Name this car....

The Lotus Exige is / was a wonderfully engaging little car that I dearly wanted to own and test-drove in all three iterations - Gen I,2 &3 - hoping they'd change it sufficiently to accomodate a larger ( no pun intended) clientele, but alas, the cramped cockpit kept me from byuying one: I simply could not climb in and sit in one, it is just too damned small & tight for a man of my size to safely and comfortably fit in it.

The next puzzle below is not the same car merely in another color - different marque, different country, rather, I want to highlight just how strongly reliant on wind-tunnel results designers of modern sportscar have become.

I realize it's only a tiny slice of the whole car, purposely almost identical to Andreas' clue of the previous mystery car..... I would  be happy to provide additional clues - any guesses ?

JZG

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I certainly didn't expectc a soultion that quickly, but you're absolutely correct. A Maserati 12MC it is, shown at Concorso Italiano. Must be the roof air intake and the front-fender louvres that gave it away - the distinctive Enzo driver's side window also must have helped cement the identification. 

You are next up.

JZG

• Like 1

Following the theme of "fairly extreme crops" this is another hard yet maybe familiar one

3 hours ago, Rona!d said:

My guess would be BMW 502.

Your guess would be correct! Well spotted.

2 hours ago, John Z. Goriup said:

I fully concur.............and to put a finer point on it, I believe its a 1956 Baur Cabriolet - and if that's correct, Ronald still gets the next turn

JZG

Well it's a "regular" 1961 502 V8 so Ronald is good to go.

I had cheekily tried to make a crop that looked rather more curvaceous and perhaps more glamorous than the actual design - hence Wilson's F+F thoughts...

• Like 3

Thanks. Everyone can post the next car if I‘m not fast enough.

Indeed a pretty clever crop. As a BMW 328 Roadster/327/28 Cabriolet fan I knew I just have to add some more years for the blinkers and 501/502 was the logic answer. 502 because of the chrome trim in the crops background.

Some years ago an old collector who wanted to downsize offered me a pretty healthy „daily driver“ 502 with sun roof which only needed some care and love and wasn’t expensive. I never thought about 502s before the kids and always wanted a 327/28. Now I think that 502 would be a nice family friendly classic bimmer but I still don‘t like the design that much. Maybe after some weeks in the stable I might like it. They are elegant dinosaurs which drive nicely.

• Like 3

And here is the next one.

OK, let´s try a second crop. Apologize for being pretty tight again but maybe someone might get it. To fool you, I deleted a part of the brand´s name, one letter in the beginning is missing. One little further help: The car in question was only made in small numbers: 252 cars and Elvis Presley owned one. It was made in Germany but aimed to the US market. It was made from 1956 to 1959 and was designed by Albrecht Graf von Goertz.

Because this second crop is pretty tight again (sorry, John I don´t have any further angles of this car - really!) I should mention it is a two-seater Roadster with a V8 engine based on the prior riddle car. Hence propably the same maker (oops!).

Lot´s of information but when the photos are too unspecific this might be helpful. Who will get this mystery car?

WE HAVE A WINNER ! Please proceed, hektor!

Don´t have a full shot of the riddle car but here the model in my office.

I will be away till Wednesday and thereby unable to respond.  In the meantime have a go at one of the loves of my life: