

They are not field replaceable, but you can do it. Just do not jam to tool in.

The hex screw on the bottom of the lens mount is handy to raise and lower the screen, 1.5 mm key. Nikon screens from that vintage are not set with precision from the factory. Mine now is.

With the Katz, live view, green dot, auto focus, and split image all line up 100%. Now when I put the R lenses on it, it is a gem.

• 1 month later...